This Butterscotch Schnapps Apple Cocktail is perfect for a cool day! It conjures the classic flavor of caramel apples and will take your fall cocktail menu to the next level!
Here’s an easy late afternoon drink for early Fall. Perfect for your cocktail hour visits with girlfriends! Enjoy a get together for drinks and appetizers and serve these apple cocktails.
Why You’ll Love Your Butterscotch Schnapps Apple Cocktail
This recipe is made with apple juice, but if you like you could use apple cider or even a spiced rum to ramp it up. With a bit of caramel syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon, you can elevate these cocktails into drinks that will impress any guest!
You’ll love the classic combination of autumnal ingredients. This apple cocktail has become a favorite Fall drink for a cool afternoon.
This cocktail is perfect for a nostalgic sip during the holidays, sitting by the fire with your loved ones. Or just enjoy one on your own for a special treat that you won’t be able to get enough of!
Looking for a classy delicious dessert to serve alongside? Try these incredible Spiced Poached Pears – poached in red wine, they are so flavorful!
Butterscotch Apple Drink Ingredients
Makes: 1 Cocktail
Prep: 5 Minutes
(For a non-alcoholic version, replace the butterscotch liqueur with this butterscotch syrup.)
- 1/4 honey crisp apple – you’ll want to slice this, either with a knife or an apple slicer.
- 1 oz Schnapps butterscotch liqueur – pairs perfectly with the apple flavor to make a sweet and unique drink!
- apple juice – you could also use apple cider for a drink with even more autumnal flavor.
- cinnamon sticks – for garnish.
- cinnamon – for topping.
- Slice the apple into thin slices. I love using one of these sturdy apple slicers – they both core and slice.
- And the eight slices are just the right size for adding one or two to your cocktail glass.
- In your glass, first add a few ice cubes. Pour 1 oz butterscotch liqueur over the ice. Add a couple of apples slices to each glass.
- Pour apple juice over the ice and liqueur, then top with a little sprinkle of cinnamon. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
We love using these double walled cocktail glasses! Insulated to keep hot drinks hot and cool drinks cool – perfect for your guests! They come in a set of 2 or 4; I’ve ordered 2 sets of 4 so we have enough on hand for a larger group of friends.
Extremely handy and safe for the microwave, the dishwasher, the freezer, and even the oven, these glasses are so versatile and great for your kitchen!
What alcohol goes best with apples?
- A great way to make a simple cocktail for the fall months is to mix apple juice or apple cider with some alcohol. Whiskey and rum are both great options for nice warm, spicy drinks, but you can also mix apple cider with some beer to make an autumnal shandy.
How do you use apples in cocktails?
- For these caramel apple cocktails, garnishing with apple slices or diced apple is a great way to incorporate some of the actual fruit into the drink beyond the apple juice. Fruit is a fantastic ingredient to add to any cocktail for some natural sweetness. For instance, if you love peaches, you’ll definitely want to try these Crown Royal Peach Shooters. Experiment with all your favorite fresh fruits!
What kind of alcohol is butterscotch schnapps?
- Schnapps is a type of liqueur, and the butterscotch flavor in this particular variety comes from a blend of the flavors of butter and brown sugar.
- Skip the ice and used diced apple instead of slices, along with a cinnamon stick for stirring!
- Drizzle your drink with a bit of caramel syrup or butterscotch syrup for added sweetness.
- Try making this with a sour apple like a Granny Smith or a Pink Lady for a slightly different flavor profile.
- Instead of apple juice, use apple cider or even some spiced rum for variety.
- To make this more of a caramel apple martini, add a splash of gin.
Make this tasty Butterscotch Schnapps Apple Cocktail and enjoy a sip of Fall!
Before moving on to the recipe, a delicious appie to have with this cocktail is this Pumpkin Spice Popcorn! Easy to make and perfect to serve alongside other savory appetizers.
The flavors of apple and pumpkin spice go so well together and you’ll really love enjoying these cocktails alongside some delicious homemade popcorn.
Caramel Apple Cocktail Recipe
If you enjoy this recipe for caramel apple cocktails, please be sure to rate it 5 stars below! And print this off or save it to your recipes folder!
- ice cubes
- 1/4 honey crisp apple; sliced
- 1 ounce Butterscotch Schnapps liqueur
- apple juice
- cinnamon sticks for garnish
- cinnamon for topping
- In a glass, add ice and 1 oz butterscotch liquer.
- Slice the apple into thin slices. Add a few slices to the drink.
- Pour in apple juice and top with a little sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 62gFiber: 4gSugar: 51gProtein: 1g