Sweet and tangy, this refreshing Bourbon Cherry Limeade is the perfect way to take the edge off and enjoy a crisp and cold bourbon cocktail!
Featuring sweet cherries, zingy lime, and complex and rich bourbon, this is a superb drink when you want something light and refreshing! It combines tangy limeade with the flavors of cherry and sweet-spicy bourbon for a fantastic combination.
With a gorgeous red color, this cocktail is perfect for the spring and summertime.
Bourbon fans will love the sweet fruity twist on the classic spirit, and this cocktail is so easy to make right in your own home! And for another fruity bourbon drink, try this yummy Blood Orange Bourbon cocktail!
Why You’ll Love this Cherry Bourbon Lime Cocktail
Looking for a cocktail that has the perfect balance of sweetness and complexity? Make this Bourbon Cherry Limeade recipe for a refreshing beverage with a unique blend of vibrant flavors!
With fresh cherry flavor balanced by sour and citrusy lime, this bourbon cocktail combines simple ingredients to create a drink that’s much greater than the sum of its parts.
Best of all, this cocktail is extremely customizable, so feel free to switch things up based on your tastes. With a lime wedge and cherry garnish, this drink has a beautiful and elegant finish that’s sure to impress guests.
Otherwise, this drink is the perfect treat for yourself to unwind after a long day or cool off from hot weather!
Bourbon Limeade Drink Ingredients
- Bourbon – this staple spirit has a balance of sweet and spicy flavors, including the classic notes of vanilla and caramel from the oak barrels in which bourbon is aged.
- Simple Syrup – provides a bit of extra sweetness to balance out the sour lime flavor.
- Key Lime Juice – fresh lime juice is the best bet here, but you can also buy bottled if you want to cut down on prep time.
- Grenadine – adds extra red color and a distinctly fruity flavor that’s derived from pomegranate.
- Simply Limeade Juice – gives this drink much of its distinct lime flavor.
- Fresh Lime – you’ll use this as a garnish.
- Maraschino Cherries – for a pop of color in the presentation and extra sweet cherry flavor.
- Ice – this drink is best enjoyed ice cold!
How to Make a Cherry Limeade Bourbon Smash
- Place ice in a cocktail shaker. Add in grenadine and simple syrup. Squeeze the key lime and add the juice to the shaker.
- Pour in the bourbon. Pour in the Simply Limeade.
- Slice the lime into slices.
- Fill a highball glass with ice. Shake the shaker and then pour over ice in cocktail glass. Top with slices of lime and two maraschino cherries. Serve cold!
What juice goes best with bourbon?
Cherry juice is a classic mixer for bourbon, but there’s a whole variety of juices and beverages that pair well with the liquor. Mix it with orange juice, lemonade, cola, ginger ale, or even coffee. Use a really high quality coffee like these.
You can also use something like a fruity flavored sparkling water to provide a fizzy finish with a subtle sweet flavor that will enhance the flavor of the bourbon.
What is the difference between whiskey and bourbon?
This ultimately comes down to the way in which the liquors are produced. In short, every bourbon is a type of whiskey, but not all whiskeys are bourbons.
For a whiskey to be considered bourbon, it must be produced in the United States, be made from at least 51% corn, aged in a specific kind of charred white oak barrels, and the end result must be at least 80 proof (or 40% ABV). Bourbon is especially associated with the state of Kentucky.
What is the alcohol content in bourbon?
All bourbon has to be at least 80 proof, which translates to 40 percent alcohol by volume. Some bourbons may be slightly stronger, but 80 proof is the absolute minimum.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For even more cherry flavor, there are a few ingredients you could incorporate. Use muddled cherries, either fresh cherries or Maraschino, for a burst of extra fruity flavor. You can also add a splash of juice from the Maraschino cherries.
- You can also use cherry soda for some fizziness. In this case, you may want to use a bit less limeade, unless you don’t mind a more subtle cocktail.
- Another way to add some fizz is to use lemon lime soda, or an appropriately flavored sparkling water.
- Feel free to garnish with fresh cherries instead of Maraschino if you want a more organic flavor.
- As a way to keep this drink cold, float some frozen cherries in the glass.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Whiskey Champagne Cocktail – Great for a celebration, this simple combination of whiskey, champagne, and strawberry flavor is an elegant cocktail that you’ll love serving!
- Crown Royal Whiskey Smash – For a cocktail with a punch of flavor, make this whiskey smash featuring grapefruit juice and Crown Royal whiskey.
- Crown Royal Cherry Coke Smash – If you love the flavor of cherries in your cocktails, try a cherry cola smash that only requires a few simple ingredients!
- Stuffed Mini Peppers – Looking for something tasty to serve alongside your cocktails as a snack? Make these yummy mini peppers that are stuffed with a French Onion filling.
- Bourbon Sour – Make this classic bourbon cocktail following a recipe by Dishes Delish that only requires a few delicious ingredients!
Cherries and Lime Bourbon Cocktail
Bourbon Cherry Limeade
Make this fruity Bourbon Cherry Limeade cocktail with an excellent blend of sweet, sour, and spicy flavors for a refreshing beverage!
- 1 oz. bourbon
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grenadine
- 2 oz. simply limeade juice
- 1 lime; sliced
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Place ice in a shaker.
- Add in grenadine, simple syrup, and key lime juice.
- Pour in the bourbon.
- Pour in the simply limeade.
- Slice the lime into slices.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Shake the shaker and then pour over ice in cocktail glass.
- Top with slices of lime and two maraschino cherries.
- Serve cold!
- For additional cherry flavor, use cherry soda or muddle some cherries in your shaker.
- Frozen cherries can be floated as a garnish for additional coldness.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 88gFiber: 3gSugar: 70gProtein: 1g