White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are a sweet and decadent treat that are so easy to make in your own kitchen!
Next time you need a quick but flashy treat to serve at a party or happy hour, whip up a quick batch of these white chocolate strawberries!
Covered in festive sprinkles, they’re sure to impress but don’t take much work to prepare. Pair them with this Sparkling Tequila Kiss cocktail for a fruity strawberry theme!
Why You’ll Love these Chocolate Strawberries
It only takes 3 easy ingredients to put together this sweet and colorful treat!
With a bit of patience, you can create professional-looking chocolate covered strawberries. No need to overpay for premade treats; you can put these together yourself!
With red, white, and blue sprinkles, these strawberries are great to serve for patriotic holidays. They’re also so customizable!
Switch up the kind of sprinkles you use to match them to any occasion.
White Chocolate Strawberries Ingredients
- White chocolate melting wafers – you can also use white chocolate chips or white chocolate candy melts.
- Fresh strawberries – make sure to find the most beautiful strawberries you can!
- Red, white, and blue stars and stripes sprinkles – this optional ingredient takes your presentation to the next level!
How to Make White Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper. Wash the strawberries, leaving the stems on.
- Pour the chocolate wafers into a microwave safe bowl, and melt your chocolate in 30 second intervals. Stir well every 30 seconds, until fully melted.
- Dip the strawberries one by one, half way into the melted white chocolate, then set on a parchment paper or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Immediately top with sprinkles after dipping each berry. Do this right away as the melted chocolate will set quickly.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
How many strawberries are in a 16 oz container?
On average, you’ll find about 15-20 medium strawberries in a 16 oz container. Be sure to purchase enough to make your desired amount of strawberries!
How do you get chocolate to stick to strawberries?
For best results, you’ll want to let the strawberries come up to nearly room temperature. You’ll also want to take a paper towel and dab them dry, as any moisture will make it hard for the chocolate to bond to the fruit.
The best way to dip is to hold the strawberry by the leaves. This way you can get a nice deep dip without getting your fingers covered in chocolate.
If you find the chocolate becomes too thick, pop it back in the microwave for a few seconds. Dipping in nice melty chocolate is important for an even coat.
What is the best white chocolate for strawberries?
I’ve found that Ghirardelli is one of the highest quality white chocolates that you can get for a reasonable price.
They have white chocolate chips that are specifically for baking, which means they’ll be great for melting and dipping!
Baker’s Baking Chocolate is another good option for a chocolate specifically meant to be melted.
How to store chocolate covered strawberries?
While your white chocolate dipped strawberries will be at their best the day you make them, you can keep them in the fridge for a day or so.
Just be aware that the cool temperature may causing sweating or weeping of the chocolate, and once the chocolate is set you may have better luck taking them out of the fridge and storing at room temperature.
Freezing isn’t recommended unless you want to eat them frozen. The strawberries will become mushy when they thaw.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- If you don’t like white chocolate as much, feel free to use milk or dark chocolate in addition to or instead of the white chocolate.
- You can also drizzle different kinds of chocolate over what you’ve dipped the strawberries in for some color variation (for example: dip in white chocolate and drizzle with dark chocolate stripes).
- Use a wide variety of sprinkles and toppings to customize your dipped strawberries to your liking. Sprinkles, chopped nuts, and chocolate shavings can all make for delicious additions and beautiful presentation.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Pizza – This sweet and decadent dessert pizza features strawberries and a sugar cookie “crust”!
- Hummingbird Cupcakes – These sweet and light cupcakes have the flavors of banana and pineapple and a crunchy nutty topping.
- White Chocolate Rum Truffles – For all of the white chocolate lovers, these boozy truffles are an excellent treat with warm and comforting flavors.
- Amaretto Chocolates – Pair these homemade chocolates with a nice glass of wine or whip up a batch to give away as a special present.
- Strawberry Mudslide – Strawberries combine with Kahlua, Baileys and vodka for a delicious creamy cocktail.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries Milkshake – This unique recipe from Sarah’s Cucina Bella takes the flavors of chocolate dipped strawberries and combines them in a delicious milkshake!
White Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Make these easy white chocolate covered strawberries for a simple but impressive treat that's so simple to create!
- 7 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- 16 oz fresh strawberries
- Red, white, and blue stars and stripes sprinkles
1. Line a baking sheet or tray with parchment paper.
2. Pour the chocolate wafers into a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each heating session, until fully melted.
3. Dip the strawberries one by one, half way into the melted chocolate, then set on a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Immediately top with sprinkles after dipping each berry, as the chocolate will set quickly.
5. Cover, and refrigerate for 15 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Combine with other kinds of chocolate for visual and flavor contrast.
- Use different kinds of sprinkles to customize these strawberries to any occasion!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g