This Hot Taco Dip with ground beef uses taco seasoning mix to ramp up the spicy flavor. Grab a bag of tortilla chips and start dipping!
This filling ground beef taco dip appetizer is a real treat for any gathering. Perfect along with a mug of cold beer on game day with friends, this hot taco dip recipe with ground beef is filling and satisfying. Your family and guests will love it.
Hot Taco Dip Recipe with Ground Beef
You’ll love this taco dip with meat! Great to customize and serve with your favorite taco toppings. Because this taco dip with cream cheese uses plenty of ground beef, it makes for a filling yet easy appetizer.
Serve alongside tortilla chips and maybe a plate of these Baked Italian Sausage Baguettes. Perfect for game day, parties, and cocktail hour, this flavorful appetizer rivals any layer dip and incorporates the delicious and distinct flavor of tacos! You only need 4 ingredients to put together this crowd pleasing taco dip.
Taco Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese – gives your easy taco dip recipe a delicious and creamy base that makes this dip satisfying and filling.
- Ground Beef – can also be substituted for ingredients like ground turkey and ground chicken for a slightly lighter dip.
- Taco Seasoning Mix – this is an easy way to quickly add a big punch of flavor and make your dip taste exactly like your favorite taco filling!
- Rotel Original – a mixture of diced tomatoes and green chilies that provides lots of easy and authentic flavor.
- Tortilla Chips – for dipping.
How to Make Hot Taco Dip with Ground Beef and Cream Cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat. Once you have browned the ground beef, add the Rotel, softened cream cheese, and then add taco seasoning mix into the skillet.
- Stir gently for about 3-5 minutes until cream cheese has fully melted. Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a serving dish.
- Serve this hot taco dip with ground beef with tortilla chips.
Can I use Rotel Hot instead of Rotel Original in this hot taco dip recipe?
If you really want to ramp up the heat factor of this dip, you can use Rotel Hot instead of Rotel Original. I don’t find it necessary, as this recipe is hot enough using Original, plus the taco seasoning.
Do you drain the meat before adding taco seasoning?
Depending on how lean the ground beef is that you are using in this dip recipe, you may want to drain excess fat from the cooked ground beef.
If I use a regular ground beef, I do drain the cooked beef. Often I use a extra lean ground beef and so there is not need to drain the small amount of excess fat.
Should I add cheddar cheese to this dip recipe?
You don’t need to add extra cheese to this dip, as it contains cream cheese.
But, if you want to ramp up the cheesy flavor, by all means add 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the mix and combine well.
What other kind of meat would work well in this hot dip recipe?
If you don’t want to use ground beef, consider using ground turkey in this hot dip recipe instead. You could even use ground chicken! This will have the same general effect as ground beef but will yield a slightly lighter taco dip.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For some other toppings to serve with your dip, consider shredded lettuce, black olives, or green onions.
- Instead of or in addition to cream cheese, use sour cream or Greek yogurt for a similarly tangy flavor that pairs perfectly with the savory flavors of meat and taco seasoning.
- While tortilla chips are a fantastic option for serving, this taco dip also works great as a dip for vegetables, crackers, bread, pretzels, and more!
More Appetizer Recipes You Will Love
- These Cranberry Apple Mimosas are the perfect sweet and bubbly addition to any breakfast or brunch!
- This pretty Mermaid Water cocktail is great to serve at parties, cookouts, and BBQs.
- Make these Easy Wonton Taco Cups in a muffin tin and have a savory appetizer ready in under 30 minutes! Try these for Taco Tuesday!
- Can’t get enough of taco dishes? Make this delicious Taco Casserole from Lil’ Luna, perfect for potlucks or any yummy dinner.
Taco Dip with Cream Cheese and Meat
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1oz Packet Taco Seasoning
- 10oz Can Rotel
- Tortilla Chips
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef over medium heat.
- Once you have browned the ground beef, add the Rotel, cream cheese & taco seasoning into the skillet.
- Stir for about 3-5 minutes or until cream cheese has fully melted.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- If you want even more heat, try using Rotel Hot instead of Rotel Original.
- Other options for serving include raw vegetables, crackers, other kinds of chips, pretzels, pieces of bread, and whatever other dippers you enjoy.
- For additional flavor, add ingredients like black olives, green onions, or shredded lettuce.
- While this dip has a cream cheese base, you can also add some shredded cheddar cheese to really ramp up the cheesiness!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 121Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 240mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g
latest update: December, 2022