This healthy Greek Yogurt Dip takes only 5 ingredients and under 10 minutes to make! Perfect homemade creamy Greek yogurt dip for veggies or potato chips.
Here’s a creamy dip full of fresh herbs and spices that will be a huge hit at your game day party, or on movie night when you’re cuddling on the couch.
You can use non fat Greek yogurt or full fat plain Greek yogurt – either way, this dip won’t last long! Serve alongside fresh cut veggies or potato chips.
And if you have any leftover, just store in the fridge in an airtight container. This dip is perfect alongside a tall frosty glass of Vodka Raspberry Lemonade or this Berry Bad Day Cocktail.
Why You’ll Love this Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip Recipe
Loaded with flavor from seasonings and fresh herbs, this Greek yogurt chip dip is an excellent option for a light but satisfying appetizer.
Perfect to serve with your favorite veggies, chips, or crackers, this recipe can also be used to make a Greek yogurt sauce for sandwiches, burgers, and more. A great alternative to classic ranch dressing.
You are going to love how quick and easy this creamy dip is to make! If you’re in a time crunch, you can buy the fresh veggies already washed and sliced.
Or, just serve with potato chips and crackers and skip the vegetables. Your call!
Easier to make than most veggie dips and sauces, this tasty dip has a rich and creamy texture and the perfect amount of fresh flavor. Here are the five simple ingredients needed to make this quick and easy home made yogurt dip.
However, we’ve added lots of flavor variations and you’ll find those at the bottom of this post.
Easy Greek Yogurt Dip Ingredients
Greek Yogurt and herbs is all you need for this easy dip!
- Greek Yogurt – unlike regular yogurt, Greek yogurt is a bit thicker and creamier while still maintaining that classic slightly sour yogurt flavor.
- Parsley – adds fresh herbal flavor that pairs perfectly with veggies and other dippers.
- Garlic Powder – provides some saltiness and garlic flavor that pairs well with the other flavors.
- Black Pepper – helps brings out the other flavors of this dip
- Onion Powder – gives your yogurt dip a distinctly oniony flavor.
- Parsley – additional parsley can be used for garnish.
- Raw Veggies, Fruit and/or Potato Chips for Dunking
How to Make Yogurt Dip for Chips and Veggies
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, pepper, parsley, garlic and onion powder.
- Combine the ingredients together well, then transfer from the mixing bowl to a pretty serving bowl.
- Surround the bowl of dip with fresh vegetables, fruit slices or potato chips, serve and enjoy! Store leftover yogurt dip in the fridge.
Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh herbs for this Greek Yogurt dip?
Yes you can, however to get the most flavor from this dip, use fresh herbs. You will find the flavor is really enhanced with the fresh parsley. It’s always a better choice to use fresh herbs in your dip recipes.
Are sour cream and Greek yogurt interchangeable when making dip?
You can easily substitute sour cream for the Greek Yogurt; just use a 1 to 1 ratio. So if your dip recipe calls for 2 cups Greek yogurt, use 2 cups of sour cream instead. Or mix half and half.
Greek yogurt is a slightly healthier option than sour cream, but they provide similar textures and flavors.
How long does Greek yogurt dip last?
Left over dip (or if you want to make this easy dip ahead of time) will last for up to three days; be sure to store the dip in an airtight container in the fridge. Stir well before serving.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- You can vary the herbs; consider adding some chopped fresh dill or some fresh chopped green onions.
- Also, a small amount of lemon juice and olive oil added to the dip will add some zingy flavor!
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; smoked sea salt also adds a delicious flavor.
- To really kick it up a notch, use fresh garlic instead of dried! Finely dice one or two cloves of garlic and combine with the other ingredients.
- You could also use this Smoked Himalayan Garlic Salt – yummy!
- Serve with baby carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, or other veggies. You can also pair your Greek yogurt dip with some crackers, potato chips, or pretzel sticks.
- Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip: For that signature ranch flavor, exclude the seasonings in this recipe and instead mix in a packet of ranch dressing mix. You can then supplement with additional seasonings if you’re looking for even more flavor.
More Homemade Dip Recipes You’ll Love
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip – Savory and satisfying, this flavorful dip pairs perfectly with all your favorite dippers!
- French Onion Dip – Use French onion dip mix to quickly put together this fantastic and classic dip that goes so well with potato chips and more.
- Crab Rangoon Dip – Make or buy some crispy wonton crackers to dunk into this delicious seafood dip.
- Million Dollar Dip – You’ll only need 5 ingredients to make this quick appetizer that’s always guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
- Dill Pickle Dip – Pickle lovers must try this tasty dip! Made with a combination of cream cheese, sour cream, pickle juice, and more, it’s easy to make and also comes with delicious bits of bacon.
- Easy Southwest Corn Dip – A new favorite, this corn dip is packed with bold and delicious southwestern inspired flavors and can be served either warm or cold for the perfect appetizer or snack, anytime!
- Homemade Tzatziki – This tasty recipe from Love and Lemons is another Greek yogurt based dip with delicious cucumber and lemon juice that’s perfect as an appetizer or a spread or sauce.
Homemade Yogurt Dip for Veggies
Easy Greek Yogurt Dip
Greek Yogurt dip for veggies and crackers. This easy recipe uses 5 ingredients and is the perfect appetizer for game day!
- 2 Cups Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbs fresh Parsley
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- Parsley (garnish)
- Veggies and/or Fruit for Dunking
- In a mixing bowl, combine yogurt, pepper, fresh parsley, garlic and onion powder.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with more fresh parsley.
- Fill the serving platter with fresh veggies, fruit or potato chips.
- For a flavor variation, use ranch dressing mix instead of the seasoning.
- Serve with carrots, broccoli, peppers, crackers, chips, and more.
- Sour cream can be used instead of Greek yogurt, though the latter will yield a healthier dip.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 3gSugar: 18gProtein: 10g