This Honey Sriracha Chicken Dip recipe is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy! You’ll love the savory flavors combined with the distinct and unique kick of homemade sweet sriracha sauce!
Tired of the same old buffalo chicken dip and looking for a new appetizer recipe with that same spicy punch? This chicken dip combines a hot honey sriracha sauce with multiple kinds of cheese for a hearty and flavorful dish that pairs perfectly with all your favorite dippers.
And if you’re a big fan of serving tasty dips for parties and gatherings, check out this roundup of the Best Dip Recipes for even more ideas.
You’ll love serving this crowd-pleasing dip for a game day snack, as an appetizer before any meal, or as a companion to any happy hour or cocktail hour.
Pair with tortilla chips and enjoy this creamy and flavorful appetizer!
Why You’ll Love this Hot Chicken Dip
With a smooth and creamy base of sriracha, honey, cream cheese, and a blend of cheddar and mozzarella, this is a majorly comforting and decadent appetizer dip. Add shredded chicken and a punch of minced garlic to pull everything together and you’ve got the perfect snack!
This recipe is beyond easy to make and is a great way to serve a bold and spicy dish with a unique and novel mix of flavors.
Combining sriracha and honey gives this dish a yummy sweet and spicy balance. Pair that sriracha honey sauce with chicken and cheese and what’s not to love?
Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, veggies, or whatever suits your fancy! You’ll love putting together this super easy chicken dip as a quick but reliable appetizer that’s sure to please any crowd.
Ingredients for Honey Sriracha Chicken Dip
- Cooked Chicken – a great way to use leftover chicken; you can also buy a rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it.
- Cream Cheese – gives the dip a creamy and smooth base.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – sharp cheddar pairs perfectly with spicy flavors and enhances the shredded chicken.
- Mozzarella Cheese – for an extra melty and satisfying addition to the cheddar.
- Sriracha – this unique chili sauce provides lots of flavor and a nice kick of heat.
- Honey – honey balances out the spiciness of the sriracha.
- Minced Garlic – deepens all of the flavors and helps to bring all of the ingredients together for the perfect appetizer.
- Tortilla Chips – a recommended dipper for this honey sriracha chicken appetizer, but you can pair it with anything that sounds good to you!
How to Make Hot Chicken Dip
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sriracha, honey, and garlic.
- Spread the dip evenly into a cast iron skillet. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.
What is sriracha?
This distinct and spicy sauce is found commonly in Thai and Vietnamese cuisine. The sauce is typically made from a combination of chili peppers, distilled vinegar, garlic, sugar, and salt.
How do I make homemade sriracha honey sauce?
Can’t get enough of the combination of sweet and spicy? You can combine some of the ingredients from this dip to use a sauce that’s great with other recipes, like vegetables, noodles, proteins, and more!
Combine sriracha and honey with butter, lime juice, and soy sauce to make this versatile and flavorful condiment. Some recipes also call for rice vinegar, olive oil, or lemon juice instead of like juice.
It’s best to simmer the ingredients together to ensure all of the flavors and components truly come together.
Can I make this honey sriracha chicken dip in a crockpot?
Yes, if you want to make this dip a few hours ahead of time and/or keep it warm for long periods of time, a slow cooker is a great alternative!
Combine all of the ingredients in the slow cooker on low and stir until cheese are melted and everything is combined. Then simply let the mixture sit on the keep warm feature until ready to serve.
You can also use the crockpot to cook chicken breasts if you don’t have cooked chicken already. This post from Slow Cooker Gourmet shows how to cook and shred the chicken in the slow cooker, then add the other ingredients to make your dip.
Can I freeze this sriracha chicken dip recipe?
Yes, it’s possible to freeze this dip for up to 3 months! When it comes time to reheat, I recommend letting the dip thaw for a few hours (or overnight) in the fridge and then placing back in the oven at 350 degrees F until everything is nice and melty again.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Not a fan of sriracha? There are a number of other sauces that can add a nice punch of heat to this chicken dip. Regular hot sauce is always an option. You could also use sweet chili sauce, gochujang, or a combination of ketchup and some other spicy ingredients like fresh chilies.
- For even more heat, use a cheese like pepper jack.
- In addition to tortilla chips, serve this chicken dip with crackers, raw veggies like carrots or celery, chunks of breads, Dot’s pretzels, or other chips!
- If you want additional heat, mix in some red pepper flakes, diced jalapenos, or crushed peppercorns.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Easy Southwest Corn Dip – With the option to serve hot or cold, this corn dip could serve as an excellent companion for your sweet and spicy chicken dip.
- Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread – What’s not to love about soft, warm bread with gooey cheese and yummy garlic? Great for tearing and sharing!
- Easy Nashville Hot Wings – Lovers of spice will enjoy these super easy chicken wings with a dry rub made from Nashville Hot seasoning.
- Sriracha Lime Aioli – If you’re looking to use sriracha in more of your cooking, try this creamy and flavorful sauce from Key to my Lime!
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Dip Recipe
- 1lb Cooked Shredded Chicken
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded a cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sriracha
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- Tortilla Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sriracha, honey & garlic.
- Spread into a cast iron skillet.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips & enjoy.
- Ingredients like sweet chili sauce or regular hot sauce can be substituted for sriracha.
- Feel free to use other cheeses like pepper jack for additional flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 402Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 791mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 25g