Make this fruity and refreshing Fuzzy Navel Cocktail for a beverage bursting with citrus and peach flavors!
The next time you want a simple but foolproof cocktail, try this delicious drink made with peach schnapps and orange juice. With a tropical presentation, this drink is great for sipping by the pool, enjoying at a BBQ, or to turn any day into a staycation.
You’ll love the sweet flavors of this cocktail, especially if you love oranges and yummy peach flavoring. Just like this Pineapple Screwdriver, this is a 2-ingredient cocktail that you can decorate with fun garnishes to take the presentation to the next level!
Why You’ll Love this Cocktail
Because navel oranges are a great winter fruit, this cocktail is perfect to prepare in the cold to beat the chill! Combine sweet and citrusy navel orange juice with the distinct flavor of Peachtree Schnapps for a super simple cocktail that everyone will love.
Garnish with an orange slice, a Marschino cherry for a pop of color, and pineapple leaves for a tropical twist!
Easy to make with only two ingredients, this is a great drink when you want something quick and reliable. This light cocktail is great for casual sipping. Serve it for a special occasion brunch or breakfast and your guests will love the combination of orange juice with sweet and distinguishable peach flavor.
Fuzzy Navel Ingredients
- Orange Juice – store bought or freshly squeezed, orange juice provides a bright and fruity base for this delicious cocktail. Use navel oranges for a specifically sweet citrus.
- Peach Schnapps – this liquor has a nice strong flavor and will pair perfectly with the sweet navel orange juice.
- Ice – you’ll want to enjoy this drink ice cold
- Fresh Orange Slices – for garnish.
- Cherries – provides a pop of contrasting color as well as a little bit of extra sweetness.
- Pineapple Leaves – gives your cocktail a beautiful and tropical presentation.
Recipe for Fuzzy Navel Cocktail
- Fill a highball glass with ice cubes. Pour in the peach schnapps. Top off with orange juice.
- Garnish with orange slices, cherries & pineapple leaves. Use a strong cocktail toothpick to skewer the leaves, orange and last, a cherry.
Fuzzy Navel FAQs
How to make a frozen fuzzy navel recipe?
If you want to turn this into a super delicious and frozen slushie cocktail, simply combine the orange juice and peach schnapps in a blender with ice and blend until it reaches the desired consistency. Then top with the same garnishes and a fun straw and sip away!
What is the difference between a fuzzy navel and a hairy navel?
These are essentially the same cocktail in that they’re both made of peach schnapps and orange juice, but a hairy navel is a bit stronger as it also includes vodka.
Why is a fuzzy navel called that?
This drink is named after the two ingredients. “Fuzzy” comes from the fuzz that’s found on peaches, and “navel” comes from the specific navel oranges that are used for this cocktail.
Navel oranges are a specific variety of citrus that are particularly sweet and have a thick skin with a bright orange coloring. They’re perfect for making sweet and citrusy cocktails!
The fuzzy navel is accredited to a bartender named Ray Foley from New Jersey, who started making the cocktail in the 1980s.
What is the difference between a fuzzy navel and a screwdriver?
The alcohol in a fuzzy navel comes from peach schnapps which adds a new layer of flavor to your cocktail, whereas a screwdriver is simply orange juice mixed with vodka. These cocktails are equally easy to make, but fuzzy navels may have a slightly higher calorie count than vodka.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- If you want a stronger version of this cocktail, include an ounce of vodka and make it a hairy navel. You can even use a flavored vodka to add extra citrus or peach flavor, or add another layer of flavor by using a different flavor like watermelon or strawberry.
- Though navel oranges are the best to use for this cocktail thanks to their signature sweetness, it will taste almost identical with any kind of orange juice. I recommend fresh squeezed, but store bought can also work in a pinch.
- Can’t find navel oranges? Valencia and Temple oranges are great substitutions! You could also use a blood orange if you want to add a pop of ruby color and maintain the balance of sweet and citrus.
- If you want to add an extra dimension, add a splash of sparkling water. This is another great way to add some flavor.
- Peach schnapps can be substituted for some vodka and peach extract.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- Dragon Serum – This is another tropical and exotic cocktail featuring stunning dragon fruit with familiar flavors of orange, strawberry, and cranberry!
- Nashville Hot Wings – Serve your cocktail alongside this quick and simple recipe for chicken wings with a bold flavor and crispy finish.
- Smirnoff Peach Lemonade Recipes – Looking for more sweet and fruity cocktails? Check out this roundup of drinks featuring Smirnoff’s peach lemonade flavor vodka.
- Orange Bars – Do you have leftover navel oranges? Use them to make these yummy dessert bars from I Am Baker that provide a twist on the classic lemon bar!
How to Make a Fuzzy Navel
Fuzzy Navel Cocktail
This delicious and fruity Fuzzy Navel Cocktail combines peach schnapps with orange juice for a refreshing beverage that everyone will love!
- 6 ounces orange juice
- 6 ounces peach schnapps
- fresh orange slices (garnish)
- Maraschino cherries (garnish)
- Pineapple leaves (garnish)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in the peach schnapps.
- Top off with orange juice.
- Garnish with orange slices, cherries & pineapple leaves.
- Freshly squeezed navel oranges will be sweet and fresh tasting, but any kind of fresh squeezed oranges or even store bought orange juice will work.
- Add an ounce of vodka to make this a stronger hairy navel cocktail.
- Mix in a splash of sparkling water for a fizzy lift.
- To make this a frozen slushie cocktail, combine the ingredient in a blender with ice and blend until smooth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 1g