Tangy and tropical, this refreshing and unique Mermaid Water cocktail is just what you need on a hot summer day!
This pretty cocktail is great to serve at parties, cookouts, and BBQs; your guests will love the magical color of this drink and the combination of sweet and tropical flavors.
For another summery sweet drink, try this Blue Lagoon Cocktail, which also uses blue curacao for its distinct tropical blue color!
Why You’ll Love this Mermaid Water Cocktail
With spiced rum, coconut rum, and blue curacao, this tropical and elegant rum punch is called mermaid water for its signature greenish blue color. It’s the perfect summer cocktail!
Pineapple juice brings out the tropical flavors of the coconut rum and the citrus from the limes pairs well with the hints of orange from the curacao.
Best of all, this easy cocktail requires only 5 ingredients. Next time you’re craving something sweet and refreshing, try making this playful and pretty mermaid water drink!
Play with garnishes and decorations to take your presentation to the next level!
Mermaid Water Recipe Ingredients
- Spiced Rum – I like to use Captain Morgan, but your favorite spiced rum will do just fine.
- Coconut Rum – contributes an extra punch of rum, balanced out by the smooth taste of coconut.
- Pineapple Juice – adding pineapple juice dilutes some of the alcohol and incorporates a sweet, beachy flavor.
- Limes – you’ll use these both for a punch of citrus flavor from the lime juice and as a beautiful garnish.
- Blue Curacao – gives this drink its signature aquamarine color and adds an extra tropical flair!
How to Make Mermaid Water
- Into a large pitcher, measure and pour the spice rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice and blue curacao.
- Squeeze the juice out of two limes into the pitcher. Stir together well.
- Serve over ice and garnish with limes.
- Add a colorful stainless steel straw and a flamingo stir stick to your cocktail glass.
What are drinks made with blue curacao?
One of the most popular drinks made with curacao is the Blue Hawaii, which is a similar sweet drink made with vodka and rum and a variety of fruit juices.
You can also use curacao to change the color of other cocktails like margaritas and even Long Island Iced Tea!
What can I use instead of pineapple juice in Mermaid Water?
Any other juice that has a good balance of sweetness and tartness will be your best bet. Mango juice is a great option as it will produce a drink with a similar color.
You can also try grapefruit juice, passion fruit juice, or even add some extra citrus juice (lemon, lime, orange) to get a similar effect.
What is a substitute for blue curacao?
If you can’t find blue curacao, any orange-flavored liqueur will do the trick. Cointreau and Triple Sec are some of the more popular choices.
And of course, add some blue food coloring to ensure that you still have the signature blue coloring!
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- To make this Mermaid Water drink recipe even more magical, pour in some flavored sparkling water so it bubbles. A flavored sparkling water like lemon or raspberry will mix well with the fruity flavors of this cocktail.
- If you really want to lean into the mermaid aspect, you can also stir some edible glitter into your cocktails to make them sparkle!
- Garnish with lime, orange peel, and fun straws to make this drink even more fun.
- There are several kinds of liquor in this cocktail, so if you find it too strong feel free to dilute by adding extra juice or some sparkling water, or omit one of the types of rum. I would recommend leaving out the spiced rum in this case, as you’ll want the coconut flavor from the coconut rum.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Poor Man’s Margarita – This budget friendly version of a margarita uses limeade to make a tart and delicious drink.
- Vodka Raspberry Lemonade – A classic and simple cocktail that everybody should have in their repertoire!
- Easy Taco Cups – Adorable and handheld, these appetizers are made using wonton wrappers.
- Crab Rangoon Dip – Enjoy this creamy and flavorful dip hot or cold and with your favorite crackers or veggies!
Mermaid Water Cocktail Recipe
Mermaid Water Cocktail
This tropical blue-green cocktail is a refreshing and magical drink that's perfect for the summertime!
- 1 Cups Spiced Rum
- 1 Cup Coconut Rum
- 72 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 3 Limes
- 1/4 Cup Blue Curacao
1.Pour all the liquids into a large pitcher.
2.Squeeze the juice out of two limes into the pitcher.
4.Serve over ice and garnish with limes.
- Use some sparkling water to dilute your drink and add bubbles.
- Substitute mango, passion fruit, or grapefruit juice for pineapple juice if desired.
- If you don't have or can't find blue curacao, use any orange liqueur and some blood food dye.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 45gProtein: 2g