With just a simple combination of Strawberry Seltzer and alcohol, you can make a homemade version of the canned hard seltzers that are all the rage during the hot summer months!
Blending the crispness of hard seltzer with the natural sweetness of strawberries, this refreshing beverage is a crowd pleaser that will leave you craving more. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the process of making your very own strawberry hard seltzer from scratch.
And, if you love strawberries, you’re going to want to read through this Best Strawberry Recipes collection!
Whether you’re lounging by the pool or hosting a backyard barbecue, this homemade Strawberry Hard Seltzer is the perfect companion to elevate your summer gatherings.
We used Strawberry Guava Infusion Vodka and this drink has become one of our favorite Strawberry guava recipes. Get ready to impress your friends and family with this fizzy, fruity, and utterly delicious creation!
And if you’re looking for another fruity cocktail, try this Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Starburst drink!
Why You’ll Love this Vodka Strawberry Seltzer
Say goodbye to store-bought seltzers and hello to a refreshing homemade treat with this homemade Strawberry Seltzer recipe! Bursting with the natural sweetness of fresh strawberries, this fizzy and fruity beverage is the ultimate summer refresher.
This post will guide you through the simple process of creating your own Strawberry Hard Seltzer right in the comfort of your own home.
Use fresh sliced strawberries to infuse the seltzer with their vibrant flavor, and you’ll be amazed at how easy and rewarding it is to craft your own batch. Grab your favorite cocktail glass, fill it with ice, and get ready to sip on a light and bubbly concoction that’s perfect for hot summer days and backyard gatherings.
Let’s dive into the world of homemade hard seltzers and discover the delightful taste of fresh strawberries in every sip!
Ingredients for Strawberry Seltzer
- Vodka – we used Strawberry Guava Infusion Vodka with zero sugar for a little bit of extra fruity flavor.
- Strawberry Seltzer Water – this provides a nice bubbly finish and the fresh and vibrant taste of strawberry–Perrier sparkling water works great here.
- Ice Cubes – you’ll want to enjoy this drink ice cold.
- Strawberries – for a pop of color and authentic strawberry flavor.
How to Make Strawberry Hard Seltzer
- Add ice cubes and sliced strawberries into a tall glass. The sliced strawberries are technically optional, but they add so much to the presentation and flavor of this drink.
- Pour one shot vodka into glass.
- Top with strawberry seltzer water. Garnish with a sliced whole strawberry and add a pretty straw.
What’s in a hard seltzer?
Most hard seltzers are composed of three ingredients: sparkling water, some kind of alcohol, and something for flavor. Most hard seltzers lean into fruity flavorings, like this strawberry seltzer with a hint of guava.
What is different about alcohol seltzer?
When it comes to store bought hard seltzers, these beverages are typically made with fermented cane sugar. Instead of other spirits or beer which are usually made with fermented grain, most hard seltzers are actually gluten free!
They also have a lower alcohol content, typically between 4% or 5% ABV.
Why is it called a seltzer?
“Seltzer” comes from the name of a German town called Selters, which is famous for mineral springs. Often conflated with other drinks like club soda and sparkling water, seltzer is actually the most simple of all the options, requiring only water and carbonation.
(On the other hand, other beverages like club soda and sparkling water also have infusions of minerals, flavors, etc.)
Strawberry Seltzer Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Perrier strawberry is a great option for the sparkling water component. Topo Chico also sells a strawberry guava flavor that would properly make this a strawberry guava seltzer drink!
- The possibilities are endless when it comes to customizing this homemade hard seltzer. Switch up the flavor of vodka or use a traditional vodka without a flavor for a more simple drink. You can also use any flavor of sparkling water.
- Similarly, you can chop up just about any kind of fruit to include in this seltzer cocktail.
- Strawberries and a pretty cocktail straw like these ones, are great for garnish. You could also add a drink umbrella or a sprig of fresh mint for additional presentation points.
- Add a little bit of simple syrup if you prefer a sweeter cocktail.
- This hard seltzer is also great to make in large quantities. Make a pitcher or bowl of this beverage to serve at parties and gatherings. Just be aware that it will go a bit flat if left to sit out for too long. Another option is a small covered cooler which will preserve the carbonation a bit better.
- Strawberry Lemonade Seltzer – For some added sweetness and a little bit of tang, add a splash of lemonade to your Strawberry Seltzer.
More Strawberry Cocktails You’ll Love
- Strawberry Frosé – This elegant but fun frozen drink combines crisp rosé with fresh strawberries for an adult slushy that will keep you cool in the summer!
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri – Can’t get enough frozen strawberry cocktails? Prefer rum to rosé? This easy frozen daiquiri is the perfect choice for you.
- Sparkling Tequila Kiss – Combine delicious tequila with refreshing strawberry flavor for a sophisticated drink that’s excellent for date night, Valentine’s Day, or any romantic occasion.
- Strawberry Mojito Cocktail – Rum, strawberries, and mint come together in this classic beverage that’s excellent for the warmer months but delicious all year round.
- Strawberry Gin Smash – Fans of gin will adore this light and refreshing cocktail from Sweet Tea + Thyme which includes an added punch of zesty lime flavor!
Homemade Strawberry Hard Seltzer
- 1 Shot Strawberry Guava Infusion Vodka (zero sugar)
- Strawberry Seltzer Water
- Ice Cubes
- Strawberries, for garnish
- Add Ice Cubes and sliced strawberries (optional) into a tall glass.
- Pour one shot vodka into glass.
- Top with strawberry seltzer water.
- Garnish with a whole strawberry and add a pretty cocktail straw.
- The strawberries are technically optional, but I recommend including them for best results.
- Feel free to substitute with different fruit flavors. You can even mix and match flavors between the vodka, sparkling water, and fresh fruit for your own special concoction!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 9mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 13gSugar: 26gProtein: 6g