This Mini Fruit Pizza recipe results in an adorable treat that’s perfect to serve as a sweet snack or a fruity dessert during the summer!
You’ll love this festive dish loaded with fresh fruit. Just like these Mini Fruit Tarts, this summer dessert is a great way to get your fill of sweets and fruits all in the same place!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Fruit Pizza
Summer is a fantastic time to take advantage of fresh and juicy fruits, which is exactly why these mini desserts are great for all of your summer gatherings.
Personal fruit pizzas are easy to make and only require 4 ingredients, and they’re also incredibly customizable.
The red and blue color scheme is great for celebrating American holidays, but you can easily swap out different kinds of fruit to achieve the color combination you prefer.
Serve these handheld desserts with a delicious Dragonberry Rum Cocktail for a sweet and refreshing flavor pairing!
Strawberry Blueberry Mini Fruit Pizza Ingredients
- Whipped Cream Cheese – you’ll use this as a simple but effective cream cheese frosting.
- Pre-made Pie Crust – using a ready-to-bake crust makes this recipe an absolute breeze!
- Strawberries – bring a vibrant red color to the dessert, as well as their classic summery flavor.
- Blueberries – for a pop of blue that contrasts the strawberries.
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees. Roll out pie crust dough. This kind of pastry mat works great! Using a round cookie cutter, cut circles out of the pie crust dough.
- Place dough circles in the air fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes. Remove from air fryer and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Smother in cream cheese.
- Slice the strawberries in half, removing stem. Then, place the strawberry halves and blueberries onto the mini fruit pie pizzas.
Can I make these fruit pizzas ahead of time?
It’s best to assemble your pizzas fairly close to whenever you need to serve them, but there are some things you can do ahead of time to streamline prep.
Air fry your dough circles ahead of time and wrap them in plastic to keep them from drying out. You can also slice the fruit ahead of time and keep it covered in your fridge.
How long can you keep leftover fruit pizzas?
I wouldn’t recommend keeping them around for too long once they’ve been assembled. Probably 2 or 3 days is the limit for how good they’ll last and retain the texture of the dough without getting soggy or stale. These fruit pizzas are really best served right after assembly.
Can I make these with homemade pie crust?
You absolutely can! This recipe from Inspired Taste is a great homemade pie crust that will work great with this recipe, or feel free to use your favorite go-to pie crust recipe!
What is the best whipped cream cheese?
Any brand will do, but Philadelphia cream cheese is some of the best store bought cream cheese you’ll find.
Use it to make Philadelphia cream cheese fruit pizzas for incredible results every time!
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Vary the fruit on top of your mini pizzas. Some other great summery options are kiwi, bananas, pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, mandarin oranges, sliced peaches, and mango. For presentation, it will probably work best to choose fruits with different colors for variation.
- If you want a little more sweetness, beat the cream cheese with a bit of powdered sugar to make more of a traditional cream cheese frosting.
- To add a bit of a citrus twist, beat the cream cheese with some instant lemonade or limeade mix.
- You can also use a chocolate hazelnut spread or even some peanut butter as the “frosting” for these pizzas.
- Mini fruit pizzas are also often made with a sugar cookie base, but this recipe uses pie dough instead. If you want to use sugar cookies, just bake according to the regular instructions, allow them to cool, and decorate as you please!
- A fun way to serve this recipe is as a create-your-own fruit pizza bar. Set out all of the ingredients and allow your guests to choose their “frosting” and which fruits they want to use on top.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Sparkling Blue Hawaiian – A tropical cocktail that’s great for beating the heat.
- Blue Raspberry Vodka Cocktail – Garnished with gummy candies, this fun cocktail is great to serve when you want a sweet drink with lots of character.
- Strawberry Mudslide – Strawberry flavor paired with creamy Baileys and Kahlua makes for a decadent cocktail.
- These adorable Banana Pudding Cups are a sweet and light treat, perfect for parties or just for a snack!
- Cheesy Pull Apart Bread – This savory appetizer is loaded with melty cheese and delicious garlic.
- Make Ahead Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits – This recipe from Simply Sissom is another delicious way to enjoy fruit during the summer!
Best Ever Fruit Pizza Recipe
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie crust dough.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut circles out of the pie crust dough.
- Place in the air fryer basket and air fry for 5 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer and transfer to a cooking rack.
- Smother the crusts in cream cheese.
- Slice the strawberries in half.
- Place the strawberry halves & blueberries onto the mini fruit pie pizzas.
- Other fruits to use: blackberries, raspberries, mango, pineapple, kiwi, banana.
- Use hazelnut spread or peanut butter as other frostings.
- You can also make these fruit pizzas on top of baked and cooled sugar cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 545Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 451mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 5gSugar: 13gProtein: 8g