This sweet and minty Strawberry Mojito is a light and refreshing rum-based cocktail that’s bursting with delicious fruity flavors!
Easy and breezy, this easy strawberry mojito recipe combines fresh strawberries with mint leaves and white rum for a classic and sweet cocktail. Great as a summer cocktail but delicious all year round!
Strawberry mojitos are ideal for sipping in the shade, by the pool, or to serve by the pitcher at your next picnic or cookout! And if you can’t get enough of this drink, you should also try this Cuban Mojito with lots of fresh lime flavor.
Why You’ll Love this Strawberry Mint Mojito
Unlike traditional mojitos, which combine the flavors of lime and mint for a subtly refreshing cocktail, this strawberry mint mojito leans into the sweeter side of things!
With fresh strawberries and flavored sparkling water, there’s no shortage of delicious strawberry flavor. This cocktail also has a gorgeous red color for a pretty presentation.
Sweet, fruity, and a crowd pleaser, this is a great cocktail to cool off in the summer! You can also serve it during the colder months as an instant tropical getaway in a glass.
Regardless of how and when you serve them, strawberry mojitos will be a favorite with guests at any happy hour or cocktail party!
Strawberry Mojito Recipe Ingredients
- Fresh Mint Leaves – provide a cool and herbacious flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet strawberry and acidic citrus of the limes.
- Strawberries – give this drink a beautiful red color and add some natural sweetness.
- Lime Juice – a classic ingredient for any mojito, lime juice cuts through the sweetness and provides a pop of tart citrus.
- Simple Syrup – to help balance the flavors and bring out the sweetness of the fruits.
- Light Rum – a white rum is necessary to create a light and thirst-quenching mojito cocktail.
- Strawberry Flavored Sparkling Water – instead of club soda, this recipe uses a fruity sparkling beverage to drive home the strawberry flavor.
- Ice Cubes – you’ll want to enjoy this drink ice cold.
- Strawberry Slice – for a garnish with a pop of beautiful red color!
- Lime Slice – lime wedges provide extra citrus flavor and act as another garnish.
How to Make a Strawberry Mojito
- Place the mint leaves and strawberries into a glass. Muddle the strawberries, lime juice, and mint leaves together.
- Pour in the simple syrup and the light rum. Add ice cubes.
- Top off with strawberry flavored sparkling water. Stir with a straw.
- Garnish with fresh strawberry and lime slices. Add a pretty cocktail straw and serve.
What do mojitos pair well with?
Because of this cocktail’s origin in Cuba, the flavors will pair perfectly with Cuban food or even Mexican. Serve your mojitos with a big bowl of salsa and tortilla chips, pair with tacos, or sip your drink while enjoying carnitas, shrimp ceviche, and more!
Do strawberry mojitos contain alcohol?
Yes, these mojitos contain rum. To make a virgin strawberry mojito mocktail, simply omit the rum and add a bit more of your sparkling water.
What kind of alcohol is in a mojito?
Mojitos are made with white rum, which provides a light and subtle flavor and a refreshing, crispy finish. For a truly authentic mojito, use a Cuban rum like Bacardí.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Strawberry Coconut Mojito – Instead of sparkling water, use coconut water to create an even more tropical flavor profile.
- Strawberry Basil Mojito – Muddle a few basil leaves with the strawberries and mint. This will add a slightly peppery and aromatic flavor. Basil can also be used instead of mint in a pinch.
- Strawberry Mojito Pitcher Recipe – To make this drink in a larger quantity, you’ll want to triple or quadruple the measurements. You can even make a bigger pitcher than that, as long as you keep all of the proportions the same!
- For a more subtle drink, use an unflavored sparkling water. You could also use another flavor like lime to highlight a different flavor in this cocktail.
- For even more mint flavor, make a homemade mint simple syrup.
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
- Fuzzy Navel Cocktail – This refreshing cocktail is bursting with juicy peach and orange flavors–a perfect way to beat the heat!
- Cosmopolitan Cocktail – A staple cocktail, this elegant beverage is simple to make with cranberry juice, vodka, orange liqueur, and limes!
- Skinny Bitch Cocktail – With only 100 calories per cocktail, this ultra light and fizzy drink only requires 3 ingredients to put together.
- Apple Cider Martini – This autumnal spin on the martini is great to serve during the fall months or as an apple flavored treat any time of year.
- Orange Mojito – For another refreshing take on the mojito, try this super citrussy cocktail from Rachel Cooks!
Easy Strawberry Mint Mojitos
- 6 Mint Leaves
- 2 Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Simple Syrup
- 2 Ounces Light Rum
- Strawberry Flavored Sparkling Water
- Ice Cubes
- Strawberry Slice (Garnish)
- Lime Slice (Garnish)
- Place the mint leaves & strawberries into a glass.
- Squeeze in the fresh lime juice & muddle together.
- Pour in the simple syrup & the light rum.
- Add ice cubes.
- Top off with strawberry flavored sparkling water.
- Stir with a straw.
- Garnish with strawberry & lime slices.
- Basil can be used in place of mint.
- To alter the flavor, use a different variety of sparkling water. You could also use unflavored sparkling water or club soda for a less sweet version of the drink.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 11gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g