This classic and creamy Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe is a beloved party favorite, and this healthier version takes it to a whole new level of deliciousness.
Made with the perfect blend of creamy Knorr soup mix, tender spinach, and a combination of creamy ingredients, this familiar dip is a burst of flavor in every bite.
Whether you’re hosting a game night with friends, planning a family gathering, or simply craving a savory snack, this Knorr Spinach Dip will be a major hit.
With only a few ingredients and a healthier take on classic spinach dip, you’ll feel great serving this super tasty appetizer without any of the guilt. Serve with some Garlic Bread Knots for dipping.
Or, grab some tortilla chips, veggies, or pieces of nice crusty bread because this dip is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
If you want to take this dip recipe to the next level for the holiday season, use it to make these Christmas Tree Spinach Dip Breadsticks or plateful of Spinach Artichoke Crostini – delicious holiday party food.
Why You’ll Love this Knorr Vegetable Dip Recipe
My spin on a classic, this spinach dip is a favorite with every crowd I’ve served it for! Ingredients include frozen spinach (it will need to be thawed), sour cream, mayonnaise, vegetable mix, and mozzarella cheese.
This Knorr dip recipe is a must-try for any savory appetizer enthusiast. Bursting with the fresh flavors of spinach and a medley of savory herbs and spices thanks to Knorr soup mix, this creamy dip will have you reaching for one bite after another.
The secret to its irresistibly rich and flavorful taste lies in the magical combination of Knorr soup mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Instead of cream cheese, this recipe substitutes some slightly lighter ingredients for a healthier result that doesn’t sacrifice on flavor or quality.
Prepare to be amazed as this dip disappears before your eyes, leaving everyone asking for the recipe!
Ingredients for this Healthy Knorr Spinach Dip Recipe
- Frozen Spinach – thawed, drained, and chopped.
- Sour Cream – can be replaced with Greek yogurt for a similar effect but a lighter result.
- Mayonnaise – adds the perfect amount of tangy flavor and creamy consistency.
- Knorr Dry Vegetable Soup Mix – this Knorr vegetable recipe mix is what gives your spinach dip instant and easy flavor.
- Mozzarella Cheese – great for a dip as it has a nice subtle cheesy flavor, but can be replaced with another cheese of your choice. You could also mix it with one or more other varieties of shredded cheese.
How to Make this Easy Spinach Dip Recipe
- Drain the water out of the frozen chopped spinach, and squeeze dry in some towels or paper towels.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, and vegetable soup mix to a medium bowl, and stir to combine.
- Stir in the spinach and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or until ready to serve.
- Serve with sliced French or Italian bread, crackers, pitas, tortilla chips, or fresh vegetables like celery, pepper strips, or carrot sticks.
Spinach Dip FAQs
Can you make this Knorr spinach dip recipe with cream cheese?
Absolutely, cream cheese is a classic choice when it comes to cold spinach dip. I opted for a combination of sour cream and mayonnaise for a slightly lighter dip. You can also make it with cream cheese for a richer and thicker result.
Can you freeze Knorr spinach dip?
Yes, spinach dip can be frozen for up to 2 months or so. Be sure to store it properly in an airtight container to prevent drying out or freezer burn. To serve again, I recommend allowing the dip to thaw in the fridge, overnight if possible.
How long does uncooked spinach dip last?
If you store your dip in the fridge properly, it will last 3-4 days.
How to drain spinach?
To drain the water out of the spinach, you can do so in a strainer, pushing the spinach down to release the water, blot it with paper towels, or strain it by hand.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- This dip can also be made with fresh spinach (baby spinach is always a good choice). You’ll want to cook and drain the spinach before using it, as frozen spinach comes pre-cooked and pre-chopped.
- For a bit of extra flavor and visual interest, top your spinach dip with finely chopped green onions.
- The classic Knorr recipe for spinach dip also calls for chopped and drained water chestnuts. These add a nice amount of subtle veggie crunch and some additional nutrition.
- Serve your spinach dip in a bread bowl for the ultimate appetizer! The bowl itself can be ripped and used as a dipper for your spinach dip. Great for sharing with a group of friends for any occasion.
- Another ingredient that yields a creamy and slightly tangy flavor is Greek yogurt, which is high in protein and calcium.
- Use other varieties of cheese like cheddar, pepper jack, or Swiss to switch up the flavor profile of your dip.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Best Dip Recipes – For a comprehensive list of the best dip recipes we offer, check out this roundup that’s packed with delicious recipes! There’s something for everybody here.
- Easy Southwest Corn Dip – Great to serve either warm or cold, this dip features sweet corn and bold flavors inspired by southwestern cuisine.
- Easy French Onion Dip – Another classic dip, every home entertainer or appetizer fan should have a quick and easy French onion dip recipe ready to whip up at a moment’s notice!
- Easy Greek Yogurt Dip – Looking for more light dips with a slightly nutritional twist? This Greek yogurt dip is perfect to serve with your favorite veggies or even as a spread with sandwiches.
- 7 Layer Dip – You’ll love this excellent recipe from Spend With Pennies that features 7 layers of delicious and savory ingredients that create a delicious and harmonious appetizer!
Recipe for Knorr Spinach Dip
- 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 16 oz sour cream
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1.4 oz Knorr dry vegetable soup mix
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Drain the water out of spinach.
- Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, and vegetable soup mix to a medium size bowl, and stir well.
- Stir in spinach and cheese, combining well.
- Cover and refrigerator for one hour, or until ready to serve.
- Serve with sliced French or Italian bread, crackers, fresh veggies or pitas.
- Cream cheese can be used for a richer and thicker dip, but it will be a bit heavier in terms of healthiness.
- Add chopped and drained water chestnuts for some added texture and nutrition.
- Serve with vegetables, crackers, chips, pieces of crusty bread, and more!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 308Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 473mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g