This easy Broccoli Cheese Dip combines cream cheese, broccoli, cheddar cheese and sour cream. Delicious with tortilla chips and veggie sticks for game day or happy hour!
Want a delicious dip that takes less than 5 minutes to whip up? Then grab a bag of tortilla chips and try this creamy Broccoli Cheese dip recipe that is sure to please.
This Poor Man’s Margarita goes really well along with this dip or try these Blue Lagoon Cocktails!
This recipe is a great way to use up that last bit of fresh broccoli in the fridge! And who doesn’t like the taste of broccoli and cheese together? This dip is great for game day, cocktail hour, or any party or gathering.
Like many dip recipes, this broccoli and cheese dip is so fast to prepare – you will want to use softened cream cheese, so remember to pull it out of the fridge to soften at room temperature for a couple of hours.
This cheesy dip only requires 5 ingredients, which makes it a great option for a last minute appetizer!
Broccoli Cheese Dip Ingredients
- Cream Cheese – with a creamy and rich texture, cream cheese provides the perfect base for this cheesy and rich dip.
- Sour Cream – gives your dip a bit of a sour flavor that pairs perfectly with the ranch and cheddar, as well as adding extra creaminess.
- Ranch Seasoning – a shortcut to getting lots of bold flavors into your dip with little effort!
- Chopped Broccoli – this recipe is a great way to make sure that fresh broccoli in your fridge doesn’t go bad; I recommend using fresh broccoli over frozen, but to save time you can buy the pre-chopped kind that comes in the bag.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – a fantastic combination with broccoli, cheddar cheese also works well with the ranch flavors.
- Tortilla Chips – just one option for serving your dip.
Recipe For Broccoli Cheese Dip
- Place the softened cream cheese, sour cream, broccoli, shredded cheese, and ranch into a large bowl. You may have to chop the broccoli into smaller pieces first.
- Combine and stir gently until well mixed.
- Transfer the creamy cheesy dip to a serving bowl and set on a platter. Arrange tortilla chips and freshly sliced vegetables like celery sticks, carrot sticks and cauliflower florets around the bowl.
- Serve at room temperature. If you like you can make this dip recipe ahead of time and keep in the fridge.
- Either bring to room temperature before serving or serve as a cold broccoli dip!
What should I serve with broccoli and cheese dip?
This dip appetizer is versatile and pairs well with a wide variety of dippers. Tortilla chips are a go-to for us, but you could also serve with pretzels, potato chips, corn chips, crackers, bagel crisps, or chunks of bread.
You can also serve with some fresh veggies like carrots, celery, or even more broccoli!
Is broccoli cheese dip healthy?
Don’t be fooled, just because this dip has broccoli doesn’t mean it’s a health food! Cream cheese, sour cream, and the shredded cheese have a good amount of fat in them.
If you want to lighten things up, buy cream cheese and cheese with lower fat content, and/or replace the sour cream with some Greek yogurt.
This will still achieve much of the same effect in terms of flavor and consistency, but might be a bit better for you!
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Broccoli Cheese Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Kick it up a notch and serve this dip in a bread bowl. Just slice the top off of a loaf of round sourdough bread.
- Remove the center, leaving about 1 inch of shell. Cut the center piece into bite sized pieces.
- Fill the sourdough shell with the cheesy broccoli dip, and use the additional bread pieces for dunking.
- Baked Broccoli Cheese Dip
- This creamy dip can also be baked if you want to serve it warm! Just transfer your combined ingredients into a small oven safe baking dish. Preheat oven to 350. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until bubbly and melty.
- You can use a slow cooker to keep this dip warm. Turn it to low and stir occasionally to make sure everything is nice and melty. Your dip can even be served right from the crock pot!
- Add Color and Flavor to this Easy Dip Recipe
- If you want a little more color, simple add some thinly sliced red pepper. You can also sprinkle the dip with a little garlic powder and add more shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Caramelize some chopped onions and stir them into the dip.
- Love cheese? For even more melty cheesy goodness, add some mozzarella cheese or any cheese of your choice. Pepper jack, Colby jack, or even something like a shredded Mexican cheese blend would all make fantastic additions to your dip!
More Yummy Dip Recipes
- Looking for a really decadent treat? Then you’ll want to try this Crab Rangoon Dip – serve with tortilla chips or toasted wontons alongside.
- This filling Hot Taco Dip with Ground Beef appetizer is a real treat for any gathering.
- This creamy French Onion Soup Mix Dip recipe takes only 3 ingredients and is perfect for dipping vegetables, chips or crackers.
- Greek yogurt, herbs and spices combine to make this perfect homemade creamy Greek Yogurt Dip for dipping veggies or potato chips.
- If you love Feta cheese, you will love this Feta Garlic Dip spread!
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip – This light and sweet dip from My Baking Addiction is perfect to serve with fruit or pieces of cake! Great when you want something sweet to break up the rich and savory flavors of other appetizer dips.
Easy Broccoli and Cheese Dip
Broccoli Cheese Dip
Easy dip that's full of creamy cheesy goodness. Serve with tortilla chips and sliced fresh vegetables.
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 tsp. ranch seasoning mix
- Tortilla chips
- Place the softened cream cheese, sour cream, broccoli, shredded cheese & ranch into a mixing bowl.
- Mix well until combined.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl.
- Set bowl on a platter and surround with tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 133mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g