Make this easy and refreshing Strawberry Frosé recipe for an excellent refreshing adult drink on a hot summer day! With only two ingredients and quick prep, this wine slushie comes together in a snap.
If you love rosé wine and fresh strawberries, this frozen cocktail is perfect for you! Blended together with ice, this wine slushie is a simple cocktail that’s perfect for cooling off in the summer or enjoying on the porch during spring.
And if you can’t get enough of frozen cocktails, consider making this Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri for another frozen fruity beverage!
This super easy recipe yields the ultimate summer cocktail, which is perfect to customize and alter as you see fit. Sweet and bursting with fruity flavor, this is the easiest way to make your own frozen rosé beverage right in your own kitchen!
Why You’ll Love this Frozen Rosé Recipe
When the weather starts to get warm, reach for this easy frosé recipe! Combine sweet bubbly wine with fresh or frozen fruit and ice for a quick and simple cocktail that’s always sure to hit the spot.
Garnish with additional strawberries and you’ve got yourself a gorgeous and refreshing beverage! When it comes to frosé recipes, it doesn’t get easier than this delicious frosé with strawberries.
Great to make in large quantities and serve at pool parties, barbecues, and more, this strawberry frosé cocktail is the ultimate tasty summer recipe. Imagine yourself sitting by the water with a cold wine slushie, or enjoying a warm summer evening with this cocktail in hand!
The possibilities are endless; you can include additional ingredients to customize this frozen beverage to your preferences.
Ingredients for this Easy Frosé Recipe
Rosé – this bubbly pink wine is typically light, fruity, and refreshing, making it the perfect base for this wine frosé recipe.
Strawberries – use either fresh or frozen fruit for this cocktail. Fresh fruit will give a pop of intense fruity flavor, but frozen strawberries can help with the slushie texture.
Ice – a must-have for frozen cocktails like this frosé, ice helps form the slushie-like consistency.
Strawberry – use additional strawberries for the garnish if desired.
How to Make Frosé
- Pour the rosé into the blender.
- Add the strawberries and ice to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into wine glasses (we’ve used these stemless wine glasses) and garnish with a strawberry.
Strawberry Frosé FAQs
What does frosé taste like?
This Strawberry Frosé is an even more refreshing version of rosé wine with a burst of fruity strawberry flavor. Because it only requires two ingredients, this recipe allows specific flavors to take the reins.
You won’t find many summer cocktail recipes that are as easy to make and yield such delicious results!
Where did frosé originate?
A bar in New York City called the Bar Primi is credited with inventing this drink. The name is a shortened version of “frozen rosé,” as the classic version of this drink was essentially just rosé wine blended up with ice.
Many versions of the cocktail include strawberries, and some even add vodka for an extra boozy kick.
What pairs well with frosé?
Any food that pairs well with rosé will similarly pair well with this Strawberry Frosé. It’s great with seafood like salmon or paired with spring and summer veggies such as asparagus, greens, tomatoes, peppers, and squash.
You can also serve it with appetizers, especially soft cheeses like Brie, Camembert, or goat cheese. A glass of strawberry frose goes hand in hand with this delicious Crab Rangoon Dip or this yummy Baked Camembert with Honey.
Can I make frosé ahead of time?
You can, but it isn’t quite as simple as blending everything together and then storing in the freezer. You’ll want to prepare your frosé as instructed, then pour into ice cube trays or a similar container and keep in the freezer.
When it comes time to serve, pop out your frosé cubes and blend them up again to achieve the slushie texture.
There are also other ways to utilize these frosé cubes. Place a couple in a glass and top with a flavored sparkling water for a spritzer-like cocktail, or even add more rosé and achieve something between rosé and frosé!
Strawberry Frosé Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For a thicker cocktail, simply add more ice. You can also achieve a thinner end result by using less ice. Play around with the quantities until you get the perfect slushie-consistency!
- If you find this drink a bit too sweet, add lemon juice or lime juice to balance out some of that sweetness and add a nice citrus zing.
- Want even more strawberry flavor in your frosé? Add a splash of strawberry syrup to the blender.
- You can also include other ingredients like flavored sparkling water or even other fresh or frozen fruits to change up the flavors of your Strawberry Frosé. If you add more liquid, just be aware that you may need to include more ice for the cocktail to properly take on the slushie consistency.
- A stronger cocktail can be achieved by adding a splash of silver tequila or vodka. Using a flavored vodka (like the one we use to make all of these special Peach Lemonade cocktails is another way to incorporate additional flavors and customize your Strawberry Frosé to your taste.
- Strawberry Watermelon Frosé – A great combination of flavors are strawberry and watermelon. Leave out half the strawberries and replace with watermelon. Garnish with some mint or basil for an extra pop of contrasting color and herbal aroma.
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Mojito – Lovers of strawberry beverages will enjoy this sweet and light rum cocktail with lime and minty freshness.
- Peach Margarita – Another majorly easy frozen cocktail that’s an excellent way to beat the heat this summer!
- Dragon Fruit Cocktail – Tropical and exotic, this Dragon Serum is a gorgeous golden cocktail with a combination of harmonious fruity flavors.
- Ranch Water – Excellent for the summer, this drink is a must-try for any margarita lovers!
- Rosé Popsicles – If you can’t get enough of frozen summer cocktails, these fun popsicles from Wood & Spoon are another way to enjoy rosé!
Easy Strawberry Frosé Recipe
- 1 Bottle (750 ml) Rosé
- 10oz Strawberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- 3 Cups Ice
- Strawberry for garnish
- Pour the rosé into the blender.
- Add the strawberries & ice.
- Pour into wine glasses & garnish with a strawberry.
- Add a splash of vodka or tequila for a stronger beverage.
- Other fruits like watermelon can be used to add more fruity flavor.
- Adjust the amount of ice to achieve the perfect slushie consistency for your preferences.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 20Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g