This Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn is a one of our favorite quick and easy holiday treats!
Got a sweet tooth and looking for a holiday snack? Here’s a chocolate mint popcorn recipe that’s quick to make and sure to please.
This one is easy to make a couple of hours before cocktail hour as you will want this to cool before serving.
You can vary this recipe up in so many combinations and I’ve got some listed below, but maybe you’ll come up with your own special twist!
And since you can change things up so easily, you’ll be able to make this at any time of the year; just add more seasonal ingredients. This popcorn pairs nicely with our Whiskey Champagne cocktail.
This recipe only needs 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes to make. Let’s get started.
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn Ingredients:
1 package microwave popcorn, popped
2 oz Ghirardelli chocolate, melted
2/3 cup crushed peppermint pieces
Pop popcorn and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. You can also used waxed paper.
Melt chocolate in microwave with a small amount of coconut oil, stir until smooth. This Ghirardelli melting chocolate is fantastic to use in this recipe.
You can use chocolate chips instead if you don’t have baking chocolate pieces. Then drizzle the warm chocolate over the popcorn.
Immediately sprinkle the crushed peppermint over chocolate. Do it right away so the peppermint pieces will stick to the chocolate.
You can also melt candy slowly in the microwave and then drizzle onto the popcorn.
Let chocolate set then break into pieces. Serve at room temperature and enjoy this decadent snack!
Store extra in an airtight container but try to eat it in a day or two!
Can I use white chocolate instead of dark chocolate?
Yes, you can absolutely make white chocolate peppermint popcorn instead of dark chocolate! And it will taste fabulous, just like this does.
Where to buy Peppermint Popcorn?
As much as I would LOVE you to try this quick appie, maybe you just want to skip the work and open a bag. OK, here you go – premade Peppermint Popcorn.
- Add Christmas sprinkles for an even prettier bowl of popcorn.
- If you love caramel, replace the chocolate with melted caramel. Or use both for extra sweetness!
- Add salt if you want your popcorn to be both salty and sweet!
- Add some walnut or pecan pieces for some extra crunchy goodness.
- Use crushed candy canes instead of (or in addition to) the peppermints.
- Melt and drizzle a small amount of coconut oil along with the chocolate.
Looking for more unique popcorn recipes? Here’s our Pumpkin Pie Spice Popcorn – perfect for a cool afternoon.
A more substantial appetizer is this scrumptious and beautiful Cheese Ball shaped like pine cones!
Try these Peach Shooters as a late afternoon cocktail treat.
Check here for more holiday cocktail recipes.
This Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn makes a tasty snack for cocktail hour!
- 1 package popped microwave popcorn
- 2 oz Ghirardelli chocolate, melted
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint pieces
- Pop popcorn and pour on parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Melt chocolate in microwave slowly and stir until smooth
- Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn while warm
- Sprinkle crushed peppermint over chocolate
- Leave chocolate to set for about an hour.
- Break into smaller pieces.
- Serve at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 85mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g