This delicious Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe for one is a sweet and refreshing treat with an icy twist, perfect to unwind and cool off by the pool, at the peach, or sitting out on your deck or patio.
Enjoy a juicy and flavorful strawberry daiquiri, frozen for the ultimate refreshing cocktail. This drink combines fresh fruit with your favorite rum for a light but sweet beverage that’s sure to rejuvenate you and help you beat the heat.
For another tasty strawberry rum cocktail, check out this Strawberry Mojito which balances sweet fruit with a cooling mint flavor.
Serve this frozen cocktail in your favorite fun glass and incorporate fun and festive garnishes to take the presentation to the next level! When it comes to frozen strawberry daiquiri recipes, this is one of the easiest and tastiest you’ll find.
Why You’ll Love this Frozen Strawberry Cocktail
Craving something sweet, fruity, and ice cold? Break out the blender and try this super easy strawberry daiquiri cocktail!
Made with ice, this beverage takes on a slushie-like texture, perfect for cooling down and relaxing. Best of all, you’ll only need four ingredients to put it all together!
Using fresh strawberries and white rum ensures a pleasant flavor, and the addition of lime and simple syrup provide the perfect balance of sweet and citrusy sour.
You can also skip the blending and combine the ingredients in a cocktail shaker then pour over ice for a version of the drink on the rocks. Either way, you’ll love the distinctly juicy strawberry flavor of this cocktail!
Ingredients for 4 Ingredient Strawberry Daiquiri
- White Rum – use either a traditional white rum, or choose a coconut rum for another dimension of sweet and fruity flavor.
- Simple Syrup – this simple syrup helps bring out the sweetness of the strawberries and gives your cocktail a deliciously smooth finish.
- Fresh Strawberries – provide their classic strawberry flavor as well as a gorgeous light red color that makes this cocktail as fun to look at as it is to drink.
- Ice – the secret ingredient for easily turning this cocktail into a frozen treat.
- Lime Juice – balances out the fruity sweetness and deepens the flavor palette with subtle notes of sour citrus.
- Lime Slice – for garnish and a beautiful pop of green against the subtle red cocktail.
How to Make a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri with Fresh Strawberries
- Add white rum, simple syrup, lime juice, and strawberries into the blender.
- Add ice. Blend. Pour blended mixture into glass.
- Garnish with a lime slice & strawberry.
Strawberry Daiquiri FAQs
How many calories are in a frozen strawberry daiquiri?
Depending on the proportions of ingredients used and the type of rum you select, a frozen strawberry daiquiri can be anywhere from between 230 to 280 calories, give or take.
Feel free to omit the simple syrup for a slightly healthier version. The natural sweetness of the strawberries may be enough for a fantastic cocktail!
What kind of rum do you use in a strawberry daiquiri?
Any kind of light rum is usually the go-to for a daiquiri. It allows the flavor of the fruit and juices to come forward and do a majority of the heavy lifting.
You could also try a light golden rum for a slightly deeper and more complex flavor profile. A dark rum will likely be too overpowering.
Is a daiquiri just a margarita with rum?
While the cocktails do share some commonalities–namely the use of lime juice–a margarita is made with tequila and triple sec, whereas a daiquiri is typically made with rum and simple syrup.
Both can be combined with ice and blended into a frozen drink, and both are delicious with a wide variety of added ingredients, especially fruits.
How to make simple syrup?
If you’re looking to make your very own simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then cool and store in a jar or sealable container.
You can also add other ingredients like fruits or try some of these flavored extracts to make flavored simple syrups.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- To add some sweetness, rim the edge of your glass with some white sugar. For an extra flair, pulverize freeze dried strawberries or another freeze dried fruit of choice and mix it into the sugar for additional flavor and color.
- This drink can also easily be made on the rocks if you want a more classic cocktail. Combine all of the ingredients in a shaker with ice, then shake well and pour into a glass with more ice.
- Prefer a different fruit over strawberries? Substitute them for peaches, raspberries, blueberries, mango, or pineapple. You can also use a combination of fruits to create a delicious blend of flavors.
- Garnish with pretty straws, drink umbrellas, slices of lime or strawberries for a fun and exciting presentation!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Dragonberry Rum Cocktail – This tasty and tropical beverage mixes the flavors of exotic dragon fruit with familiar strawberry for a combination that you won’t be able to get enough of.
- Spiked Peach Red Bull Cocktail – Give yourself a boost with this fizzy and energizing cocktail that combines the classic energy drink with peach lemonade flavored vodka!
- Strawberry Pizza – Can’t get enough strawberry? Make this tasty and quirky dessert that uses sugar cookies dough as a pizza “crust” and slices of fresh strawberries for a topping.
- Strawberry Mudslide – Another frozen strawberry cocktail, this milkshake-like beverage is the perfect treat after a long day.
- Frozen Margaritas – If you want even more delicious frozen cocktails, and you’re a fan of tequila, try these yummy frozen margs from Isabel Eats!
Simple Strawberry Daiquiri Recipe
- 1 Shot White Rum (Coconut or Traditional)
- 1Tbs Simple Syrup
- 1 Cup Strawberries
- 2 Cups Ice
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- Lime Slice (Garnish)
- Add rum, simple syrup, lime juice & Strawberries juice into the blender.
- Add ice.
- Pour blended mixture into glass.
- Garnish with a lime slice & strawberry.
- White rum is recommended, either regular or coconut, but a light golden rum may also be a good option.
- Omit the simple syrup for a less sweet and slightly lighter version of this cocktail.
- Substitute the strawberries for another fruit or use another in addition to the strawberries for a different take on this frozen daiquiri.