Make this Peanut Butter Whiskey Milkshake recipe for a decadent and boozy adult treat that’s a fun and tasty twist on the classic ice cream dessert!
This indulgent boozy shake combines the nostalgic goodness of a classic milkshake with a grown-up twist. The creamy richness of peanut butter flavor pairs perfectly with the smooth and slightly smoky notes of whiskey, creating a mouthwatering combination that will leave you craving more.
If you love decadent recipes like this one, also consider checking out these Chocolate Recipes for Sweet Treats!
From blending the ingredients to garnishing with drizzle of caramel, each element is carefully crafted to deliver the ultimate alcoholic milkshake experience.
So grab your favorite glass, sit back, and indulge in the velvety delight of the best Peanut Butter Whiskey Milkshake recipe you’ll find!
Why You’ll Love this PB Whiskey Milkshake
Satisfy your sweet tooth and indulge in a grown-up treat with this Whiskey Milkshake! This creamy and decadent concoction combines the rich and nutty flavors of peanut butter with the smoothness of whiskey for a truly delightful adult dessert.
From blending the ingredients to topping it off with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate, you’ll love every second of this sweet and boozy shake.
Fans of the combination of peanut butter and chocolate will adore this simple recipe made with milk, ice cream, and more!
Looking for something a little more fruity? Try this Strawberry Mudslide – with Kahlua, Baileys, Vodka, berries, and ice cream!
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Whiskey Shake
- Vanilla Ice Cream – creates a sweet and creamy bases for this delicious boozy shake.
- Ice – helps the shake take on a nice thick consistency and stay nice and cold.
- Milk – any kind of milk will work perfectly for this recipe, so feel free to experiment!
- Creamy Peanut Butter – using creamy PB is ideal for this recipe, as chunks of peanuts might be harder to drink in your milkshake.
- Whiskey – use your favorite kind of whiskey for this recipe.
- Caramel Topping – pairs well with the complex flavors in the whiskey.
- Chocolate Syrup – accentuates the salty peanut butter flavor and gives your whiskey milkshake another layer of flavor.
- Whipped Topping – this optional ingredient is a delicious option for a sweet and light topping!
How to Make a PB Whiskey Milkshake
- In a blender, add in vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, milk, whiskey, and ice. Blend well. If there is too much liquid, add more ice.
- Using a milkshake glass, drizzle the inside of the glass with caramel syrup and chocolate syrup. Instead of a milkshake glass, a hurricane glass will work well. Pour in whiskey peanut butter shake.
- Top with whipped topping, caramel syrup, and chocolate syrup.
What liquor goes well with ice cream?
A wide variety of spirits can be paired with ice cream to create boozy desserts. Vodka is a classic choice since it won’t add much flavor and is therefore super versatile.
Other great options are whiskey or bourbon, rum, brandy, or flavored liqueurs.
What makes a drink a milkshake?
What compliments peanut butter whiskey?
Chocolate is a classic pairing for anything with peanut butter, and with the addition of whiskey these decadent flavors deepen the complex liquor. Another good choice would be some toasted marshmallow.
Creative Garnishes for this Boozy Milkshake
- Crush up some peanut butter cups to add on top of the whipped topping.
- Top with marshmallow fluff instead of whipped topping for added sweetness and decadence.
- You can also use some marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs to give your shake a s’mores twist.
- Add some crushed peanuts.
- Drizzle with melted peanut butter.
- Add crushed pretzels for an additional salty and crunchy topping.
- For some extra décor, add some chocolate sprinkles.
- Use a fun colored straw for added presentation.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Use chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla for a super chocolatey version of this shake! You can also use other flavors of ice cream to customize to your taste.
- For a lighter version of this drink, opt for lighter ingredients. Low-fat or fat free ice cream, non-dairy milks, and homemade whipped topping with less sweetener would all be great ways to lighten this shake a bit.
- Use Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey to really drive home the PB flavor. This spirit is perfect for peanut butter whiskey recipes like this one, as it combines sweet and salty flavors for the ultimate whiskey experience!
- Irish Whiskey Milkshake – For a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat, use Irish whiskey or even an Irish cream like Baileys for a unique twist on this PB whiskey shake.
- Fireball Whiskey Milkshake – Like a bit of cinnamon flavor? Use Fireball whiskey for a little extra bite. You may want to exclude some of the other ingredients like peanut butter and chocolate, but the caramel would still pair well with the cinnamon flavor.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Caramel Chocolate Pretzels – If you love the combination of caramel and chocolate, try out this simple but tasty treat made with pretzels.
- Baileys Strawberries and Cream Martini – Another creamy and tasty adult beverage that can be enjoyed as a yummy dessert!
- Bourbon Cherry Limeade – For those of you who prefer the tangy and fruiter route, this is a great way to combine bourbon with sweet and tart ingredients for a refreshing cocktail.
- Double Chocolate Whiskey Cake – This delicious recipe from Laughing Spatula features a whiskey chocolate ganache for a rich and satisfying dessert!
PB Whiskey Milkshake
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 4 cups ice (more if needed)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 4 oz. Whiskey
- caramel syrup for topping
- chocolate syrup for topping
- whipped topping for topping
- In a blender, add in vanilla ice cream, peanut butter, milk, whiskey, and ice.
- Blend well. If it has too much liquid add more ice.
- In a shake glass, drizzle with caramel syrup and chocolate syrup.
- Pour in whiskey peanut butter shake.
- Top with whipped topping, caramel syrup, and chocolate syrup.
- Lighten up this shake by using fat-free or low fat ingredients.
- Top with peanut butter cups, pretzels, crushed peanuts, marshmallows, and more.
- Use other flavors of ice cream to switch up the flavors of this shake. Chocolate and salted caramel ice cream would both be tasty!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1144Total Fat: 78gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 46gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 802mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 8gSugar: 47gProtein: 36g