This Strawberry Mudslide combines the delicious tastes of Kahlua, Baileys, Vodka, berries, and ice cream!
Here’s a delicious creamy cocktail that’s perfect for Valentines Day or any day of the year. If you love Baileys and Kahlua, you’ll enjoy this easy-to-make drink for happy hour.
This recipe makes one drink, but really you can get two from it – unless you’ve got a hankering for 3 ounces of liquor and don’t want to share!
Why You’ll Love this Mudslide Drink Recipe
For those times you want something sweet and creamy but with a little boozy twist, these strawberry mudslide cocktails are absolutely perfect!
Almost like an adult milkshake, this tasty drink is made using ice cream and a mix of several types of alcohol.
This pink mudslide is infused with strawberry flavor, and the pretty pastel color makes it perfect for Valentine’s Day or date night.
I love this Mudslide on a hot summer day – it’s perfect for happy hour while sitting in the shade.
We usually split this recipe between the two of us, but you don’t have to share if you don’t want to. We won’t tell!
Strawberry Mudslide Cocktail Recipe
The ingredients for a mudslide cocktail are:
- Kahlua – one of the classic mudslide ingredients.
- Baileys Irish Liqueur – another essential ingredient for mudslides, and you can even make your own Baileys!
- vodka – adds a little extra bite.
- frozen strawberries – gives this drink its signature strawberry flavor and light pink color.
- vanilla ice cream – serves as the base for this milkshake-like cocktail.
- whipped cream – for topping.
- sprinkles – optional for decoration.
How to Make a Mudslide Cocktail
- In a blender, combine 2 scoops ice cream, Baileys Irish Cream and frozen strawberries.
- Now add the Kahlua and the vodka to the rest of the ingredients. Blend together until smooth.
- Pour the shake into your favorite glass, and add an additional scoop of ice cream if you like.
- Finish off the cocktail with whipped cream and miniature heart sprinkles for Valentines Day or date night. Serve with these cute reusable straws.
Strawberry Mudslide FAQs
Why is it called a Mudslide?
This cocktail, which is reported to have been first created in the mid 1970’s at a bar called Wreck Bar, is likely called Mudslide due to its color and creamy texture.
A sister to the White Russian, this drink was born when a customer ordered a White Russian and the bar was out of heavy cream, so Irish cream was used instead.
What is a frozen Mudslide made of?
The main difference with a frozen Mudslide is the inclusion of ice cream instead of heavy cream.
A more traditional Mudslide could be made in a cocktail shaker, but this Mudslide blender recipe is necessary because of the consistency of the ice cream.
Can I make this Mudslide recipe without vodka?
Absolutely! If you want a bit of a lighter drink or aren’t a huge fan of vodka, you can omit it and just make a Kahlua Baileys mudslide.
You may want to substitute more of the Kahlua or Baileys, or just use a bit of regular milk or cream to ensure that the texture isn’t too thick.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- If you want to channel the flavors of chocolate-dipped strawberries, use a scoop of chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.
- Similarly, drizzle some chocolate syrup around the sides of your glass before pouring in the cocktail. You could also drizzle some over top.
- Baileys also has a specific flavor called Strawberries and Cream which would really enhance the strawberry flavor.
- Use a flavored vodka if you’re feeling experimental! Whipped cream vodka would provide a nice added sweetness.
More Easy Recipes You’ll Love
- White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are a sweet and decadent treat that are so easy to make.
- Perfect for summer, this Strawberry Pizza recipe is a crowd pleasing treat.
- Mini Fruit Tarts – Continue the strawberry theme through to your appetizers.
- Feta Cheese and Garlic Dip – An easy to make appetizer that pairs well with just about any cocktail!
- Easy Southwest Corn Dip – Served either warm or cold, this flavorful dip will be loved by all.
- Gourmet Chocolate Covered Strawberries – Simple but classic, make these chocolate strawberries from Tastes Better from Scratch to pair with your cocktail!
Easy Mudslide Recipe
- 1 oz. Kahlua
- 1 oz. Baileys Irish Liqueur
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream for topping
- Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- In a blender, combine 2 scoops ice cream, Baileys, Kahlua, vodka, and frozen strawberries.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the shake into your favorite glass, and add an additional scoop of
ice cream if you wish.
- Top with whipped cream and miniature heart sprinkles.
- Make your own homemade Baileys - recipe right here!
- Use chocolate ice cream or chocolate syrup for added chocolate flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 800Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 95gFiber: 5gSugar: 78gProtein: 8g