This Peppermint White Russian cocktail is delicious and it looks so pretty! A perfect wintry cocktail to enjoy during the holidays or anytime during winter!
Why You’ll Love Peppermint White Russian Cocktails
Hosting a Christmas party and looking for the perfect cocktail to serve? This Peppermint White Russian cocktail recipe fits the bill – easy to make and they look gorgeous and festive!
This recipe makes 1 serving but it’s easy to double or triple this, mix it in a large pitcher and then serve in pretty cocktail glasses.
If you’re looking for a tasty treat to go along with these cocktails, try this Crab Dip – whip up a batch in minutes. And if you’re looking for a holiday drink that’s a bit on the lighter side, try these Cranberry Vodka Spritzers!
- Kahlua coffee liqueur – one of the classic ingredients for White Russian cocktails.
- Vodka – gives your cocktails a little bit of extra bite, and is also customary for a White Russian.
- Peppermint schnapps – adds some sweet minty flavor.
- Half and half cream – gives your cocktails their signature creaminess.
- Ice – keeps your cocktail nice and cold.
- Corn Syrup for garnish – helps the crushed candy canes adhere to the glass.
- Crushed candy canes or crushed peppermint candies – these will serve as a garnish on the rim of your glass.
- Mini candy canes – you can also use whole mini candy canes as a fun garnish.
- Pumpkin pie spice – also optional for some extra warmth and flavor.
How to Make Peppermint White Russians
- Let’s start by getting the glassware ready by decorating the rim.
- Into a saucer, pour 4-5 tablespoons of corn syrup. Into another saucer, place crushed candy canes or peppermints. Here’s where you can find already crushed peppermint candies.
- If you can’t get any crushed candy canes, you can crush peppermints or candy canes using a rolling pin. It’s not a fun job especially when you have guests in your home, so you will want to get this done ahead of time. Put the candy canes or peppermints into a Ziplock bag to keep them more contained while you’re crushing them.
- Dip the rim of the glass into the corn syrup, followed by the crushed candies. Remove the cocktail glass, turn it upright and you’re ready to start mixing this festive holiday drink!
- Now, fill with ice about halfway. After you add ice, pour in vodka and peppermint schnapps, half and half, and Kahlua and stir well. You can use heavy cream in place of the half and half, if you like.
- Sprinkle with just a light dusting of pumpkin pie spice if you like.
- Add a touch of whimsy by adding a miniature candy cane or a peppermint stick, then serve.
Can I make White Russians in a cocktail shaker?
Instead of making your White Russian in a glass, you can also use a cocktail shaker to mix the drink ingredients together, then pour into rimmed cocktail glasses.
Can I make White Russians in a big batch recipe?
You can easily make this in a large pitcher to enjoy with a group of friends. You can find exact measurements for a big batch White Russian recipe here.
How do you make a White Russian not curdle?
If your White Russian curdles, it is likely because you are using a type of low fat milk or cream.
What to Serve with Peppermint White Russian Cocktails
- Pumpkin Spice Popcorn – Great to capture the flavors of fall and winter, this easy popcorn is an excellent snack to munch on while enjoying drinks with company!
- Garlic and Chive Stuffed Mushrooms – This keto recipe is warm and savory and perfect as an appetizer to serve alongside a chilled drink.
- Spiced Red Wine Poached Pears – For an elegant side to serve with your cocktails, try these beautiful and deceptively easy poached pears!
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- To make this cocktail a Black Russian instead, simply omit the half and half.
- If you can’t find Peppermint Schnapps, try a peppermint flavored vodka instead.
- Another flavored vodka like chocolate or vanilla would also make a sweet addition to this tasty cocktail!
- For a lighter version of this Pepermint White Russian cocktail, use milk instead of half and half. This will reduce the calories and fat but make the drink thinner, so be aware that cream is important to keep the decadent, creamy texture.
Peppermint White Russian Recipe
If you enjoy this drink, please be sure to rate it 5 stars below! And print this off or save it to your recipes folder!
- 1 oz. Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
- 2 oz. half and half cream
- Ice Cubes
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
- Corn Syrup (for garnish)
- Crushed red Peppermints or Candy Canes
- Miniature Candy Canes
1. Pour 3-4 tbsp. corn syrup into a saucer, and crushed peppermints or crushed candy canes to another saucer.
2. Dip the rim of the glass into the corn syrup, followed by the crushed candies.
3. Fill your decorated glass about halfway with ice.
4. Add the vodka, peppermint schnapps, half and half, and Kahlua.
5. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top.
6. Add a mini candy cane to each glass and serve.
- Omit the half and half for a Black Russian cocktail.
- Peppermit vodka can be used instead of Peppermint Schnapps.
- Try this cocktail with other flavors of vodka like chocolate or vanilla for other flavor combinations.
- Using milk instead of half and half will make for a lighter cocktail, but also a thinner one.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 645Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 1gSugar: 69gProtein: 2g