Make this Cheddar Cheese Crisps recipe and discover just how easy it is to make a fast and delicious snack that’s packed with authentic cheesy flavor!
For a quick and crowd-pleasing snack, whip up a batch of cheddar crisps! Fans of cheese will love this surprisingly simple recipe. Keto-friendly and super cheesy, you only need one single ingredient to make these crisps!
Serve your crisps alongside these Pimento Cheese Crostini Appetizers for the perfect blend of crispy and cheesy snacks!
These crispy cheddar chips are so simple to make and only require 1 ingredient and 10 minutes of your time!
Pair them with a dipping sauce, use them to top a salad, or just serve them on their own. However you enjoy these cheese crisps, you’ll love the crunchy bite and the perfect cheesy flavor. This is a fantastic and versatile snack that’s sure to impress.
Looking for more easy appetizer recipes? See all of them right here!
Why You’ll Love these Baked Cheese Crisps
Looking for the perfect snack? Whip up a quick and easy batch of delicious cheddar crisps! Made from real cheese, this one-ingredient snack is sure to deliver on flavor.
Fans of cheese will love the pure cheesy taste paired with the crisp and crunchy texture.
These keto-friendly crisps only require a few minutes of prep and 10 minutes of baking before they’re ready to go. If you need an emergency snack or you’re just hit with a sudden cheesy craving, these crisps are a fantastic option
Best of all, they’re incredibly versatile and can be made from any cheese of your choice. Feel free to customize to your taste!
- Cheddar Cheese Slices – That’s right, all you need are some of these slices of cheese! Cheddar is a fantastic option for its familiar flavor and cheesy bite, but feel free to substitute or combine with other kinds of cheese if you like.
Helpful Tools and Supplies
- Baking Sheet – use a baking sheet to hold your cheese crisps while they bake.
- Parchment Paper – this will prevent the cheese from sticking to the baking sheet and make them easy to remove and transport.
- Cooling Rack – helps your cheddar crisps cool fully.
- Cutting Board – you’ll need to slice your cheese into smaller pieces, so a cutting board is helpful here.
How to Make Cheddar Cheese Crisps in the Oven
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lay a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- Using a cutting board, slice the cheese slices into four squares.
- Place the quartered cheese slices on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lift the crisps from the parchment paper and place on a cooling rack.
Popular Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- For some additional flavor, dust your cheese slices with Italian seasoning or other seasonings of your choice before baking. You could also wait until they’ve cooled, spritz them with a small amount of oil, and add flavorings of your choice.
- Cheddar Parmesan Crisps – Once baked, dust the cheese crisps with some grated Parmesan cheese.
- Asiago and Cheddar Cheese Crisps – Before baking, sprinkle the tops of your cheese with pre-shredded asiago cheese.
- Replace the cheddar cheese slices with any cheese of your choice. The same can be done with the shredded cheese in the above variation. Pair a slice of cheese with your choice of shredded cheese on top to create your own custom cheese crisps!
- The parchment paper should prevent the cheese crisps from sticking, but feel free to use a small spatula or knife to separate them from the paper if necessary.
- If you don’t have a cooling rack, allow the crisps to cool on a plate covered with a paper towel.
- Make sure your oven is properly pre-heated before baking the cheese crisps. If it isn’t hot enough, you may just end up with cheese melts.
- Cut the cheese into whatever size you prefer for the finished product. The crisps won’t change size very much in the oven, so you’ll be able to determine what size they’ll be before baking.
Storage and Reheating Tips
- Keep your cheese crisps in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They might start to lose crispiness after this point.
- Cheddar crisps can also be store in the freezer for up to 6 months. Store them with parchment paper between rows in order to prevent sticking.
- If your cheddar cheese crisps lose some of their crispiness, pop them back in the oven until they’re a little bit melty, then allow them to cool and crisp up.
- The air fryer is also a great option for reheating your crisps.
Why are my cheese crisps not crispy?
If you find your cheddar crisps are a bit soggy or flimsy after they cool, it’s possible you didn’t bake them for long enough. Be sure to give them enough time in the oven so they’ll crisp up once cooled.
Are cheese crisps healthy?
These cheese crisps are great because they’re low in carbs and only made with one ingredient. Cheese is also high in calcium and protein.
These crisps are a great way to satisfy any chip or cracker cravings without all the carbs!
What can cheese crisps be used for?
Aside from just eating them as a tasty snack, cheddar crisps are great to add to salads, sandwiches, or as a fun topping for soups.
You could even use full slices of cheese and bake them inside muffin tins to make crispy cheese cups!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza – You’ll love this quick and customizable personal pizza that’s so easy to prepare in the air fryer. Complete with all of your favorite toppings!
- Baked Italian Sausage Baguette – Fans of sausage and peppers will love this handheld version of the classic dish, perfect as a filling and savory appetizer or snack.
- Air Fryer Pasta Chips – Turn your favorite pasta shapes into delicious and crispy chips with this simple air fryer recipe. These are great to pair with marinara sauce or other appetizer dips.
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites – This recipe from Chef Savvy is another quick and healthy snack that only requires a few ingredients and is great for boosting your energy!
Cheddar Cheese Crisps
- 8oz Package Cheddar Cheese Slices or
- 8 oz Package Havarti Cheese Slices
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- Slice the cheese slices into four squares.
- Place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lift crisps from the parchment paper
- Place on a cooling rack.
- Feel free to use another kind of cheese. Baking times may vary based on cheese type.
- Add shredded cheese of another variety on top for additional flavor.
- Use seasonings like Italian seasoning or other herbs and spices to give your cheese crisps some additional flavor.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 38Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g