These simple and crisp Crown Apple Cider Shooters are the perfect drink for the fall season!
When you’re craving something a little sweet and autumnal, these super easy shooters are just the thing. Only a few ingredients stand between you and a fun boozy treat! These apple shooters featuring Crown Royal apple whiskey are ideal for fall parties and gatherings.
Just like our Crown Royal Peach Shooters, this drink recipe is fast and simple to make and so much fun to serve and enjoy!
Why You’ll Love these Shots With Crown Apple
Loaded with fresh and crisp apple flavor, these shooters are excellent accompaniments to any fall celebrations. Sweet apple cider is paired with the warm spiced flavors of regal apple flavored Crown Royal for a boozy and tart apple shot.
Garnish with some green apple slices and your shooters might as well be healthy!
Best of all, you only need 3 simple ingredients to put this whisky cocktail together. Prep is beyond easy and takes only 2 minutes, so these apple shooters are perfect when you need to prepare something at the last minute to bring along to a potluck or to serve while watching the game. Crown Apple Cider Shooters will easily become a new fall favorite!
Crown Apple Shots Ingredients
- Crown Royal Regal Apple Whisky – this flavor of Crown Royal balances sweet and rich caramel with light, warm spices and sharp apple flavor.
- Apple Cider – Musselmans Apple Cider is a delicious and reliable apple cider, but there are lots of brands that make great cider. You could even make your own cider!
- Apple Slices – for garnish; green apple is great for the sweet/sour combination, as well as the beautiful green color.
How to Make Crown Royal Apple Shots
- Fill a shot glass half way with Crown Royal Apple. I love these beautiful square shot glasses at Pier 1 – so classy! Top off with apple cider.
- Create an apple fan with apple slices and a tooth pic. Here’s where to grab these pretty beaded toothpicks. Serve and enjoy!
Can I make these into a Crown Apple Jello Shot?
Yes! Crown Apple is a great option for making jello shots if you want to do something a bit different than these shooters. Jello shots would also be a great secondary option to serve alongside your apple shooters.
Check out this post on Crown Apple Jello Shots to learn how to make tasty apple jello shots!
How many calories are in a shot of Crown Apple?
1 shot of Crown Apple contains about 82 calories, as well as 10 grams of alcohol. Crown Apple also has a slightly higher sugar count than regular Crown Royal whisky due to the apple flavors.
What is the smallest size of Crown Apple?
The smallest bottle of Crown Apple available is the 50 mL bottle, which is the size shown in our pictures here. If you don’t want to commit to a large bottle, this is your best option!
If you do want a larger bottle, Crown Royal is also sold in sizes from 200 mL, 375 mL, 750 mL, and all the way up to 1 L and even 1.75 L.
What mixes well with Crown Royal Apple?
Since this is a high quality whisky with a subtle apple flavor, Crown Apple mixes well with a wide variety of fruit juices. Try it with lemonade, pineapple juice, pomegranate juice, and of course apple juice or apple cider.
You can also mix it with sodas; lemon-lime soda, ginger ale, and any kind of cola are good options. You can even combine it with Fireball! The cinnamon and apple flavors are a great pairing. There are lots of options for Crown Royal Apple drinks recipes!
What is a Washington Apple Shot?
This shot is a combination of classic Crown Royal, Sour Apple Schnapps, and cranberry juice. If you’re looking for another shooter to pair with your Crown Apple Shooters, this is a great option. It’ll offer some color contrast as well as variety in flavor.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For an additional garnish, place a piece of cinnamon stick in each shooter. (Just be sure to remove them before taking the shots!)
- Make this a caramel apple shooter by drizzling some caramel sauce on the inside of the shot glass before pouring the whisky and cider.
- This can be made into a cocktail as well, though you may want to adjust the proportions so you’re not using as much whiskey. Some ginger ale or even club soda may also be a good third ingredient so you’re not drinking so much sugary apple cider.
- If you do make this as a cocktail as opposed to a shot, rim the glass with some caramel sauce to channel the flavor of caramel apples!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Crown Apple Cranberry Ginger Ale Cocktail – Mix the flavors of apple and cranberry with light and bubbly ginger ale for this festive and sweet cocktail that’s perfect to serve around the holidays!
- Butterscotch Schnapps Apple Cocktail – Another apple flavored cocktail that has the sweet and rich flavor of butterscotch with cinnamon.
- Baked Italian Sausage Baguette – A comforting finger food with sausage, onions, and peppers. Filling and so tasty!
- Cranberry Brie Bites – This appetizer combines sweet and tart cranberry sauce with smooth and creamy brie for a handheld treat.
- Spinach Feta Quiche – A flavorful dish that’s great to serve as a hearty appetizer or an accompaniment to any breakfast or brunch.
- Crown Royal Apple Pie Minis – If you’re looking for a great way to use more Crown Apple, make these individual pies from Dine Dream Discover featuring a boozy and delicious apple filling!
Crown Royal Apple Cocktail Shooters
- Crown Royal Regal Apple Whisky
- Apple Cider
- Apple Slices (garnish)
- Fill a shot glass half way with Crown Royal Apple Whisky.
- Top off with apple cider.
- Create a apple fan with apple slices and a tooth pick.
- For additional garnish, use cinnamon sticks or drizzle some caramel sauce on the inside of the shot glasses before making your shooters.
- Any kind of apple can be sued for the garnish, but I like green apples for the balance of sweet and sour they bring.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 7gSugar: 54gProtein: 1g