These super simple and tasty recipe for Air Fryer Mini Potatoes will be a huge hit whenever you need a fun and handheld appetizer with classic flavors!
Break out the small potatoes and the air fryer! This baby potato recipe combines delicious and warm potatoes with cool sour cream and onion-y chives. Guests and friends will love these adorable potatoes that are great as a foolproof appetizer or even a yummy side dish!
For a super satisfying and flavorful appetizer spread, pair them with Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp, another flavorful and bold air fryer appy!
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Potatoes
Air frying potatoes is a quick way to create a stunning appetizer. Pair them with some sour cream and chives and you’ve got a recipe that will rival classic potato dishes like french fries!
With a quick cook time and options to customize to your preferences, roasted baby potatoes are a must-try recipe for any home chef.
It only takes 4 ingredients to make this air fryer baby potatoes recipe, which means it’s super simple to prepare but turns out delicious every time!
Just prep in 2 minutes and cook in 20. The next time you need a reliable and speedy appy you can serve at any occasion, whip out this baby potato recipe!
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes Ingredients
- Mini Potatoes – feel free to use any variety, as pretty much all cooked baby potatoes are going to end up delicious!
- Cooking Spray – olive oil cooking spray is a classic choice but any kind of cooking spray will give your potatoes a nice crispy outside.
- Sour Cream – often paired with things like baked potatoes, sour cream will provide a delicious and creamy flavor that pairs well with the starchy potatoes.
- Chives – gives your appetizer a subtly onion-y taste that plays well off the sour cream.
- Salt and Pepper – a great base of flavor that can be built on with your choice of seasonings and herbs.
How to Make Baby Potatoes in the Air Fryer
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees. Place potatoes onto the air fryer basket in a single layer. Lightly spray with cooking spray and air fry for 20 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer. Split open. Load with salt, pepper, sour cream, and chives.
What are baby potatoes?
Baby or mini potatoes are not actually a type of potato, but rather a stage of development for any variety of potato. Baby potatoes are removed from the ground while the potatoes are still small and not yet fully developed or grown. You’ll be able to find a wide variety of potatoes that come in miniature size.
What potatoes are best for roasting?
There’s a wide variety of potatoes that taste delicious when roasted or air fried. Try Yukon Gold, Red potatoes, Fingerling potatoes, Russet, or Dutch Cream.
Yukon Gold is often considered one of the best potatoes for roasting since they’re consistent, easy to find, and have a thinner skin that will get nice and crispy in the air fryer.
How long do you cook mini potatoes in air fryer?
Cook your mini potatoes for about 20 minutes in the air fryer. It takes less than half an hour to fully cook these potatoes with a crispy exterior and a creamy and warm interior. For optimal and even cooking, turn the potatoes halfway through cooking time.
How many mini potatoes are in a pound?
Depending on size, there will be anywhere from 12 to 15 mini potatoes in one pound. If they’re on the larger side, it may be more in the 7-11 range.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Use seasonings like garlic powder, salt, paprika, chili powder, cumin, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, onion powder, and more. These air fryer mini potatoes have a versatile base flavor. There’s a wide variety or flavors you can add to make them yours.
- Yukon Gold potatoes are great for this recipe, and they’re common and easy to find.
- If you cant find mini potatoes, you can also buy full potatoes and cut them into appropriately sized pieces.
- If you’re not a fan of sour cream, it can be omitted. Instead, serve your potatoes with your favorite kind of sauce, condiment, or dip.
- Options for oil to use include olive oil, corn oil, and avocado oil. You’ll want something with a high smoke point so the skins get crispy without burning.
- For a super crispy finish, be sure to wash and dry your potatoes well before air frying.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Apple Cider Martini – This cocktail is a great way to bring in a classic fall beverage into your happy hour!
- Jalapeno Cheese Ball Bites – With pretzel sticks as handles, these yummy cheese ball bites are coated with a crunchy and flavorful exterior.
- Pineapple Screwdriver – A 2-ingredient cocktail that puts a sweet and tropical twist on the classic screwdriver.
- Buffalo Chicken Cups – These handheld appetizer cups are great for individual finger foods that are loaded with bold flavors!
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes – For another quick and tasty potato recipe, try this versatile and customizable recipe for air fryer potatoes from Dizzy Busy and Hungry.
Air Fryer Baby Potatoes Recipe
- 1.5lb Mini Potatoes
- Cooking Spray
- Sour Cream
- Pre-heat air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Place potatoes onto the air fryer basket.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray & air fry for 20 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer.
- Split open.
- Load with salt, pepper, sour creams & chives.
- Yukon Gold potatoes are perfect for air frying, but you can also use Russet, Fingerling, or your favorite!
- Use additional spices and seasonings like paprika, chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and more to make this recipe your own.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g