These yummy Jalapeno Chicken Poppers are baked in the oven. So easy to make for game day or happy hour!
Looking for a healthier chicken popper recipe with a delicious spicy flavor? You will enjoy this recipe – instead of frying in oil, these spicy chicken poppers are baked in the oven, making this chicken recipe perfect for a keto diet.
And, for a cocktail that compliments nicely, why not try this Spiked Southern Peach Lemonade? It’s got a delicious combination of sweet, juicy peach and tangy lemonade!
Why You’ll Love Jalapeno Chicken Poppers
Often poppers are made from chicken breast and deep fried in oil, but this recipe uses ground chicken instead, making it a quicker treat to put together.
This recipes yields bold and delicious keto Jalapeno Chicken Poppers. Serve these easy ground chicken appetizers along with other finger food appetizers for your next cocktail party or game day.
These keto friendly chicken poppers go great with this easy Broccoli Cheese Dip that combines cream cheese, broccoli, cheddar cheese and sour cream. Your guests won’t be able to get enough of this recipe for Jalapeno Popper Chicken without cream cheese! A favorite appetizer for game day, parties, celebrations, and more.
Spicy Chicken Jalapeno Popper Ingredients
- Ground Chicken – this forms the base of your chicken poppers and is a much healthier choice than something like ground beef.
- Taco Seasoning – an easy way to quickly and effortleslly add lots of flavor to your poppers.
- Bacon Pieces – provides some extra savory flavor and that distinctly delicious bacon taste.
- Cheddar Cheese – makes your chicken poppers melty and cheesy.
- Large Egg – ensures that your poppers stay together when baking.
- Jalapeno Pepper – if you really love jalapeno poppers, you could add more jalapeno peppers than called for in this recipe.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
How to Make Jalapeno Popper Chicken Appetizers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl combine chicken, taco seasoning, jalapeno peppers and egg and combine together well.
- Add in diced bacon and the cheddar cheese and mix together.
- Form the chicken and cheese mixture into 16 evenly sized small meatballs or small patties, and layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown and chicken is cooked.
- Use a spatula to remove the jalapeno chicken poppers from the baking sheet and place onto paper towel. Let them sit a couple of minutes to rest.
- Then transfer to a serving dish. Spoon up any extra drippings or cheese from around each popper bite and add to the dish before serving.
More Keto Appetizer Recipes
- Yummy Bacon Wrapped Cabbage Dippers
- 20 minute Bang Bang Shrimp
- Light and Fruity Strawberry Shortcake Mini Desserts
Chicken Popper FAQs
How to make keto-friendly chicken meat ball poppers at home?
This recipe is a keto-friendly chicken meat ball popper recipe! Because it’s baked in the oven instead of fried in oil, it’s a healthier choice.
Can I add vegetables to this popper recipe?
Yes you sure can! One of our favorite vegetables to add to this recipe is zucchini! Chicken zucchini poppers are delicious – all you need to do is add 2 cups of grated zucchini to the chicken mixture.
Tip: Be sure to squeeze the excess liquid from the zucchini before adding!
Can I make Jalapeno Chicken Poppers in the air fryer?
Absolutely! Instead of baking them, arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes. If they’re not done, flip them over and continue to air fry for another 5 minutes or so. Cooking times can vary based on your air fryer and the size of the patties you create.
What to serve with Jalapeno Popper Chicken?
This appetizer is great to serve alongside your favorite dipping sauces, like hot sauce or ranch dressing. You can also pair your chicken poppers with veggies like carrots, celery, or broccoli for a healthy and fresh appetizer platter!
For a different take on this appetizer altogether, you could even serve your chicken poppers on slider buns for mini handheld sandwiches.
Jalapeno Popper Variations and Substitutions
- If you want a dip for these poppers, serve alongside a small bowl of hot sauce or buffalo sauce. Or both in separate bowls!
- Looking to add even more flavor? Add a teaspoon each of garlic powder and onion powder to the meat mixture. Also adding a teaspoon of chili powder will really ramp up the spiciness.
- Can’t find ground chicken? Pick up some boneless skinless chicken breasts and put them through a food processor, or hand chop them into fine pieces. If you use your food processor for this, be sure to give it a thorough cleaning afterwards to get rid of any traces of raw chicken.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Why not try this Baked Italian Sausage Baguette – it’s a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- This delicious Mermaid Water Cocktail is exactly what you need on a warm summer afternoon!
- These Nashville Hot Wings are super easy to make, thanks to this secret shortcut! Flavorful and crispy, these are always a favorite with guests.
- This Bruschetta Recipe is one of our favorites and is so simple to make.
- Jalapeno Popper Hand Pies from Everyday Pie take these classic flavors and turn them into warm pockets of appetizer goodness!
Chicken Poppers Recipe
- 1 lb. Ground chicken
- 2 tsp. Taco seasoning
- ⅓ C. Bacon pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 Large egg
- 1 Jalapeno deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, and knead to combine well.
- Form the mixture into 16 evenly sized small balls or patties, and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Spoon up any extra drippings or cheese from around each popper bite and pour over the poppers before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 19g