For a sweet and fizzy beverage with a unique tropical twist, make this refreshing Dragon Fruit Red Bull Rum cocktail!
With the powerhouse combination of Bacardí Dragon Berry Rum and Red Bull dragon fruit, this is a quick cocktail that’s perfect to boost your energy. Garnish with some fresh dragon fruit and mint for a unique presentation and you’ve got yourself a guaranteed hit!
This cocktail has a gorgeous dark purple color and utilizes the flavor of tropical dragon fruit for the ultimate in Red Bull mixed drinks.
Using a special rum made by Bacardí, the ingredients emphasize the dragon fruit flavor and add a familiar punch of strawberry to tie it all together.
If you enjoy Dragonberry rum drinks, try this simple and delicious Dragonberry Rum Cocktail as well.
Why You’ll Love this Rum and Red Bull Cocktail
Take advantage of the Red Bull energy drink green edition special formula for this special rum cocktail. The green edition dragon fruit flavor pairs perfectly with Bacardí rum and provides a great energy boost with exotic flavor.
Enjoyed worldwide by top athletes, a can of Red Bull is a great source of caffeine. It has nearly the amount as in an equal serving of home brewed coffee!
This cocktail is so easy to make with only two main ingredients. Combine over ice and you’re ready to start sipping! With the addition of some optional garnishes, you can easily turn this speedy drink into an impressive and crowd-pleasing cocktail.
Dragon Fruit Rum Cocktail Ingredients
- Dragon Fruit Red Bull – the green edition of Red Bull is flavored with dragon fruit, which has a sweet flavor that’s somewhat reminiscent of pear and kiwi.
- Bacardi Dragonberry Rum – Bacardí’s exclusive rum flavor combines more dragon fruit flavor with classic strawberry for a juicy and refreshing twist.
- Ice Cubes – this drink is best served ice cold!
- Mint Leaves – for garnish and a cool minty twist.
- Fresh Dragon Fruit – additional garnish that adds a pop of color and the unique white fruit with speckles of black seeds.
How to Make a Red Bull Dragon Fruit Cocktail
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice cubes. Pour in 1 shot of Dragonberry rum.
- Top off with green edition Red Bull.
- Garnish with mint leaves and fresh dragon fruit slices.
Green Edition Red Bull FAQs
What does dragon fruit Red Bull taste like?
This special edition of Red Bull combines the classic sweetness of the energy drink with the tropical and exotic taste of dragon fruit. It’s somewhat similar to pear and kiwi, but has also been likened to strawberry and raspberry.
It has a good balance of sweet and sour with strong fruity flavors.
Is Red Bull dragon fruit permanent or a temporary product?
As of last year, the dragon fruit flavor of Red Bull is permanent! It replaced the previous green edition, which was flavored with kiwi and apple.
How much caffeine is in a dragon fruit Red Bull?
In a single 8.4oz can of green edition Red Bull there’s approximately 80mg of caffeine, which is similar to the amount you’d get in a cup of coffee of the same volume.
What does Dragonberry rum taste like?
This spirit combines the pear and kiwi flavors found in dragon fruit with bursts of fresh strawberry for a fruity mixture of bold flavors.
It has the perfect amount of sweetness and pairs well with a wide variety of mixers and other types of alcohol.
What do you mix with Bacardi Dragonberry rum?
For a simple mixer, combine this rum with some sparkling water and lime juice for a refreshing beverage.
You can also mix it with lemon-lime soda, a fruity flavored sparkling water, or like this cocktail, a sweet and complementary energy drink.
Dragonberry rum cocktails are a great way to take this uniquely flavored spirit and turn it into something special.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- This cocktail can be made with classic Red Bull, though you won’t have as much of the dragon fruit flavor. You can also try other Red Bull flavors like Strawberry Apricot, Watermelon, Tropical, Peach Nectarine, or Coconut Berry.
- The same applies for the Bacardí. If you can’t find the Dragonberry flavor, use any light rum to mix with your dragon fruit Red Bull. A coconut rum will add a different layer of tropical flavor.
- Make this a Red Bull Rum slushie by combining the ingredients in a blender with ice. Use more or less ice depending on how thick you prefer your slushie to be.
- Garnish with slices of dragon fruit, strawberries, mint, or use some fun polka dotted cocktail straws or these drink umbrellas to up your presentation.
Next time you’re craving something sweet, bubbly, and refreshing, pour up a Red Bull rum cocktail and enjoy the tropical flavors!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Dragon Fruit Serum – Another tropical and exotic cocktail with the flavors of dragon fruit, orange, and cranberry and a gorgeous golden color.
- Spiked Peach Red Bull Cocktail – If you love Red Bull cocktails, try this version using Red Bull’s peach flavor and the special peach lemonade vodka made by Smirnoff.
- Rum Coconut Milk Cocktail – This wintry rum cocktail is perfect to make around the holidays to take the edge off shopping for presents or to give Santa a little something extra with his cookies!
- Banana Rum Cake – A decadent dessert that’s infused with rum and topped with tasty caramelized bananas for a sweet and rich treat you’ll love.
- Spiked Watermelon Red Bull – Make this cocktail from Create Yum and enjoy the juicy watermelon flavors of Red Bull red edition and Malibu watermelon rum!
- Love pretty purple cocktails? Give this Blueberry Gin Sour a try – so very pretty and it’s easy to make.
Dragon Fruit Cocktail
- Dragon Fruit Red Bull
- Dragonberry Rum
- Ice Cubes
- Mint Leaves (Garnish)
- Fresh Dragon Fruit (Garnish)
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in 1 shot of Dragonberry rum.
- Top off with Dragon Fruit Red Bull.
- Garnish with mint leaves and fresh dragon fruit slices.
- Feel free to experiment with other flavors of Red Bull if you're unable to find the green edition.
- Other kinds of light rum will also work. Try watermelon or coconut.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 7gSugar: 18gProtein: 3g