This Air Fryer Garlic Knots recipe with pizza dough is a simple way to create a delicious appetizer that’s sure to please any crowd!
Homemade garlic knots with pizza dough are a quick and easy savory treat that will be a hit anywhere you serve them. With the addition of delicious cheese and a homemade garlic butter, this air fryer recipe will become an instant favorite for parties, game days, to serve alongside pizza night, and more!
Served with your favorite sauces, these easy garlic knots are the perfect balance of crisp outside and tender inside.
Pair with a nice glass of wine or your favorite cocktail for a truly delicious snack or appetizer. No need to order takeout anymore, you can easily air fry these tasty garlic knots in your own kitchen!
Just like this Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread, this is a comforting and savory appetizer that’s foolproof and absolutely delicious!
Why You’ll Love Making Garlic Knots in the Air Fryer
A tender inside, a golden brown exterior, brushed with butter combined with fresh garlic… What’s not to love? Top it all off with salty, cheesy Parmesan and you’ve got yourself a perfect appetizer!
Any crowd will love these air fryer garlic knots, and you’ll love how easy it is to make them! Serve them up with these oh so easy Teriyaki Chicken Wings you can quickly make in an instant pot.
Only five ingredients are required for these easy garlic parm knots, which means prep is simple and cleanup is a breeze. Pair them with marinara sauce for dipping or just eat them as they are.
Either way, you’ll love these warm and buttery garlic knots. A must-try recipe for any home chef and entertainer!
Ingredients for Garlic Parm Knots
- Pizza Dough – store bought pizza dough is a fantastic way to cut down on prep time, but you can also use a homemade pizza dough if there’s a recipe you particularly like.
- Melted Butter – to brush on top of the knots, giving them a buttery flavor and a nice golden brown color.
- Minced Garlic – fresh garlic will provide a slightly fresher flavor, but buying garlic pre-minced is another great way to reduce the time spent making these air fryer garlic knots.
- Italian Seasoning – a simple and easy way to add lots of flavor.
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese – provides a delicious cheesy finish and gets nice and crispy in the air fryer.
How to Make Garlic Knots in the Air Fryer
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. In a small bowl combine the butter and garlic. Roll out the pizza dough.
- Cut the dough into long strips.
- Tie the strips into knots. The easiest way to do this is to cross the ends over each other, then tuck one of the ends into the space you’ve created.
- Place the knots into the air fryer basket. Coat with garlic butter mixture.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Air fry for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown.
Air Fryer Garlic Knots – FAQs
Can you use pizza dough for garlic knots?
Absolutely! Pizza dough is a great option for air fryer garlic knots, as the inside will be warm and soft but the outside will get crispy and golden brown.
How to tie garlic knots?
When it comes to “tying” your garlic knots, you’ll want to avoid pulling the dough too much. Work with cold dough if possible to prevent ripping and tearing.
A simple way to tie the garlic knots is to cut them into strips, then cross the ends over each other and leave a space in the middle. Tuck one of the ends through the space and give a gentle tug.
It’s alright if the knot isn’t completely tight, as the dough will expand a bit in the cooking process.
How long to cook garlic knots in the air fryer?
Depending on your air fryer, cooking times vary. In most air fryers, they’ll be done in six to eight minutes when cooked at 350 degrees F. Be sure to keep an eye on them. If they start to burn or get too dark, that’s a good indication they’re ready to come out of the air fryer.
How to store leftover garlic knots?
Wrap your garlic knots in plastic wrap or place them in an airtight container to make sure they don’t dry out. Because they have butter on them, I don’t recommend storing at room temperature.
Keep your leftover garlic knots in the fridge for 3-4 days, or they can even be frozen for up to a month. Be aware that freezing may dry out the garlic knots slightly.
How to reheat garlic knots?
I recommend reheating garlic knots in the air fryer. In the microwave, they’ll get soggy or mushy. Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F and place the garlic knots inside until heated through and crisp on the outside.
You can also use this method for reheating frozen garlic knots in the air fryer, though they will need additional cooking time.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Another great option to make garlic knots is to use crescent rolls or biscuit dough. These are already separated into the perfect sizes to roll out and tie into knots.
- Want a little more heat with your air fried garlic knots? Add some red pepper flakes with the Italian seasoning.
- Marinara sauce is the classic option for dipping garlic knots, but you can also pair them with Alfredo sauce, some butter combined with Italian seasoning, pesto, or even make a meal out of them and serve with a hearty tomato or vegetable soup.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp – This tasty shrimp appetizer is made with a bold and zesty sauce!
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza – Looking for something quick and simple to serve with your garlic knots? Make one of these customizable tortilla pizzas and add toppings to your heart’s desire.
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Bites – If you can’t get enough cheese, these gooey mozzarella bites will be the perfect snack for you.
- Homemade Pizza Pockets – This freezer-friendly recipe from The Girl on Bloor is a fantastic new way to enjoy pizza!
Easy Garlic Parmesan Knots
- Pizza Dough
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Tbs Minced Garlic
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the butter & garlic.
- Roll out the pizza dough.
- Cut the dough into long strips.
- Tie the strips into knots.
- Place the knots into the air fryer basket.
- Coat with garlic butter.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning & Parmesan cheese.
- Air fry for 6-8 minutes.
- Instead of pizza dough, you could also use biscuit dough or crescent rolls.
- Add red pepper flakes for a kick of heat.
- Serve with marinara, Alfredo, pesto, or more melted butter mixed with zpices of your choosing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g