Make Buffalo Wings in the Instant Pot for a super easy appetizer with only a few ingredients and very little prep time! Perfect to serve for game day, at parties, or even as a fun handheld main course.
Looking for a super simple way to prepare delicious buffalo wings? Bust out the Instant Pot and get ready for a classic and bold appetizer with minimal prep and cooking time. Perfect for an amazing appetizer in a pinch, this easy buffalo wings recipe will be a major lifesaver for all home entertainers.
Can’t get enough buffalo chicken? Make these fun and adorable Buffalo Chicken Cups for another handheld appetizer in a crispy shell. Your guests will love these fun savory treats!
With a simple combination of wings and your favorite buffalo sauce, you can quickly and easily prepare these yummy wings. Always a major crowd pleaser!
Save time and money and skip ordering out the next time you have a craving. You can have wings on the table in a snap with this pressure cooker recipe!
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wings
For any fans of bold and satisfying wings, this is your new favorite recipe! It’s so quick and easy to prepare classic, flavorful chicken wings right in your Instant Pot.
This recipe is perfect for a last minute appetizer, an after school snack, or a fun and tasty main course for dinner. Best of all, it only requires 3 ingredients!
Take your favorite buffalo sauce and slather up chicken wings, and in only 10 minutes you can have a batch of hot and ready buffalo wings.
The Instant Pot makes this a quick and painless recipe with easy prep and cleanup. You’ll never bother ordering out for wings again!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Buffalo Wings
- Chicken Wings – using either fresh or frozen chicken wings is a super easy way to prepare this recipe.
- Buffalo Sauce – any buffalo sauce or wings sauce is perfect as the main flavor component of these pressure cooker wings.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
- Chicken Broth – ensures the wings don’t dry out and adds additional savory flavor.
Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot.
- Pat dry the chicken wings and place them on top of the trivet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Secure lid and cook on High Pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking has finished, perform a quick release.
- Shake in Buffalo sauce before serving. Serve with remaining sauce on the side for dipping if desired.
Can you cook frozen chicken wings in the Instant Pot?
Absolutely, one way to make this recipe even easier is to cook your wings directly from frozen. You’ll want to cook them for 12-13 minutes rather than 10 minutes to account for the difference.
Some pressure cookers are a little different, so be sure to test things out to see which cooking time works for you.
What is the best buffalo wing sauce recipe?
It’s simple to create your very own buffalo sauce if you can’t find a store bought version that suits your tastes. For a classic buffalo sauce flavor, you’ll want to combine hot sauce, vinegar, butter, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne powder, garlic powder, and paprika.
Check out this post from Tastes of Lizzy T for more information about proportions and detailed instructions. You can always adjust the amounts of ingredients so the buffalo sauce is perfect for you!
Is there a way to make Instant Pot wings crispy?
Yes, after finished in the Instant Pot, cover your wings in sauce and transfer to a prepared baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. I’ve found rimmed baking sheets work best to prevent wings from rolling around and falling off.
Then, simply place the wings under the broiler for a few minutes. Keep a close eye on them; it’s easy to broil for too long and end up with burnt wings.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Serve alongside baby carrots and celery sticks for a delicious and authentic flavor combination.
- For dipping sauces, pair your buffalo wings with blue cheese or ranch dressing. You can also dip them in more of the sauce they’re coated in.
- Looking to add extra seasonings to your chicken wings before covering in the sauce? Try cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, or onion powder.
- This cooking method is a great way to prepare wings with any sauce. Instead of buffalo sauce, cover the wings in your favorite hot sauce, BBQ sauce, or whatever else you like to eat with your wings!
- If you don’t have chicken broth, you can use 1/4 cup of water or another kind of broth. It’s important to have a liquid in the pressure cooker to ensure the wings stay tender and don’t dry out.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Wings – Another delicious pressure cooker chicken wing recipe that features sweet and savory teriyaki sauce for a Japanese-inspired appetizer that everybody will love.
- Buffalo Ranch Dip – Combine the flavors of buffalo and ranch to make this delicious and creamy dip that’s perfect to serve with chips, veggies, and more!
- Easy Southwest Corn Dip – For more appetizers with bold flavor, put together this delicious corn dip. It can be served hot or cold, and even makes a great light dinner.
- Easy Nashville Hot Wings – Season your wings with classic Nashville Hot seasoning for another take on spicy and bold chicken wings.
- Instant Pot Chicken Mac and Cheese – This pressure cooker recipe from Dizzy Busy and Hungry is the perfect way to please a crowd. Even the pickiest of eaters will love this mac and cheese with chicken!
Recipe for Buffalo Wings in the Instant Pot
Buffalo Wings - Instant Pot
Make these Buffalo Wings in the Instant Pot for a super easy 15 minute recipe that's great as a last minute appetizer or snack!
- 10-12 Chicken Wings
- 1/4 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- Pour the chick broth into the instant pot.
- Place the trivet inside the instant pot.
- Pat dry the chicken wings and place them on top of the trivet.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Secure lid and cook on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking has finished, perform a quick release.
- Shake in Buffalo sauce before serving.
- You can use any sauce of choice for the final step of this recipe.
- Pair with celery or carrots.
- Serve your buffalo wings with ranch dressing, blue cheese, and any other dipping sauces you enjoy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g