White Chocolate Bark featuring coffee beans is the perfect pick-me-up for an energy boosting sweet treat!
This easy recipe yields a sweet and flavorful chocolate bark with a distinct coffee flavor and chunks of crunchy coffee beans. The combination of white and semi-sweet chocolate makes for a delicate and sweet flavor profile that’s enhanced by instant coffee.
Serve your homemade bark along with some White Chocolate Rum Truffles for a delicious treat spread!
Why You’ll Love this White Chocolate Coffee Bark
With only 4 ingredients needed, it doesn’t get much easier than this white chocolate bark recipe!
Using both white chocolate and semi-sweet ensures that your bark has the perfect balance of sweet and bitter. Delicate and fragrant notes of coffee come through from instant ground coffee and crunchy coffee beans.
This homemade chocolate bark is easy to make and is a great homemade gift for any birthday or the holidays!
It’s customizable to your own taste and this post also includes variations and additions that can take your bark to the next level. Enjoy this fantastic and easy to make chocolate coffee bark!
White Chocolate Coffee Bean Bark Ingredients
- semi sweet chocolate chips – provide a good base for the bark and a good balance of sweet and bitter cocoa flavors.
- instant ground coffee – mixed with the semi-sweet chocolate, coffee will deepen the cocoa flavor.
- coffee beans, chopped – add a crunch and a beautiful brown contrast against the white chocolate.
- white chocolate chips – sweet and easy to work with, white chocolate is a great way to bring in some sweetness to balance out the coffee flavors.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, add the semi sweet chocolate chips and the instant coffee. Melt chocolate chips and instant coffee in microwave until smooth.
- Stir in ⅓ cup chopped coffee beans to the melted chocolate.
- Spread onto lined baking sheet. Cool in refrigerator until set.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave until smooth. Stir in remaining ⅓ cup chopped coffee beans. Spread over set chocolate layer.
- Cool again until set, then break into pieces before serving.
Is almond bark the same as white chocolate?
No, they’re not quite the same! Almond bark is a type of confectionary coating made with vegetable fats with some added flavors and colorings, whereas white chocolate has cocoa butter, dairy, sugar, and vanilla.
What is the best way to melt white chocolate?
Melting chocolate can be done easily in the microwave with an appropriate bowl. Be sure to melt in stages and stir in between; the chocolate will continue to melt in between. If you heat it for too long, it can seize up or burn.
You can also melt chocolate using a double boiler, which is essentially a bowl placed on top of a pot of boiling water. This may take a bit longer, but the likelihood of burning or seizing the chocolate is much less.
To stabilize melting chocolate, you can add some coconut oil. This will also give the chocolate a nice sheen when hardened.
How long does homemade white chocolate bark last?
If you store in an airtight container at room temperature, your bark should last 5 days. You can also store it in the fridge and it will last even longer, up to 3 weeks. You may also be able to keep in in the freezer and keep it for months at a time.
Do you need to temper chocolate for bark?
No, not necessarily. If you want to devote more time to this treat, tempering your chocolate is a great way to make the chocolate stable, and when tempered it will harden at room temperature.
This also gives it an elegant and glossy finish and helps prevent it from melting on your fingers. Check out this guide for more info on tempering chocolate!
Popular Chocolate Bark Variations and Substitutions
- You can easily omit either the semi-sweet or the white chocolate if you prefer to make a thinner, one-layer chocolate bark.
- For an even more intense flavor, use dark chocolate for the bottom layer.
- Add chopped peppermint candies (or crushed candy canes) and grated chocolate to the top by gently pressing into the still melty white chocolate.
- If you prefer, you can use melting wafers instead of chocolate chips. These are typically a bit easier to work with and more stable when melting, but they won’t have exactly the same taste as better quality chocolate chips.
- Some other fun toppings: crushed up cookies, marshmallows, a drizzle of melted peanut butter, or a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Use festive sprinkles to customize this bark to just about any holiday!
- Add assortment of dried fruits and chopped nuts as a topping.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn – Another chocolatey treat that’s perfect for the holidays, this popcorn is sweet and salty and so delicious!
- Maple Spice Popcorn – This popcorn treat is ideally suited for the fall months and is so easy to make.
- Royal Flush Cocktail – A sweet whiskey cocktail that’s fantastic to serve for game night or any gambling themed event.
- Dill Pickle Dip – Savory and salty, this comforting dip is topped with bacon for maximum flavor!
- Homemade Coffee Ice Cream – Baked by an Introvert has a fantastic recipe for any lovers of both coffee and sweets.
Homemade Chocolate Bark with Coffee
White Chocolate Bark with Coffee Beans
This homemade chocolate bark with coffee is a sweet and energizing treat that's great for the holidays as a homemade gift!
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons instant ground coffee
- ⅔ cup coffee beans, chopped
- 1 - 10/12oz bag white chocolate chips
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and instant coffee in microwave until smooth.
- Stir in ⅓ cup chopped coffee beans.
- Spread mixture onto lined baking sheet .
- Cool in refrigerator until set.
- Melt white chocolate chips in microwave until smooth.
- Stir in remaining ⅓ cup chopped coffee beans.
- Spread over set chocolate layer.
- Cool again until set.
- Break into pieces and serve.
- Additional toppings ideas: chopped nuts, dried fruit, crushed cookies, peppermint candies, chocolate shavings, sprinkles.
- Feel free to temper your chocolate to stabilize it and avoid melting against fingers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g