This Miami Vice Cocktail recipe yields a sweet frozen drink that’s perfect for fans of tropical cocktails and fruity, summery flavors that will transport you right to the beach!
Looking for an adult slushy cocktail that will cool you down this summer? Try this yummy Miami Vice drink that’s part strawberry daiquiri and part piña colada, and all delicious! You’ll love the sweet and tropical flavors of this frozen cocktail.
Just like this Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri, you’ll love the slushy consistency and sweet fruity flavors of this Miami Vice beverage!
This Miami Vice drink is a delicious frozen combination of strawberry, pineapple, and coconut for a tropical adult slushy!
Combine a layer of cream of coconut, pineapple, and rum with a refreshing swirl of strawberries and lime juice. This produces a gorgeous and classy cocktail that packs lots of flavor and frozen boozy goodness.
Blend up one of these cocktails and you’ll feel like you’re sitting by the ocean with the breeze in your hair.
Why You’ll Love this Miami Vice Drink
Welcome to the vibrant world of Miami Vice cocktails, where the flavors of summer collide in a stunning cocktail.
Inspired by the city of Miami, this tropical drink combines the best of two worlds – the fruity sweetness of a Piña Colada layer with the tangy kick of a Strawberry Daiquiri layer.
The result is a visually striking, two-toned drink that will transport you to a sun-soaked beach paradise or your favorite beach bars.
This iconic drink is easy to make at home, and even beginner home bartenders can layer the two components of the cocktail for a gorgeous result.
Whether you’re lounging by the pool, hosting a summer party, or simply craving a taste of the tropics, the Miami Vice cocktail is sure to transport you to a beachside oasis.
Discover the art of balancing coconut cream, rum, fresh strawberries, and more to create a tantalizing cocktail that will leave you longing for the warm embrace of Miami’s beaches.
Let’s raise our glasses and toast to the vibrant flavors and summer vibes of the Miami Vice cocktail!
Miami Vice Cocktail Ingredients
- Pineapple Juice – provides a tangy and fruity flavor with a tropical twist.
- Coconut Milk – coconut milk gives your piña colada layer a creamy and thick finish.
- White Rum – mixes perfectly with the pineapple and coconut flavors.
- Ice Cubes – a crucial ingredient to blend up this adult slushy cocktail.
- Strawberries – give your strawberry daiquiri layer a distinct red color and a fruity flavor.
- White Rum – just like in the white layer, the rum highlights the fruity and refreshing flavors.
- Simple Syrup – for a bit of added sweetness to balance out the sour lime juice.
- Lime Juice – adds extra acidity and makes this cocktail bright and tangy.
- Ice Cubes
Miami Vice Cocktail Recipe
- To a blender, add the pineapple juice, coconut milk, white rum and ice and blend until smooth on the frozen drink setting.
- Pour the contents into a measuring cup and set aside.
- Rinse out the blender, then add the strawberries, lime juice, white rum, simple syrup and ice cubes. Blend on the frozen drink setting on your blender.
- Pour both the red and the white frozen cocktails into a hurricane glass creating a layered look. Garnish with a strawberry and pineapple wedge.
Why is it called a Miami Vice?
This drink originated in Miami, where it was often served in beach bars or in night clubs as a cold and refreshing drink for the summer. The drink was created sometime in the 1990’s, and became popular due to the show Miami Vice.
Is Miami Vice drink same as Lava Flow?
While these drinks are somewhat similar, there are key differences. The Miami Vice combines a strawberry daiquiri layer with a piña colada layer.
The Lava Flow does contain the same piña colada layer, but has more of a strawberry banana daiquiri and often excludes the lime juice as well. This leads to an even creamier cocktail with a rich finish.
How many calories are in a Miami Vice?
One serving of this cocktail contains less than 300 calories, coming in between 260 and 270 calories.
What is a Miami Vice drink made of?
This iconic cocktail is composed of a strawberry daiquiri layer (strawberries, lime juice, rum, and ice) and a piña colada layer (pineapple juice, coconut cream or coconut milk, rum, and ice).
How to layer a Miami Vice drink?
Because of the thickness of the slushy layers, it should be easy to layer this drink to your liking. One simple way to do it is to pour one layer on top of the other, resulting in a two-toned drink that’s split through the middle.
If you want more of a swirl, pour in a little bit of each component at a time to achieve the desired effect.
You can also use a bar spoon or other long utensil to manually swirl the components together. Just avoid mixing too much or the layers will combine altogether (unless this is what you’re aiming for!).
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For additional garnishes, add lime slices, twists of lime peel, or tiny paper umbrellas.
- If you’d like a more complex flavor, you can use spiced rum instead of white rum for both or either of the slushy layers.
- Miami Vice Martini – To make this cocktail more like a martini, combine all of the ingredients in a shaker full of ice and pour into a martini glass. Serve on the rocks, and/or top with a scoop of plain crushed ice.
- Miami Vice Daiquiri – If you want to make this a simpler and easier cocktail, just combine the ingredients for both layers in the blender together. This will result in a gorgeous pink strawberry daiquiri with a pineapple and coconut twist.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Mojito Cocktail – Strawberry lovers will enjoy this sweet cocktail that has a cool minty twist.
- Hurricane Cocktail – Tropical and exotic, this cocktail is bursting with fruity flavors and has a gorgeous golden finish!
- Baileys Strawberries and Cream Martini – If you can’t get enough strawberry cocktails, this creamy martini is a delicious dessert-like beverage. Perfect for a date night or romantic occasion.
- Frozen Margarita – This frozen cocktail from Fit Foodie Finds only requires 5 ingredients and results in a yummy and classic frozen marg.
Miami Cocktail Recipe
- 1oz Pineapple Juice
- 1oz Coconut Milk
- 1oz White Rum
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- 4 Strawberries
- 1 oz White Rum
- 1 Tbs Simple Syrup
- 1 Tbs Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Ice Cubes
- Add the pineapple juice, coconut milk, white rum & ice into the blender.
- Blend on the frozen drink setting on your blender.
- Rinse out the blender.
- Add the strawberries, lime juice, white rum, Simple syrup & ice cubes into the blender.
- Blend on the frozen drink setting on your blender.
- Pour both the red and the white frozen cocktails into a hurricane glass creating a layered look.
- Garnish with a strawberry & pineapple slice and enjoy.
- Use spiced or dark rum to give your cocktail a more complex flavor.
- Feel free to layer your two cocktail components in whatever way looks best to you. Go for a half-and-half approach or pour a bit of each at a time for more of a swirl.
- Garnish with pineapple, strawberry, lime wedges, or add a fun straw or a paper umbrella.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g