For a chilled and refreshing autumnal cocktail, break out your blender and whip up a batch of Caramel Vodka Apple Cider Slush!
Featuring the comforting flavors of apple cider and caramel vodka, this is the perfect cocktail for those fall days when the sun is shining and the weather isn’t too cold yet.
With simple steps and only a few ingredients, you can easily create this fall-flavored slushy that has just the right amount of boozy kick.
This adult treat is bursting with crisp apple flavor paired with caramel infused vodka. The brown sugar rim and optional garnishes will take it to the next level.
Elevate your cocktail game this autumn with these deceptively easy caramel vodka drinks that are sure to be a massive hit with any crowd!
And if you love cocktails like this but want something more appropriate for the spring and summer, try this Peach Schnapps Slush as well.
Why You’ll Love these Caramel Vodka Apple Cider Slushies
If you haven’t tried freezing apple cider and adding a splash of sweet, caramel flavored vodka, stop what you’re doing and get your blender out!
These unique cocktails are excellent for fall and winter, but could also be enjoyed as frozen treats any time of year.
Combine just 2 main ingredients with ice cubes and some optional garnishes for a delicious cocktail that channels the crisp chill of fall.
With the option to serve this as a regular cocktail over ice or even a hot drink, you’ll love the combination of nostalgic apple and caramel that will transport you to the state fair and fall festivities!
Ingredients for Caramel Vodka Slush
- Ice Cubes – give this cocktail recipe its signature slushy consistency.
- Apple Cider – for a base that’s bursting with fresh, crisp apple flavor.
- Caramel Flavored Vodka – Smirnoff caramel vodka works great here, but any brand that makes a caramel infused vodka will be great for these caramel vodka drinks.
- Brown Sugar – for a sweet and complex garnish on the rim of each glass, perfect to pair with the caramel, apple, and cinnamon flavors.
- Corn Syrup – helps the brown sugar adhere to the glass.
- Garnishes – fresh apple slices, dried cinnamon sticks, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Helpful Tools and Supplies
- Blender or Food Processor – Blends up the ice with the other ingredients to create a delicious and boozy slushie drink.
- Plates, Saucers, or Shallow Bowls – Will make garnishing the rims of the glasses much easier.
How to Make Caramel Apple Slush
- Take two saucers. To one, add ¼ cup brown sugar, to the other add 4 tablespoons of corn syrup. Dip the rim of the glass into the corn syrup, followed by the brown sugar.
- Add ice to a blender. If you like, add some small apple pieces before adding apple cider, followed by the caramel vodka. Blend until the mixture reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour into the glasses adorned with the brown sugar rim. Top with a fresh apple slice, cinnamon stick, or other garnishes. Serve with a side of Caramel Chocolate Pretzels for a sweet and salty snack!
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- For additional garnish, drizzle some of this caramel sauce inside the glass before adding the slush. You can also top with a dollop of whipped cream or whipped topping and an additional drizzle of caramel.
- Bring out the flavor of this cocktail by adding cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, or allspice. Another great option is some pumpkin pie spice, which will bring lots of festive autumnal flavor.
- If you’re unable to find caramel vodka, use regular vodka (or a flavor like vanilla or whipped vodka) and add some caramel sauce to the blender.
- Another option would be a DIY Caramel Vodka, which is easy to do and only requires 2 ingredients!
- More garnish ideas: chunks or slices of fresh apple, cinnamon sticks or ground cinnamon, orange peel.
- Mix the brown sugar with cinnamon for extra warmth and flavor on the rim of your glasses.
- The consistency of this drink largely relies on the amount of ice. If you find it’s too thin, add more ice and continue to blend. Start with less ice if you prefer a thinner texture.
- Because it’s frozen, this cocktail is best enjoyed immediately.
- A good way to make this drink a bit healthier is to omit the corn syrup. Instead, use a slice of fresh apple to wet the rims of your glasses, then dip in the brown sugar.
- This cocktail can be made as a hot drink, as well as a normal cocktail over ice. For the hot drink, simply heat some apple cider in a saucepan, then ladle into pretty glass double walled mugs with caramel vodka. Or, just pour the cider and vodka into a glass over ice.
- Make this cocktail in large quantities and serve as needed. Keep the pitcher in the fridge or freezer to keep it cold and avoid the ice completely melting.
Do I have to make this caramel apple cider cocktail as a slushie?
No, you can also combine the ingredient in a glass with ice cubes and give it a good stir! Another option would be to heat up your apple cider first, then add the caramel vodka and enjoy as a hot and comforting beverage during the fall or winter.
You could also use any leftover apple cider for these Crown Apple Cider Shooters.
What to mix with caramel vodka?
For other caramel vodka recipes, you could simply combine the vodka with apple cider or apple juice. This would work as both a cold or hot drink.
Add caramel flavored vodka to hot chocolate or coffee for a bit of sweet flavor and a boozy twist, or combine with sparkling water, orange juice, or even ginger ale.
You could also combine it with a creamy liqueur like RumChata or something like Kahlua for a unique and complex cocktail.
Caramel Vodka Apple Cider Slush
- 4 oz. apple cider
- 2 oz. caramel vodka
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. Corn syrup
- Fresh apple slices, dried cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- Take two saucers.
- To one, add ¼ cup brown sugar, to the other add 4 tbsp. Corn syrup.
- Dip the rim of your glass into the corn syrup, followed by the brown sugar.
- Add ice to your glass.
- Add 4 oz. apple cider, followed by 2 oz. caramel vodka.
- Garnish with fresh apple slices and dried cinnamon sticks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 642Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 138gFiber: 5gSugar: 128gProtein: 1g