This Air Fryer Tortilla pizza is a tasty appetizer and so easy to make! You’ll love making tortilla pizzas in the air fryer and customizing with all your favorite toppings.
Looking for a quick and easy appetizer or snack? This 5 minute personal tortilla pizza is what you’re looking for. Make these simple tortilla pizzas anytime you need a filling bite to eat.
Make this air fryer pizza with a tortilla crust is the perfect way to prepare a quick and tasty appetizer. Or serve alongside a salad, a loaf or two of this Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread and you’ve got a meal!
Great for entertaining, you can let guests choose their favorite toppings and make these individual pizzas to everybody’s preferences!
Why You’ll Love to Air Fry Tortilla Pizza
Ideal for a summer time happy hour in the backyard, you can even make a meal using these burrito pizzas as a base. Gather lots of different ingredients for switching up the toppings and your crowd can prep their own!
For this recipe, I’m using mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, mostly because that’s one of my favorite pizza topping combos. But you can use whatever you like!
If you’re feeling it, add some shredded cheddar cheese along with the mozzarella. Think of using pizza toppings like mushrooms, pineapple, finely sliced hot peppers.
You can switch up the sauce and use bbq sauce in place of the pizza sauce. You could add thinly sliced chicken instead of the pepperoni.
Or choose to use tomato sauce instead, then add dried oregano or other herbs. You can use either a flour tortilla or a corn tortilla.
The options are endless and that’s the beauty of these simple tortilla pizzas. That’s also what makes them the perfect dinner idea, especially if you’ve got family that always want different toppings from everyone else on their pizza.
Air Fried Pizza Ingredients
• Burrito Sized Tortillas – this is the best size tortilla I’ve found for these personal pizzas, but you may need to choose a different size depending on your air fryer basket.
• Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – a classic pizza cheese, mozzarella will get nice and melty in the air fryer.
• Pizza Sauce – use your favorite store bought pizza sauce, or even make your own!
• Pepperoni – a great place to start for toppings, pepperoni provides lots of flavor and some added protein.
How to Cook Pizza Made with Tortillas in the Air Fryer
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 350 degrees. Using a pastry brush, brush the outer edges of the tortilla with olive oil.
- Cover each tortilla in pizza sauce. Make sure to come out almost to the edges of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the tortilla with lots of shredded mozzarella cheese. Add or substitute other cheeses if you like, such as shredded cheddar cheese.
- Add as much pepperoni as you like to the pizza! Add other toppings if you like, such as mushrooms, peppers or pineapple. Set the tortilla in the air fryer basket and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and cool on a baking rack or cutting board.
How to make cheap pizza at home?
Making this tortilla pizza in air fryer is a very inexpensive way to make pizza at home. You can turn these into pizza rollups or serve them flat.
What are some good corn tortilla gluten-free brands?
You can buy quality brands of gluten free tortillas right here. Look for brands such as Mission. Flour tortillas are the norm for this recipe, but a gluten free corn tortilla will also be just as delicious!
Can I use this recipe to make air fryer tortilla pizza roll ups?
Yes you can! To make pizza rollups, follow the same steps up until the air frying. Before cooking, roll the tortilla into a cylinder, making sure to keep the toppings inside. You may want to limit the amount of filling you use in this case.
Then simply place them in the air fryer basket, seam side down, and cook until they’re nice and crispy on the outside but melty and hot inside.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Here are some ideas for toppings: mushrooms, ground beef, spinach, pineapple, sausage, olives, onions, bell peppers, fresh garlic.
- You can use another kind of cheese instead of or in addition to the mozzarella for an even cheesier personal pizza. Cheddar works well here, as well as Gouda, feta, Parmesan, fontina, or any kind of Jack cheese.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, an additional sprinkle of cheese, or some garlic salt and red pepper flakes.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- While the pizza cooks, whip up a couple of these Cranberry Vodka Spritzers to serve alongside.
- Other tasty appetizers to serve with these would be these Jimmy Dean Sausage Stars!
- Or how about these Grape Jelly Meatballs? A fun appy that combines sweet and savory flavors for a unique and delicious experience.
- Ever wondered how to make your own tortillas? Check out these Easy Homemade Flour Tortillas from Half Baked harvest and use them for these yummy pizzas!
Personal Pizzas in the Air Fryer
- 4 Burrito Sized Tortillas
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush edges of the tortilla with olive oil.
- Smother each tortilla in pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Add pepperoni.
- Air fry for 5 minutes.
- Add or substitute your favorite cheese, vegetables and herbs.
- Topping ideas: sausage, beef, onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, olives, pineapple, spinach.
- Other good cheeses for pizza include cheddar, any Jack cheese, feta, or Parmesan.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1365Total Fat: 59gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 3519mgCarbohydrates: 146gFiber: 21gSugar: 17gProtein: 66g