These tasty Teriyaki Wings feature a homemade teriyaki sauce and are so easy to make in your Instant Pot for a quick and delicious snack, appetizer, side dish, or even a handheld main course!
Next time you’re craving teriyaki chicken wings, bust out your Instant Pot for a fast and simple way to cook them. This Instant Pot chicken wing recipe is excellent when you need an appetizer in a pinch for a party, game day, or barbecue.
If you’re a fan of handheld snacks and appetizers like these teriyaki wings, check out this collection of Party Finger Food Ideas as well!
You’ll love the homemade teriyaki sauce that gives these wings a deliciously sticky and flavorful finish. Serve them as a crowd pleasing appetizer, a hearty side dish, or a fun entree for a quick weeknight dinner.
Everybody will love this recipe, and you’ll love that you know how to make teriyaki chicken wings from scratch!
Why You’ll Love these Chicken Wings in the Instant Pot
Looking for the perfect homemade teriyaki sauce for wings? This recipe includes a sauce from scratch that tastes great paired with these quick and easy Instant Pot chicken wings!
You’ll love how easy it is to produce a sticky and flavorful sauce with the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Add some optional garnishes and sriracha for extra heat and you’ve got yourself a guaranteed delicious appetizer.
It’s so easy and fast to cook chicken wings in the Instant Pot, so this recipe is great for an emergency dish or when you’re having a strong craving for wings and don‘t want to wait!
When we’ve got a crowd coming over, we’ll make a couple of batches of these wings, along with some of these yummy Buffalo wings.
Ingredients for Wings and Teriyaki Wing Sauce
- Chicken Wings – a classic and delicious cut of chicken that’s perfect for a fun finger food appetizer.
- Brown Sugar – adds a great amount of sweetness and a slight caramel-like flavor that balances out the soy sauce.
- Soy Sauce – a key component of teriyaki sauce, soy sauce provides a strong and distinct salty flavor and savory umami that tastes great paired with chicken wings.
- Sriracha – this ingredient is optional and will give your teriyaki sauce a nice amount of heat.
- Salt and Pepper – ensures that the wings have a good amount of simple base flavor before adding the homemade sauce.
- Water – ensures that the wings don’t dry out or get too tough while pressure cooking.
How to Make Teriyaki Wings
- Pour the water into the instant pot, then place the trivet inside.
- Pat dry, then place chicken wings in a single layer on top of the trivet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Secure lid and cook on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking has finished, perform a quick release. Remove the wings from the instant pot.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar and optional sriracha. Using a brush, cover the wings in the teriyaki sauce mixture. Sprinkle the chicken wings with sesame seeds before serving.
How long to cook chicken wings in an Instant Pot?
Cooked at high pressure, chicken wings will only need about 8-10 minutes in the Instant Pot. To ensure that the wings are properly cooked, check for an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
This recipe is great for cooking any kind of wings to pair with all your favorite sauces and seasoning rubs.
Can I make these from frozen chicken wings?
Absolutely, you can cook your wings right from frozen. Cooking times may differ slightly depending on how many wings you’re cooking, but be sure to add a few extra minutes if cooking from frozen wings. You’ll need 12-13 minutes to cook them all the way through.
How do you thicken teriyaki sauce for wings?
A cornstarch slurry is the best way to create a thicker sauce. Simply combine about one and a half teaspoons of cornstarch with one tablespoon of warm water and mix until dissolved.
Then stir into your sauce. For this method to work, you’ll want to simmer your sauce lightly over the stove top.
What is teriyaki sauce?
Used largely in Japanese cooking, teriyaki sauce is a thick and sticky sauce with a blend of sweet and savory flavors. It can be used as a marinade, a dipping sauce, or a glaze for a variety of dishes.
Typically, teriyaki is made from soy sauce, mirin, sugar, and sake. Westernized versions of the sauce often includes ingredients like honey, ginger, or garlic for a more complex flavor palette. Cornstarch and water are often used as a way to thicken teriyaki sauce.
This quick homemade sauce used for teriyaki wings is a simplified version of the sauce, but can easily be made according to any teriyaki sauce recipe.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For garnish, top your wings with sesame seeds and chopped green onions. You can also make more sauce to serve on the side for additional dipping.
- Want wings that are on the crispier side? Once they’ve finished cooking in the Instant Pot, slather the wings with your sauce and transfer to a sheet pan. Bake the wings at 450 degrees F until they’re nice and crispy and golden brown.
- If you want to eliminate more prep and cleanup, teriyaki sauce can be purchased by the bottle at the store.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer BBQ Wings – Cooking your wings in the air fryer is an easy way to get them crispy quickly, and you can use your personal favorite BBQ sauce to take these wings to the next level!
- Easy Nashville Hot Wings – Another wing recipe with lots of bold flavor, you’ll love the spicy heat from Nashville Hot Seasoning.
- Bourbon Cherry Limeade – This sweet and complex bourbon cocktail is perfect to pair with all of your favorite chicken wing appetizer recipes.
- Ginger Sesame Chicken Wings – The Dizzy Cook offers another Asian-inspired chicken wing recipe that every wing lover needs in their recipe book!
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Wings Recipe
- 10-12 Chicken Wings
- 2Tbs Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sriracha (optional to add spice)
- Salt & Pepper (To Taste)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Pour the water into the instant pot.
- Place the trivet inside the instant pot.
- Pat dry the chicken wings and place them on top of the trivet.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Secure lid and cook on Manual High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When cooking has finished, perform a quick release.
- Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar & optional sriracha.
- Brush the Teriyaki sauce over the chicken wings.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
- Store bought teriyaki sauce can be used in a pinch.
- Bake your wings at 450 degrees after adding the sauce to create a crispier outer layer.
- Top with sesame seeds and green onions for additional garnish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 726mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g