These elegant Cranberry Brie Bites are the perfect sweet and savory appetizer for any holiday party or gathering!
You’ll love the balance of sweet and tart cranberries with sharp and flavorful brie. These handheld bite-size cranberry brie appetizers are perfect to serve for fall parties and gatherings or even as a side dish at holiday meals.
Pair them with a Berry Bad Day Cocktail for a sophisticated harmony of berry flavors!
Why You’ll Love Brie and Cranberry Bites
With only 4 ingredients but delicious and impressive results, this recipe is a must-try appetizer for fall and winter.
Combine sweet, tart cranberry sauce with creamy baked brie cheese in a crunchy shell. Top with fragrant rosemary for a pungent and festive addition.
These appetizers are a great way to ensure that no leftover homemade cranberry sauce goes to waste after Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Serve this elegant and beautiful dish any time of year for a classy and tasty appetizer your guests won’t be able to get enough of! All you need is 15 minutes start to finish to prepare this yummy appetizer.
Brie Cranberry Bites Ingredients
- Cranberry Sauce – whether you’re using canned or homemade, cranberry sauce gives your appetizer a distinctly autumnal flavor that you’ll adore!
- Mini Phyllo Pastry Shells – these ready to use pastry shells get nice and golden brown when baked and make for super easy prep.
- Brie – rice and buttery cheese pairs perfectly with the tart cranberries.
- Fresh Sprigs of Rosemary – provide a pop of color and festive fragrance.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange phyllo shells on a baking sheet or in the cups of a mini muffin tin.
- Cut the brie into 1/2 inch pieces and place each piece into a phyllo shell.
- Top with a 1/2 teaspoon of cranberry sauce.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the brie has melted.
- Remove the mini muffin pan from the oven and immediately garnish brie bites with a piece of rosemary. Serve while warm.
Can cranberry brie bites be made ahead?
Absolutely. Prepare everything and store the brie bites in the fridge for up to a few days until it’s time to pop them in the oven and bake.
Can cranberry brie bites be frozen?
This appetizer can also be frozen, either before or after cooking. From frozen, you may have to add a few minutes to account for the temperature difference, or you could allow them to come up to room temperature if you have the time.
Should you cut off the rind before baking brie?
You don’t have to remove the rind from your brie before baking! Once cooked you may not even notice it’s there, and it’s completely edible.
Can you reheat brie cranberry bites?
Yes, just put them back into the muffin cups or on a baking sheet and tent with some foil, then bake at 350 until heated through. You may also be able to microwave them, but be aware that they might not be quite as crispy if reheated this way.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- If you want a softer shell, take some crescent roll dough and cut it into 20-24 squares. You’ll still probably want to use a mini muffin tin to ensure that the dough holds some kind of shape when baked.
- Other cheese can be used instead of brie. Try this appetizer with Camembert or goat cheese for similar tasty results!
- These can be made into sausage cranberry brie bites by adding some cooked sausage to the cups before baking.
- To make the phyllo cups extra crispy, spray them with a very small amount of cooking spray.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Cranberry Vodka Spritzer – Perfect for holiday entertaining, the cranberry flavor of this cocktail would pair well with this brie appetizer.
- Spiced Wine Poached Pears – Beautiful and full of warm flavors, these poached pears are stylish and classy and ideal for the holidays.
- Baked Camembert – With walnuts and honey, this baked Camembert dish tastes great with crackers, bread, and more!
- Crown Royal Cranberry Apple Ginger Ale – Another sweet and bubbly cranberry cocktail that you’ll love sipping during the cooler months.
- Cranberry Apple Mimosas – These mimosas are excellent for holiday brunches or any special occasions.
- Spinach Feta Quiche – A hearty and flavorful appetizer that can even be served as a main course with lots of yummy sides.
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce – Sugar Spun Run has a fantastic recipe for homemade cranberry sauce, great for all of your holiday needs and excellent in this appetizer!
Brie and Cranberry Bites Recipe
Cranberry Brie Bites
You'll love the elegant balance of rich and creamy brie with tart and sweet cranberry sauce, all nestled in a crispy and golden phyllo shell.
- 7oz Whole Cranberries with sauce (half can)
- 4oz Brie (half Wheel)
- Mini Phyllo Pastry Shells
- Fresh Rosemary
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the Brie into 1/2 inch pieces and place each piece into a phyllo shell.
- Top with a 1/2 teaspoon of cranberries.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until the Brie has melted.
- Garnish with a piece of rosemary.
- Serve while warm.
- Add some cooked sausage for extra flavor and additional protein.
- Use Camembert or goat cheese as a substitution for brie.
- These brie bites can also be made using crescent roll dough for a softer and more tender cup. Just arrange squares of the dough in muffin tins and bake as instructed with the cranberry sauce and brie.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g