These mini fruit tarts make it easy to indulge your sweet tooth! They’re easy to make and whip up in no time.
Here’s a pretty dessert to include at your next cocktail party! And you can switch up the fruit topping on these mini fruit tarts to include any kind of fruit you like or have on hand. Perfect as a sweet snack or fruity dessert, your guests will love these adorable individual tarts.
And if you love desserts just like this, try a Mini Fruit Pizza made with pie crust and whipped cream cheese!
Why You’ll Love this Mini Fruit Tart Recipe
Garnish these mini fruit tarts with any kind of fresh fruit you like! These tarts don’t take long to make, with a baking time of 10 minutes. You will have to let the tarts cool to room temperature after baking, so add an hour for that.
That just makes these tarts easy to make a day ahead of your party; just store the tarts in the fridge, cover with plastic wrap, and add the fruit topping the next day!
This easy mini fruit tart recipe goes so well with a lovely glass of wine or these Poor Man’s Margarita cocktails! Serve alongside some delicious dip with crackers like this Broccoli Cheese Dip.
Fruit Tarts Recipe Ingredients
- Banana – great to pair with strawberries, banana provides a subtle sweetness and creamy texture that works perfectly for these tartlets.
- Strawberries – fresh berries add a pop of red color and sweet, juicy flavor.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – gives the custard filling a rich, creamy sweetness.
- Egg Yolks – helps the filling bind together and bake into a somewhat solid form in the oven.
- Mini Graham Cracker Pie Crusts – these tasty pie crusts have a nice and subtle sweetness, as well as that classic semi-wheaty graham cracker flavor that rounds out this tasty dessert.
How to Make Mini Fruit Tarts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites. Mix the egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk together well.
- Pour the custard filling into the mini pie crusts and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the tarts cool on a rack.
- Then move to the fridge to cool and become firm. This should take about 1 hour.
- Once firm, it’s time to assemble the tarts. Remove them from fridge and top with thinly sliced strawberries and bananas.
- Place in fridge until almost ready to serve. Then, pull them from the fridge so you can serve at room temperature.
What if I can’t find graham cracker tart shells?
Sometimes it can be hard to find these graham cracker crusts in the mini tart form. But yes you can make a tartlet shell with pie crust!
Either make your own and fit into tart cups or just buy the mini tarts with the pie crust. You can use muffin tins or a mini muffin pan for this dessert.
Making your own tart crusts is also a good way to get some of the prep for these tarts done a few days in advance to make the main preparation fast and easy!
How do I make my own sweetened condensed milk?
Check out this recipe for homemade sweetened condensed milk. It essentially requires whole milk, vanilla extract, butter, and sugar. For an even thicker finished product, use something like heavy cream. You could also use something like vanilla bean for a more authentic and organic flavor.
Fruit Tart Variations and Substitutions
As mentioned, you can easily switch up the type of fruit you use for topping these mini tarts. This is even an opportunity to let guests or kids pick their own toppings!
So pick your favorite fresh berries or fruit that’s in season, keeping in mind color combinations if you want to use more than one type of fruit.
These yummy little tarts take only 4 or 5 ingredients, depending on how many types of fruit you choose for your topping. Some other great fruit choices include:
- peach slices
- kiwi slices
- Two great toppings to add to these tarts are a lovely dollop of freshly whipped cream or a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- You might also choose to include a few chocolate chips on each tart!
- Drizzle with some simple syrup, or make a fruity syrup to highlight the fruit flavor.
- Add some caramel or chocolate sauce for a hint of extra sweetness or decadence.
- If you want to increase the fruity flavor, you could also make a lemon curd filling for a pop of citrus that will highlight the other fruit. Many tart recipes include this kind of lemon curd, but here’s a recipe for a classic and simple version of it.
- Pastry cream is another option instead of the custard. This variation of custard is thickened with cornstarch or flour and is another popular filling for desserts and baked goods like tarts and pies. It has a similar flavor to the custard filling that you’ll make with the condensed milk and eggs yolks in this fruit tarts recipe.
More Awesome Recipes for You
- These adorable Banana Pudding Cups are a sweet and light treat, perfect for parties or just for a snack!
- Pizza Wontons are a savory handheld appetizer that puts a new spin on your classic pizza!
- This sweet and fruity Dragon Serum cocktail is perfect for the next time you need to be whisked away to a tropical beach!
- These refreshing Smirnoff Peach Lemonade Recipes use the unique flavored vodka from Smirnoff for tangy sweet cocktails!
Homemade Fruit Tarts Recipe
Mini Fruit Tarts
These mini fruit tarts are delicious and you can easily switch up the fruit toppings to include your favorites!
- 1 banana
- 4 strawberries
- 1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 6 mini graham cracker pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together in a bowl both egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour into the keebler pie crusts and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cook on a rack. Then move to the fridge to cool and firm for about 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and top with thinly slice strawberries and bananas.
- Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Pie crust can be used instead of graham cracker crust.
- Switch up the filling and make a lemon curd or use pastry cream instead.
- Feel free to customize with your fruits of choice!
Serving Size:1 tart
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1261Total Fat: 56gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 38gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 981mgCarbohydrates: 172gFiber: 4gSugar: 85gProtein: 18g