This holiday season, whip up a sweet and creamy Rum Coconut Milk Cocktail as a special treat for Santa Claus!
With a delicious light rum and creamy coconut milk, this festive cocktail is perfect to serve around the holidays.
Made with coconut flavored booze and garnished with shredded coconut, this drink will transport you to somewhere tropical even on the coldest Christmas night!
This is a rich and creamy cocktail with festive flavors that are ideal for the holiday seasons!If you love creamy and wintry cocktails, you should also check out this Peppermint White Russian. Or how about this beautiful Pomegranate Mimosa – it’s perfect for holiday entertaining.
Just because the weather outside is frightful doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a nice cold beverage!
Why You’ll Love this Coconut Milk Drink
Are you tired of leaving out plain old milk for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve? Maybe Santa deserves a little something special with his cookies this year!
This coconut white rum cocktail is just what he needs. Creamy, satisfying, and garnished with gorgeous cranberries and aromatic rosemary.
A fresh coconut rim finishes off this coconut cocktail that’s loaded to the brim with sweet and tropical coconut flavor!
Most importantly, these coconut cocktails require only a few ingredients to make.
After a long day of baking and decorating holiday cookies, just throw together a couple of handy ingredients and your coconut rum drinks are good to go!
Treat yourself and Santa alike this Christmas with a refreshing and boozy coconut milk drink to enjoy with your cookies. It will become one of your favorite cocktails with coconut rum!
Coconut Rum Cocktails Ingredients
- Coconut Rum – any Caribbean white rum flavored with coconut works perfect for coconut rum mixed drinks.
- Coconut Milk – gives your cocktail a nice white color and a creamy texture with a sweet and distinctly coconutty flavor.
- Fresh Coconut – serves as a beautiful garnish on the rim of your glasses and provides even more natural coconut flavor.
- Fresh Cranberries – for a pop of color and sweet, fruity flavor that contrasts the rich and creamy coconut milk.
- Rosemary – completes the red and green Christmas color palette and gives your cocktail an especially wintry twist with its piney aroma.
- Ice Cubes – even in the winter chill, you’ll want to enjoy this drink ice cold!
- Corn Syrup – helps the coconut flakes adhere to your glass.
- Coat the rim of a glass with corn syrup. Smother in fresh coconut.
- Fill the glass with ice. Pour in 1 shot of coconut rum. Top off with coconut milk.
- Garnish with cranberries and rosemary. Add one of these candy cane cocktail straws and serve.
Coconut Rum FAQs
Can you mix rum and coconut milk?
Absolutely! This is a classic combination for drinks like the piña colada, or spiced rum milk punch.
Another holiday drink that’s popular in Puerto Rico is called coquito, which combines condensed milk, coconut cream, and coconut milk with vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
What other drinks to mix with coconut rum?
If you have leftover coconut rum and you’re unsure the best way to use it, here are some suggestions. Because this is a fairly sweet and light rum with a nice gentle coconut flavor, it will pair well with a variety of mixers:
- Pineapple juice
- Use it to spike your hot cocoa
- Lemon-lime soda
- Sparkling water (you can also use a fruit-flavored sparkling water, pretty much anything will enhance the coconut flavor)
What’s the difference between coconut milk and cream of coconut?
Sort of like how regular milk and cream are different, the same is true of coconut milk and coconut cream.
Coconut cream is much thicker as it has a higher fat content than coconut milk, but at their core they’re made from the same ingredients. Namely, coconut, water, and sometimes a stabilizer like guar gum.
Can coconut cream be substituted for coconut milk?
In some cases, they perform the same function, but for this cocktail I recommend using coconut milk.
Coconut cream will be much too thick and you’ll have to add extra rum in order to achieve the desired consistency, which will make your cocktail much too strong.
Santa only needs a little boost!
What are some names of coconut rum?
There are lots of different brands of coconut rum. For this cocktail, we used Captain Morgan Parrot Bay, but other brands include:
- Captain Morgan Coconut Rum
- Bacardi Coconut Rum
- Don Q Coco Rum
- Wicked Dolphin Coconut Rum
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- If you want to do a complete 180, you can also make this creamy drink as a refreshing summer beverage to cool yourself down! Replace the cranberries with some pineapple chunks and you’ll feel like you’re enjoying a rich cocktail somewhere tropical and warm. You can even add some pineapple juice for extra sweet tropical flavor and make this more like piña colada.
- Top your rum coconut milk cocktail with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Add warm spices like cinnamon and nutmeg to create another layer of comforting holiday flavor.
- If you’re not a fan of the texture of coconut, the rim can also be garnished with coconut sugar instead. You won’t need the corn syrup to adhere coconut sugar; just wet the rim with some coconut milk and roll it in the sugar.
- Garnish with festive candy cane straws or other appropriate décor for a fun presentation!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Homemade Baileys – No need to splurge on a bottle of Baileys anymore! You can make your own version of the Irish cream liqueur right in your own kitchen.
- White Chocolate Bark – This simple homemade bark is made with just a few ingredients and contains coffee beans for a burst of energy and flavor.
- Christmas Tree Spinach Dip Breadsticks – For a festive and savory holiday appetizer that your guests or family will love pulling apart!
- Bacon Wrapped Cabbage Dippers – You’ll love this savory and impressive appetizer for its easy preparation and crowd-pleasing flavors.
- Cranberry Apple Mimosas – These make a perfect festive cocktail for Christmas morning brunch or as a bubbly drink to serve with a holiday dinner!
- Christmas Sugar Cookies with Easy Icing – Sally’s Baking Addiction brings us this recipe for classic Christmas sugar cookies. Pair these with your Rum Coconut Milk Cocktail as the perfect treat for Santa!
Coco Rum Cocktail Recipe
- Coconut Rum
- Coconut Milk
- Fresh Coconut
- Fresh Cranberries
- Ice Cubes
- Corn Syrup
- Coat the rim of a glass with corn syrup.
- Smother in fresh coconut.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Pour in 1 shot of coconut rum.
- Top off with coconut milk.
- Garnish with cranberries & rosemary.
- Add some spices like cinnamon and nutmeg or a dash of vanilla to bring a warmth to this rich cocktail.
- For a summery take on this recipe, add some pineapple juice and garnish with pineapple chunks and leaves instead of cranberries and rosemary.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 920Total Fat: 75gSaturated Fat: 67gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 64mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 12gSugar: 34gProtein: 8g