These Nashville Hot Wings have a secret short cut in this easy appetizer recipe that results in perfectly crispy wings with lots of bold flavor!
Looking for a quick but satisfying hot wing recipe? Try these Nashville hot chicken wings – Instead of making an actual Nashville hot wing sauce, this fast recipe uses Nashville seasoning instead!
Use as much seasoning as you like; it’s easy to turn up the heat on these lip smacking chicken wings.
Why You’ll Love this Nashville Hot Wings Recipe
This easy appetizer recipe uses an air fryer; with a 10 minute prep and a total of about 30 minutes cooking time, you’ll be making these delicious chicken wings again and again. When it comes to wing appetizers, it doesn’t get much easier than this!
Serve this easy hot wing recipe with pickle slices, sliced fresh vegetable sticks and dip. These wings go great along with some light cocktails, like this Tequila Kiss.
Or why not serve up some of these refreshing Skinny Bitch cocktails?
If your gathering is a special celebration or a holiday party, try these Whiskey Champagne cocktails.
Six ingredients is all it takes to make these finger licking Nashville wings – ready to get started? Let’s go!
Nashville Hot Wing Ingredients
- Chicken Wings – in order to make this recipe that rivals the best chicken wings in Nashville, you’ll need some simple chicken wings to start!
- Salt and Pepper – provide a good baseline of flavor for your hot wings.
- Melted Butter – helps the seasoning stick to the wings and gives them a yummy buttery flavor.
- Nashville Hot Seasoning – a bold and exciting seasoning blend that has lots of heat and a touch of sweetness.
- Dill Pickles – for serving, as well as the flavorful pickle juice.
How to Make Fried Chicken with Nashville Hot Seasoning
- Gather up your ingredients and pull out your air fryer. Take the chicken wings out of the refrigerator and and bring them to room temperature. Pat each chicken wing dry using paper towels.
- Now pre-heat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the dry chicken wings with melted butter. If you prefer a more “healthy” wing, you can change out the butter and use a 0 calorie cooking spray.
- Drain off some of the pickle juice from the jar of pickles and then lightly coat each chicken wing with pickle juice, using a pastry brush. Once coated, sprinkle the wings with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken wings on the air fryer rack and air fry for 20 minutes. Remove from air fryer and lightly coat with more melted butter and sprinkle with Nashville Hot seasoning.
- How much hot seasoning to use is totally up to you! Some folks like their wings extra hot, so go for it, if you dare.
- Place the wings back in air fryer for another 5-10 minutes or until wings reach your desired crispyness.
- Remove from the air fryer and arrange the Nashville hot wings on a platter, along with some pickle slices.
- Serve alongside extra pickles and fresh veggie sticks.
What if I can’t find Cuisinart Nashville Hot Seasoning?
Cuisinart Nashville Hot Seasoning isn’t sold everywhere, sometimes you can’t even get it on Amazon. If you can’t find it, try this Olde Thompson Nashville Hot Chicken Seasoning instead!
What do Nashville Hot chicken wings taste like?
The signature Nashville Hot seasoning is a blend of spices including cayenne pepper, mustard powder, garlic powder, and brown sugar, among other ingredients. This combination creates a bold and mouth watering flavor with lots of heat and a bit of sweetness from the sugar to balance it all.
What’s the difference between Nashville Hot and Buffalo Wings?
Nashville Hot chicken typically is coated in a thick peppery paste after frying. Buffalo Wings have a wetter sauce; they’re moister and not as crispy. This recipe makes it even easier using the seasoning instead of making the thicker paste!
When is chicken fully cooked?
Because chicken wings are typically smaller pieces of chicken, it’s much easier to get them cooked all the way through without worrying about undercooking. If you do want to check, grab a meat thermometer and check the center most part of the wing. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees F.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- If you’re unable to find Nashville Hot seasoning, you can combine seasonings and spices you likely already have to make your own homemade version of the spice blend! Here are what you need for Nashville Hot Seasoning ingredients: cayenne pepper, salt, mustard powder, sugar, smoked paprika, black pepper, garlic powder.
- If you want a more sweet and spicy take on these chicken wings, you can also use some brown sugar in your seasoning mixture for a rich and complex sweetness that pairs perfectly with the heat.
- Nashville Hot seasoning can be used for lot of dishes. Use it to season chicken breasts and air fry or bake, then serve on white bread rolls for a delicious sandwich!
- Serve your Nashville Hot wings with pickles, celery and carrots, or with dipping sauces like ranch dressing, blue cheese, or more hot sauce. If you want to double down on the flavors, you can even make this tasty Nashville Hot Sauce that will amplify the heat and boldness!
More Recipes You Will Love
- We’ve rounded up our BEST Peach Lemonade Vodka recipes for you!
- If you enjoy chicken wing recipes, these Air Fryer BBQ Wings take only 4 ingredients (and one of them is BBQ sauce). Give them a try!
- This Margherita Pizza with Puff Pastry is a quick and easy way to make an appetizer-worthy pizza with your favorite toppings!
- This sweet and sophisticated Royal Flush Cocktail is a fun way to use Crown Royal whiskey and add some energy to your next game night!
- Nashville Hot Chicken Wraps – Can’t get enough of the unique and bold flavor of Nashville Hot seasoning? Make these chicken wraps from Buy This Cook That as a flavorful and spicy lunch or quick dinner!
Nashville Hot Chicken Wings Recipe
Easy Nashville Hot Wings
These Nashville hot wings are coated with seasoning, instead of the traditional thick paste.
- 12 Chicken Wings
- Nashville Hot Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- Jar of Dill Pickles
- Pre-heat air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Take the chicken wings out of the refrigerator and let them reach room temperature.
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel.
- Coat with melted butter or 0 calorie cooking spray.
- Lightly coat each wing with pickle juice.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on air frying rack and air fry for 20 minutes.
- Remove wings from the air fryer and lightly brush more melted butter and sprinkle with Nashville Hot seasoning.
- Place back in air fryer for 5-10 minutes or until wings are crispy (to your liking).
- Serve with pickle slices and fresh veggie sticks.
Use as much of the hot seasoning as you like. Or make two batches, one hot and one milder.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 239mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 5g