Packed with savory flavor, this Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball is so easy to make and is a ready to serve crowd pleaser that your guests will love without fail!
Perfect for game days or as a satisfying appetizer to serve at your next happy hour, this cheese ball is bursting with flavor. With cheddar cheese and delicious ranch flavored dressing mix, it’s so easy to make this simple dish.
If you love bacon, this bacon ranch cheese ball with no nuts is a must-try recipe. Easy to customize and perfect to serve with all your favorite dippers! If you want another dip to serve alongside and create a fantastic appetizer duo, check out this list of the Best Dip Recipes to find a complementary recipe.
Why You’ll Love this Ranch Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball
With only 5 ingredients, it doesn’t get much easier than this cheese ball appetizer! Loaded up with shredded cheese and real bacon bits, this is a comforting and filling appetizer that’s simple to make but sure to thrill.
Pair with some fancy crackers, chips, or vegetables and dig into this bacon ranch cheese dip for a delicious savory treat. Perfect to serve on game day, at parties, or any special occasion you can think of.
Don’t worry about buying an expensive appetizer from the store! Just make this cheese ball with bacon and ranch and impress all of your guests.
Easy Bacon Cheese Ball Ingredients
- Whipped Cream Cheese – using a whipped cream cheese provides a light but creamy base for your cheese ball and prevents it from being overly filling or too heavy.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – a nice sharp cheddar pairs perfectly with savory and salty bacon and flavorful ranch dressing.
- Bacon Bits – give your cheese ball an extra layer of savory flavor.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – an easy way to work in lots of easy flavor that take your cheese ball to the next level.
- Green Onions – for some color variation, as well as subtle oniony flavor that balances out all of the salty and cheesy goodness.
Ranch Cheese Ball Recipe
- In a mixing bowl, combine whipped cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, green onion and ranch seasoning.
- Once combined, form cream cheese mixture into a ball. Serve with crackers and enjoy.
Can this be made into mini cheese ball bites?
Absolutely! Mix the ingredients together as instructed, then use a tablespoon or other large spoon to portion into smaller balls. You can serve them with mini pretzel sticks or tiny bread sticks stuck into the mini cheese balls for convenient enjoyment.
It may be best to shape the mixture at room temperature and allow it to harden a bit in the fridge before serving and to lock the pretzels/bread sticks into place.
How far in advance can a cheese ball be made?
You can make your cheese ball 5-7 days in advance, so long as you’re sure to store it properly covered in the fridge. If you’re applying some kind of coating to the outside, you’ll want to wait until just before serving to do so.
How do you thicken a cheese ball?
One easy way to thicken your cheese ball is to place it in the fridge for an hour or so. You’ll want to take it out before serving so it can soften–otherwise it may be hard to dip anything in it.
If this isn’t enough, you can also try mixing in about a tablespoon of butter and then storing in the fridge. This should help the cheese ball firm up and become thicker.
Can a cheese ball be frozen?
Yes! When freezing a cheese ball, I recommend first wrapping it with plastic, and then covering with a layer of aluminum foil. Your cheese ball should last 4 to 5 weeks in the freezer. Be sure to give it plenty of time to thaw and come back up to room temperature before enjoying again.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For additional flavor and texture, coat the outside with chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds, or other kinds of nuts.
- Instead of or in addition to cheddar cheese, use varieties like pepper jack or Monterey jack cheese.
- If your cheese ball is too thick, some sour cream can be added to the mixture to thin it out slightly. You can also use Greek yogurt for a slightly healthier ingredient option.
- Ranch seasoning can be made from scratch if you aren’t able to find packets of the mix. Combine buttermilk powder, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, dill, chives, salt, sugar, tarragon, black pepper, and mustard powder for a homemade ranch seasoning. Check out this recipe for more specific measurements and instructions!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Pinecone Cheese Ball with Almonds – For another cheese ball recipe, try this fun and wintry variation that uses almonds to make a realistic-looking pinecone!
- Garlic and Chive Stuffed Mushrooms – This keto friendly recipe is also low carb and gluten free, making it a healthy appetizer that still packs in lots of yummy flavor.
- Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread – Warm and super comforting, this is a shareable appetizer that’s loaded up with melty cheese and yummy garlic flavor.
- Cranberry Moscow Mule – You’ll love this refreshing and fruity take on the classic Moscow Mule, great for the holiday season and to enjoy through the winter.
- Smirnoff Peach Lemonade Recipes – Looking for more cocktail ideas? Try making one of these sweet and tart cocktails featuring Smirnoff’s signature peach lemonade flavored vodka.
- Cheddar Bacon Slow Cooker Bread – If you love the combination of cheddar and bacon, double down and make this delicious slow cooker bread from Dizzy Busy and Hungry to pair with your cheese ball!
Homemade Cheese Ball (Bacon Ranch)
- 8oz Whipped Cream Cheese
- 4oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 4oz Bacon Bits
- 1oz Ranch Seasoning (1 packet)
- 1 Tbs Green Onion
- In a mixing bowl, combine whipped cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, green onion & ranch seasoning.
- Once combined, form into a ball.
- Serve with crackers & enjoy.
- For a crunchy outer coating, mix some chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds with more bacon bits.
- Your cheese ball can be kept in the fridge in order to help it firm up.
- Other cheese like pepper jack or Monterey jack can be used instead of or in addition to the shredded cheddar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 942mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g