This quick and easy Blooming Quesadilla Ring recipe is a flavorful and filling appetizer with a fun presentation that guests will love!
Stuffed with bold and savory ingredients, this hearty and fun quesadilla ring is a great handheld appetizer to serve for game day, at parties, or even as a main course.
Pair with dipping sauces and toppings and let your family and friends customize to their content. Serve this fun appetizer with a delicious Pineapple Screwdriver for happy hour!
Why You’ll Love this Blooming Quesadilla Ring Appetizer
With adorable tortilla rolls stuffed with all of your favorite ingredients, this is an ideal appetizer to serve for quick and tasty finger food! Make these mini quesadillas for a party, happy hour, picnic, or just a fun snack.
You can easily customize this dish to your taste and fill it with whatever quesadilla fillings work best for you. Best of all, you can easily add more layers to the ring to make an appetizer that will serve a larger crowd.
Add this blooming quesadilla ring to your appetizer repertoire and become everybody’s favorite host!
Blooming Chicken Quesadilla Ring Ingredients
- Tortillas – something medium sized works best for this appetizer.
- Onion – sweet and with a slight bite, onion is a classic quesadilla ingredient.
- Red Onion – provides some nice color contrast and a good sharp flavor.
- Chicken Breast – adds some protein and makes these mini quesadillas super filling!
- Sweet Yellow Pepper – gives your appetizer a bit of extra sweetness and yummy pepper flavor.
- Cilantro – for garnish.
- Taco Sauce – an easy way to quickly pack in lots of flavor.
- Salsa – use whatever heat level works best for you.
- Cheese – cheddar and Monterey jack are both great choices.
- Prepare your ingredients – dice the chicken and vegetables, and grate the cheese.
- Cut each tortilla in half, then cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the chicken, pepper, onions, salsa and taco sauce, and mix together well until everything is well incorporated.
- On each tortilla half, spoon some of the chicken mixture. Add some shredded cheese to top, then roll the tortillas into cone shapes with the cut edge as the inside.
- Place each onto a oven proof baking dish. You can even line a baking sheet with parchment paper to make cleanup easier. It is helpful to arrange the edges of the tortillas against the mouth of a jar or a glass. A mason jar or wide mouth jar are good choices! The narrow end of the cone should be against the jar.
- Create a ring around the jar from the center. Repeat until all the tortillas are placed around the jar. Sprinkle the rest of the cheddar evenly on the tortillas.
- At 350 degrees, bake until the cheese is melted. This should take about 10 minutes. Then remove from oven to cool slightly before serving.
Can you make a blooming quesadilla ring ahead of time?
Yes! Roll the tortillas ahead of time and even arrange them in their ring, then keep in the freezer until it’s time to serve. Then pop in the oven until everything is heated through and the cheese is melty. It may take a bit longer than 10 minutes if you’re cooking from frozen.
What kind of white cheese is used in quesadillas?
Many traditional quesadillas use a cheese called Oaxaca, which is somewhat similar to mozzarella. It has a mild and creamy texture and melts easily, which makes it great for quesadillas.
If you prefer something on the sharper side, try cheddar cheese, Monterey jack, or pepper jack.
Which tortillas are best for quesadillas?
While corn tortillas are preferable to many for tacos, when it comes to folding and rolling tortillas, you’ll want the flexibility and pliability of flour tortillas. The size you use isn’t as important, but be sure they’re flour tortillas.
It can be helpful to microwave or otherwise heat the tortillas slightly before rolling the quesadilla cones. Slice your tortillas, wrap them in foil, and place them in the oven while you’re preparing the other ingredients so they’re nice and malleable.
How do you get quesadillas to stick together?
This is all in the distribution of cheese. Sprinkle cheese underneath and on top of the filling. This way, when it melts, all of the inside of the tortilla will have something to stick to!
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- If you like a bit of extra kick, use jalapeno and taco sauce that has some extra heat to it.
- For dipping ideas, serve with sour cream, additional salsa, or chipotle ranch dipping sauce.
- Add ingredients like mushrooms, guacamole, rice, or beans to make this quesadilla rolls even more filling and substantial!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Malibu Watermelon with Sparkling Ice – This sweet and refreshing cocktail is the perfect way to cool off!
- Royal Flush Cocktail – Serve this fruity whiskey cocktail at game nights or any gambling themed events for some extra luck.
- Pizza Wontons – Another handheld appetizer, this pizza wonton cups are great to customize with all of your favorite pizza toppings!
- Easy Blooming Onion – If you enjoy this blooming quesadilla ring, you should also make this classic onion appetizer from Small Town Woman.
Blooming Chicken Quesadilla Ring
- 5 Tortillas
- 1 small Onion
- 1 small Red Onion
- 1 cup Chicken Breast, cooked and diced
- 1 small Sweet Yellow Pepper
- 3 tbsp. Cilantro
- 1 cup Taco Sauce
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Prepare your ingredients - dice chicken and vegetables, grate cheese.
- Cut each tortilla in half, then cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the following ingredients - chicken, pepper, onions, salsa and the taco sauce.
- Stir together well until everything is well mixed.
- On each tortilla half, spoon some of the mixture.
- Add some shredded cheese to top, then roll each tortilla into a cone.
- Place each cone onto a oven proof baking dish, narrow end facing the middle of the dish. It is helpful to have a bowl in the center to hold the tortillas in place.
- Repeat until all the tortillas are placed around the bowl, making a ring. Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly on the tortillas.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes, then remove from oven to cool slightly before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 663mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 13g