This sweet and sippable Kenny’s Cooler cocktail is a classic Texas Roadhouse beverage that you can easily make right in your own kitchen for a tropical and refreshing experience!
Combine coconut rum with the slightly exotic twist of Blue Curacao for a delicious cocktail that you’ll love serving! This is a classic among Texas Roadhouse drink recipes and will become a favorite cocktail.
Serve it up as a fishbowl (these are the perfect fishbowl cocktail glasses) or make a large pitcher of this gorgeous drink to please a whole crowd!
For another gorgeous blue-hued cocktail with a delicious tropical flavor, make this Blue Lagoon Cocktail made with vodka and Blue Curacao!
Kenny Chesney’s famous blue cocktail is a combination of classic ingredients that come together to make a tropical cocktail that will blow you away!
Why You’ll Love this Texas Roadhouse Kenny Cooler
It typically combines Blue Chair Bay coconut rum with Blue Curacao for a beautiful cocktail with a sweet finish and just the right amount of booze. Add a splash of peach liqueur for another dimension of fruity flavor and you’ve got yourself a delicious drink!
Originally served at the chain restaurant Texas Roadhouse, this cooling drink is perfect for a summer day. No need to go out to eat to enjoy this unique and refreshing drink. Read this post to learn how to make a Kenny Chesney cooler right in your own home!
Kenny’s Cooler Ingredients
- Coconut Rum – the original cocktail is made with Blue Chair Bay coconut rum, but any brand should do the trick!
- Peach Schnapps – provides an extra boozy kick and sweet peach flavor.
- Blue Curacao – gives this cocktail its iconic blue color and a tangy citrus flavor that helps pull all the components together.
- Sweet and Sour Mix – adds even more citrus flavor, as well as a great balance of sweetness and tanginess that compliments the tropical flavors well.
- Lemonade – helps prevent the drink from getting too boozy and adds even more sweet and sour goodness.
- Cherry – Maraschino cherries act as a gorgeous garnish as the vibrant red pops perfectly against the cool blue of the cocktail.
- Orange Slice – another burst of contrasting color that takes the presentation of your Kenny’s Cooler to the next level!
- Ice Cubes – this drink is best enjoyed as cold as possible!
Kenny’s Cooler Recipe
- Add ice cubes into a cocktail shaker. Pour coconut rum, peach schnapps, blue curaçao, sweet and sour mix, and the lemonade into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well. Pour into a glass. Garnish with a cherry and an orange slice.
What is a Blue Paradise?
Somewhat similar to this Kenny’s Cooler cocktail, a Blue Paradise uses Blue Curacao to give the beverage a unique and beautiful blue color.
A Blue Paradise leans even more tropical with pineapple juice and orange juice, but uses vodka as a base liquor instead of coconut rum.
What is Kenny Chesney’s liquor?
Blue Chair Bay is the name of Kenny Chesney’s brand of Caribbean inspired rums. This rum is a low calorie but high quality liquor that comes in a wide variety of flavors, like coconut, vanilla, and banana.
There are also a selection of rum cream drinks flavored with mocha, mango, pineapple, and coconut spice.
What are the nutritional facts for Kenny’s Cooler?
When it comes to the Kenny’s Cooler Texas Roadhouse calories count, the drink ranges between 280 and 300 calories. Texas Roadhouse officially lists the amount as 290.
This may fluctuate depending on the ingredients you use and what brands they come from.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For other garnishes, use slices of lemon, twists of orange peel, fun colored straws, or drink umbrellas.
- This is an excellent cocktail to serve fishbowl style in a spherical glass.
- Add other kinds of fresh fruit in your cocktail like strawberries, peaches, raspberries, pineapple chunks, and more!
- The original and authentic version of this cocktail uses Blue Chair Bay coconut rum and Minute Maid lemonade, but in a pinch any brand of either will work just fine. The same is true of the other ingredients as well.
- For a slightly fizzy and bubbly cocktail, substitute some of the lemonade for lemon-lime soda or a citrus flavored sparkling water.
- You can turn this into a frozen cocktail by combining the ingredients in a blender with plenty of ice and blending until smooth. Use more or less ice depending on how thick you want the consistency of your frozen Kenny’s Cooler.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Blue Raspberry Vodka Cocktail – Garnish this quirky cocktail with blue raspberry gummy rings for a fun presentation! You’ll love the bright and fruity flavor paired with the iconic blue color of this sweet and sippable drink.
- Rum Coconut Milk Cocktail – Love coconut rum but want something more appropriate for the colder months? This is an excellent cocktail to make and serve around the holidays.
- Dragonberry Rum Cocktail – Another exotic rum cocktail featuring the unique flavor of dragon fruit paired with the familiar fruity flavor of strawberry.
- Spiked Peach Red Bull Cocktail – Make this Red Bull infused cocktail for a sweet and fizzy cocktail with an extra kick of energy! Red Bull’s tasty peach flavor is perfect to use as the base of a satisfying and refreshing beverage.
- Lemon Madeleines – With a yummy layer of dipped white chocolate, these delicate cakes are the perfect companion to any cocktail party or afternoon tea.
- Blue Paradise – If you love tasty and tropical blue drinks, make this cocktail from Tipsy Bartender with a stunning blue finish!
Texas Road House Copy Cat Kenny’s Cooler
Kenny's Cooler - Texas Road House Copy Cat
This Kenny's Cooler cocktail is a Texas Roadhouse classic featuring tropical flavors and a beautiful blue color!
- 1.25oz Coconut Rum
- .75oz Peach Schnapps
- .5oz Blue Curacao
- .5oz Sweet & Sour Mix
- 6oz Lemonade
- Orange Slice
- Ice Cubes
- Add ice cubes into a cocktail shaker.
- Pour coconut rum, peach schnapps, blue curaçao, sweet & sour & lemonade into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well.
- Pour into a glass.
- Garnish with a cherry & orange slice.
- Blue Chair Bay coconut rum is crucial for an authentic version of this drink, but any brand of coconut rum will do the trick in a pinch.
- Garnish with orange peel, lemon slices, cherries, fun straws, drink umbrellas, or chunks of fresh fruit.
- Add some lemon-lime soda for a fizzy twist.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 0g