Make these fun and exciting Jalapeno Cheese Ball Bites for a crowd pleasing savory appetizer that’s packed with bold and satisfying flavors!
Your guests will love these unique cheese ball appetizers. Cream cheese combined with ingredients like bacon, pecans, and pretzel sticks makes for a delicious finger food that people won’t be able to keep their hands off!
Just like this Blooming Quesadilla Ring, this cheese balls recipe yields a filling and flavorful appetizer that will be a huge hit no matter where and when you serve it!
Why You’ll Love Jalapeno Bites
With bacon, jalapeno, shredded cheese, and a few other ingredients, this unique recipe creates an appetizer that could be described as a jalapeno popper cheese ball.
A creamy and cheesy filling forms the base, and a coating of ingredients with lots of flavors and textures ensure that these cheese ball bites are exciting and enjoyable.
Best of all, this recipe requires no cooking! Just prepare, chill, and serve. The pretzel sticks make it so easy to take a cheese ball and pop it into your mouth.
You’ll love serving this fun and flavorful appetizer and your guests won’t be able to get enough!
Jalapeno Cheese Ball Bites Ingredients
- Sharp cheddar cheese – provides a strong and distinct cheesy flavor.
- Cream cheese – ensures that the base of your cheese balls is creamy and delicious.
- Mayonnaise – contributes to the creamy and rich texture.
- Garlic powder – brings in the delicious flavor of garlic.
- Cayenne pepper – for some color and a little bit of extra heat.
- Onion powder – pairs well with the other seasonings and rounds out the spice blend.
- Salt & black pepper – to taste.
- Jalapeno peppers – bring their distinct green flavor and the perfect amount of spiciness.
- Pimentos – provide some color contrast and more pepper flavor.
- Bacon – adds a smoky and savory aspect that plays well with the other ingredients.
- Pecans – for some crunch and a subtle nutty sweetness.
- Pretzel sticks – create a fun “handle” that makes these jalapeno cheese ball bites so easy to serve and enjoy!
How to Make Jalapeno Cheese Ball Bites
- In a large bowl combine cheese, cream cheese, mayonnaise, all seasonings, jalapeno, and pimentos until evenly incorporated.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a shallow dish combine bacon and pecans and mix well. Roll cheese mixture into ball and roll in bacon pecan mixture until well coated.
- You can make these a day ahead of your party; at this point store in the fridge covered in plastic wrap.
- Remove the cheese balls from the fridge a couple of hours before serving, then insert a pretzel stick in the center of each Jalapeno Cheese Balls just before serving.
Can these cheese ball bites be made ahead of time?
Absolutely! They can be kept in the fridge or the freezer for a couple of days before it’s time to serve them. I recommend wrapping them in some plastic wrap to prevent any drying out or unwanted texture changes.
Can these cheese balls be frozen?
They can, but if you plan on keeping them in the freezer for a significant time, it may be beneficial to freeze them before rolling in the outer coating. Some of the ingredients in the coating may not freeze as well.
Your cheese ball bites should last at least a month in the freezer. When it comes time to serve, let them thaw completely and roll them in the coating.
Can I just make a large cheese ball instead from this recipe?
Absolutely! Mix the filling the same way, and instead of forming it into smaller balls just form it into a larger one. Then carefully roll the ball in the ingredients for the coating.
To serve, pair your cheese ball with crackers, pretzel crisps, pieces of bread, chips, or raw veggies like carrots and celery.
Can these cheese balls be fried?
Yes, for a twist on this recipe you can turn these into deep fried cheese balls. To do this, prepare as normal and store in the fridge until completely set and hardened. Then, deep fry in oil until golden brown. I recommend letting them drain on a paper towel after frying.
Cheese Ball Bites Variations and Substitutions
- Turn these into bite sized festive Christmas Cheese Balls by leaving out the bacon and rolling in a mix of dried cranberries, pecans and walnuts.
- Sour cream can be used in place of mayo.
- For more spiciness, add some hot sauce to the cream cheese mixture.
- Additional ingredients like chopped green onion can be added to the filling for even more flavor.
- Roll your cheese balls in other ingredients like crushed crackers, pita chips, or pretzels for an even crunchier coating.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cranberry Brie Bites – A great appetizer for the holiday season, these bite sized treats feature sweet cranberry with creamy brie cheese in a crispy phyllo shell.
- Royal Flush Cocktail – This sweet and festive cocktail is great to serve at any party or happy hour and works perfectly for gambling or Vegas themed events!
- Bacon Wrapped Cabbage Dippers – Can’t get enough bacon in your appetizers? Try this yummy dish featuring cabbage wrapped in delicious bacon.
- Jalapeno Poppers – If you’ve got a hankering for classic jalapeno poppers after trying this recipe, try this recipe from Spend with Pennies!
Easy Jalapeno Popper Cheese Balls
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, fresh grated
- 8 oz cream cheese, room tempurature
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded & minced
- 4 oz pimentos, diced and drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked & chopped small
- 1 cup pecans, chopped small
- Pretzel sticks
- In a large bowl mix cheese, cream cheese, mayo, all seasonings, jalapeno, and pimentos until well combined.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour .
- In a shallow dish combine bacon and pecans and mix well.
- Roll cheese mixture into ball and roll in bacon pecan mixture until well coated.
- Insert a pretzel stick in the center just before serving.
- You can also use this recipe to make a singular large cheese ball. Instead of separating the filling into small portions, roll all of it into a large ball, then carefully coat with the other ingredients. Serve with crackers, pita chips, or veggies.
- Sour cream can be substituted for mayonnaise if desired.
- Use hot sauce in the cream cheese filling for some extra heat.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 8g