This simple Mediterranean Feta Bites party appetizer is an easy to make a chilled and satisfying party snack that your guests will devour!
Looking for appetizers for parties that your friends and guests are sure to adore? These adorable handheld feta bites are the perfect option for a deliciously savory party snack. They’re super easy to put together and result in a fun and tasty appetizer.
Combine classic Mediterranean flavors like blocks of feta cheese and basil with refreshing chunks of tomato and cucumber. Feta appetizers come in individual phyllo shells for the perfect amount of light crunch that brings together all of the tasty ingredients of the filling.
Ready in just 15 minutes, whip up a batch of these Feta Tomato bites for your next party – your guests will love them!
Why You’ll Love these Greek Feta Bites
Take yourself on an instant Greek vacation with just one bite of these Mediterranean Feta Bites. These bite-sized savory treats are bursting with vibrant flavors and are the perfect appetizer or snack for any occasion.
Each bite features a delightful combination of creamy feta cheese, juicy cherry tomatoes, refreshing cucumbers, and fragrant herbs, all nestled in a crispy golden phyllo shell.
The Mediterranean-inspired ingredients come together to create a harmonious balance of savory and fresh flavors that will leave you craving for more.
Next time you’re hosting a gathering or if you’re just looking to elevate your regular snacking, these Feta Bites are sure to hit the spot. With their beautiful presentation and irresistible taste, they are bound to be a hit among family and friends!
Ingredients for Feta Bites
- Phyllo Shells – these light and crispy shells serve as the perfect edible container for your Mediterranean blend of delicious ingredients.
- Crumbled Feta Cheese – this classic cheese is often associated with Mediterranean cooking and provides a salty bite.
- Finely Diced Tomato – provides a pop of color and subtly sweet flavor.
- Finely Chopped Cucumber – adds a refreshing element and a satisfying veggie crunch.
- Diced Green Onion – for some oniony bite that won’t overpower your other flavors.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – helps form the base of the dressing.
- Lemon Juice – balances out the other flavors with a citrusy tang.
- Dried Basil – gives your feta bites the slightest hint of spicy, aromatic flavor.
- Dried Dill – pairs well with the basil and lemon juice while contributing a lightly grassy undertone.
- Garlic Powder – the garlic flavor compliments the rest of the ingredients well and helps pull everything together.
- Salt and Pepper – for some base flavor–these can be used to taste.
How to Make Feta Bites
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, and green onion. You can peel the cucumber before chopping if you’d like. Add the feta, tomato, cucumber, and onion to a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to a pinch bowl and stir to combine. Pour the liquid seasoning blend over the other ingredients, and toss to combine.
- Distribute the mixture evenly between the phyllo shells.
How long ahead of time should Mediterranean Feta Bites be made?
You can make the filling a day or two ahead of time, but wait to fill the Phyllo shells until right before serving, so they do not get soggy. The crispy shell is an integral part of why these easy appetizers work so well!
Can I store these Feta Bites in the fridge?
These won’t store well, as leaving the filling inside the shells will cause them to get soggy and floppy. If you do have leftovers and you have to keep them around, I recommend separating the filling from the phyllo shells and storing them separately if possible.
Can I turn this dip into a Baked Mediterranean Feta Dip?
Absolutely! Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F, then combine feta with veggies in an oven safe dish. Top with additional cheese for a melty topping.
Bake on the top rack until the cheese takes on a golden brown color. Then drizzle with the olive oil dressing. Serve with toasted bread, pita chips, veggie sticks, and more!
Can you make this as Baked Mediterranean Feta Bites?
If you want to make this a baked feta recipe, mix together the veggies as instructed but leave off the dressing. Arrange the phyllo cups on a baking sheets and spoon the veggie mixture into each cup.
Bake at 350 degrees F until the feta is slightly browned, then remove and drizzle with dressing. This is a great option for when you want something a little more hearty for the colder months!
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- This could also be served as a kind of Mediterranean twist on salsa! Pair with pita chips, tortilla chips, or your favorite dippers instead of serving in the phyllo shells.
- Looking for some extra flavor? Chop up some Kalamata olives, artichokes, or roasted red peppers to mix into your veggies.
- Instead of phyllo cups, serve these feta bites on top of baked pieces of crusty bread for crostini.
- You can also make your own crispy cups by taking wonton wrappers and pressing them into mini muffin pans, then baking until crunchy.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread – This is a major comfort food appetizer that combines melty cheese with soft bread and yummy garlic for a shareable, tear-able snack that your guests will adore.
- Shrimp Wonton Cups – Packed with hot and bold Cajun flavor, these appetizer bites are perfect for lovers of seafood and classic, comforting Cajun flavors!
- Strawberry Vodka Seltzer– Make your very own hard seltzer with this simle 3-ingredient recipe and save money at the grocery store. Easy to customize and change up with your favorite flavors.
- Mediterranean Vegetable Pie – Can’t get enough of those delicious Mediterranean flavors? Make this delicious pie from The Oven Light for a more filling appetizer, brunch centerpiece, or main course for dinner!
Mediterranean Appetizers Recipe
- 15 Phyllo Shells
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried dill
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, and onion. You can peel the cucumber before chopping if you’d like.
- Add the feta, tomato, cucumber, and onion to a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and spices to a pinch bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the liquid seasoning blend over the other ingredients, and toss to combine.
- Distribute the mixture evenly between the Phyllo Shells.
- Additional ingredients like olives, artichokes, and roasted red peppers can be included for more flavor.
- Make your own cups by baking wonton wrappers in mini muffin tins.
- This appetizer can also be prepared as a dip to be served with pita chips, tortilla chips, and more.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g