This flavorful and easy Buffalo Ranch Dip takes 5 minutes to make and is perfect to serve alongside fresh veggie sticks and chips.
Looking for easy game day recipes? Try this super easy Buffalo Ranch Dip this weekend – so fast to make and it makes a great appetizer while you’re watching the game.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe for Buffalo Ranch Dip
Oh, your family and guests are going to love this buffalo ranch dipping sauce!
Grab a couple bags of fresh sliced carrots and celery sticks (sliced peppers are awesome too!) and a bag of tortilla chips and let’s get ready to start dunking.
This comfort food dip is best served at room temperature. Be sure to store any leftover dip (if there is any!) in an airtight container in the fridge. It will easily keep for a week in the fridge.
Before serving, remove from the fridge and let sit for an hour to come to room temperature.
Buffalo Dip with Ranch Ingredients
- Cream Cheese, softened – forms the creamy base of this dip.
- Sour Cream – gives your dip a distinct and delicious tang.
- Buffalo Wing Sauce or Hot Sauce – provides a bit of heat and bold flavor.
- Ranch Seasoning – we love the Hidden Valley ranch seasoning, but any brand will do!
- Chives or Green Onions – for a pop of color and onion-y flavor.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – gives your dip a distinctly cheesy flavor.
- Tortilla Chips, Celery & Carrots – for dunking.
- Let the cream cheese soften before beginning. I usually just take the cream cheese out of the fridge a few hours before making – it comes to room temperature and softens on my kitchen counter by then.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, Buffalo sauce, shredded cheese and ranch dressing mix into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Mix together well to blend all the ingredients together. Then, transfer the buffalo ranch dip to a pretty serving bowl like this one. Garnish with chives or green onions to add a bit more color.
- Serve on a platter with these quality crackers or fresh veggie sticks and tortilla chips.
What is buffalo sauce made of?
Most buffalo sauce is made from a mixture of hot sauce, butter, vinegar, and often Worcestershire sauce. While hot sauce is an ingredient, buffalo sauce is distinctly different because of the inclusion of other ingredients. The butter especially makes the sauce a bit creamier and richer.
Can I eat this buffalo dip hot?
Absolutely, you could serve this a warm dip instead. One way to do this is to prepare it in a crock pot or slow cooker, or you could preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, mix everything in a baking dish, and place in the oven until heated through and bubbly.
What should I serve with buffalo ranch dipping sauce?
There are lots of great options to serve with this creamy sauce. Raw veggies like carrots, celery, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, cauliflower, and peppers would be delicious. You could even pair your dip with crackers, chips, chunks of bread, or even chicken wings!
How long does buffalo dip last in the fridge?
Stored properly covered in an airtight container, your dip should last 3-5 days in the fridge. I recommend letting it come back up to room temperature before enjoying again, as it may be a bit dense while it’s still cold.
I don’t recommend freezing this dip, as the dairy ingredients won’t freeze and thaw too well.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- You can make this a super hearty buffalo chicken dip recipe by stirring in some shredded chicken. This is a great way to use leftover chicken, or you could buy a rotisserie chicken to make things easy!
- If you want something a bit healthier than sour cream, substitute Greek yogurt.
- For a more intense buffalo flavor, feel free to add more buffalo sauce. 1/2 cup or so should be good, anything more than that might alter the texture of the dip too much.
More Awesome Dip Recipes
- This Southwest Corn Dip can be served as a warm hot corn dip or a cold corn dip.
- This Hot Taco Dip with ground beef uses taco seasoning mix to ramp up the spicy flavor. Grab a bag of tortilla chips and start dipping!
- This easy Broccoli Cheese Dip combines cream cheese, broccoli, cheddar cheese and sour cream. Delicious with tortilla chips and veggie sticks for game day or happy hour!
- This Buffalo Chicken Dip makes a hearty and delicious appetizer.
Easy Buffalo Ranch Dip
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream, Buffalo sauce, shredded cheese & ranch into a mixing bowl.
- Mix together well to combine all ingredients.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chives if you like.
- Serve alongside fresh veggies, tortilla chips or crackers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 152Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 339mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
originally published May 2022; latest update September 2022