This unique Dragonberry Rum Cocktail is a refreshing and exotic drink that’s sure to impress your friends and guests!
When you want an exciting drink with a tropical twist, this dragon fruit flavored cocktail is a great way to go.
Pair it with some Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp for a delicious and impressive spread for any cocktail hour!
Why You’ll Love These Refreshing Cocktails
These elegant, one-of-a-kind cocktails harness the unique flavor of dragon fruit for a beverage experience like no other.
With just a few ingredients, you can easily put together these dragonberry rum drinks.
They’re perfect for sipping during the warmer months, and the sweet taste of dragon fruit will transport you somewhere tropical.
Using Bacardi Dragonberry Rum and slices of colorful dragon fruit, this cocktail is sure to impress for any happy hour or party!
Dragonberry Rum Seltzer Ingredients
- Seltzer Water – Seltzer water gives your cocktail a fizzy lift.
- Dragonberry Rum – a special flavored rum that brings out the sweet flavor of dragon fruit.
- Dragonfruit Water Enhancer – I got mine at Walmart; this ingredient is essential for capitalizing on the dragon fruit flavor and providing the drink’s beautiful pink color.
- Ice Cubes – this drink is ideal when served ice cold.
- Dragonfruit Slices – use slices of dragon fruit for a fun and exciting garnish.
- Mint Leaves – add some color contrast and a subtle punch of minty flavor.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes. Pour in 1 shot of Dragonberry rum.
- Top off with seltzer water. Squeeze in 1-2 squirts of Dragonfruit water enhancer.
- Garnish with fresh dragonfruit and mint.
What does Dragonberry Rum taste like?
Dragon fruit has a sweet flavor that’s often compared to a cross between pear and kiwi.
Bacardi’s Dragonberry Rum combines these flavors with the classic and familiar taste of strawberries for a distinctly sweet and refreshing blend that’s great for cocktails.
When is dragon fruit in season?
Typically, summer time is the peak season for dragon fruit, with the months of August and September being the ideal period for fresh dragon fruit.
There are also some varieties that produce fruit in the winter, from November through February, but you’ll probably want to aim for the summer months.
Can you eat raw Dragonfruit?
Yes! Eaten raw, dragon fruit has a texture somewhat similar to kiwis. Like an avocado, you’ll want to avoid eating the skin and focus instead on the white flesh inside. Dragon fruit is also delicious when thrown on the grill.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For some extra citrus flavor, squeeze in a bit of fresh lemon or lime juice.
- Instead of seltzer water, you can use a flavored sparkling water or even soda like lemon lime soda or ginger ale for a sweeter cocktail.
- Chop up some strawberries and stir them into your cocktail for more of the berry flavor.
- To make this drink more like a Bacardi Dragonberry Mojito, use some lime simple syrup and muddle strawberries with the mint in the bottom of your glass before you add the rest of the ingredients.
- Feel free to make this drink by the pitcher by increasing the ingredient quantities as necessary.
Add this special cocktail to your summer rotation for a one-of-a-kind refreshing cocktail that’s perfect to beat the summer heat!
More Cocktail Recipes You’ll Love
- Peach Margarita – With a slushie-like texture, this frozen peach margarita is a great way to cool off during the summer with its nostalgic peach flavor.
- Blood Orange Vodka Cocktail – Tart and refreshing, you’ll love this special vodka drink with the unique flavor of blood orange and a beautiful ruby red color.
- Peach Lemonade Vodka Seltzer – A simple and reliable drink that can be made with just vodka flavored with peach lemonade, ice, and seltzer water.
- Red Dragon Fruit Margarita – If you’ve fallen in love with the flavor of dragon fruit, you have to try this twist on the classic margarita from Jennifer Meyering!
Dragonberry Rum Cocktail Drinks
- Seltzer Water
- Dragonberry Rum
- Dragonfruit Water Enhancer
- Ice Cubes
- Dragonfruit Slices (Garnish)
- Mint Leaves (Garnish
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in 1 shot of Dragonberry rum.
- Top off with seltzer water.
- Squeeze in 1-2 squirts of Dragonfruit water enhancer.
- Garnish with fresh dragonfruit and mint.
- Use ginger ale or flavored sparkling water to increase the sweetness and flavor of your cocktail.
- Fresh strawberries are another good garnish for this drink.
- To make this drink even more like a mojito, start by muddling together strawberries and mint and then add the liquid ingredients.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 7gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g