Make this Air Fryer Pasta Chips recipe and turn simple pasta into a crispy and satisfying appetizer or snack that’s perfect to pair with your favorite pasta sauce or other dipping sauces!
Get ready to experience pasta in a whole new way with these pasta chips made in the air fryer. These crispy, golden-brown chips are made from cooked pasta tossed in flavorful seasonings and air fried to perfection.
Dust off your air fryer, gather your favorite pasta shapes, and dive into the world of crispy pasta goodness. For another air fryer twist on an Italian classic, try this Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza!
Why You’ll Love these Pasta Chips in the Air Fryer
Whether you’re looking for a unique appetizer or a fun snack with a delicate and satisfying crunch, these pasta air fryer chips are a must-try! Perfectly crispy, flavorful, and oh-so-addictive – welcome to the world of pasta chips.
If you’re looking for a fun and unexpected twist on pasta, these crunchy chips will take your snacking game to new heights. You can easily turn cooked pasta into a delightful and crunchy snack using your air fryer!
Whether you enjoy them on their own or pair them with your favorite dips like marinara sauce or the homemade sauce included below, air fried pasta chips are sure to become a household favorite.
So preheat your air fryer, get creative with flavors like Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese, and enjoy these golden brown little delicacies!
Ingredients for Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- 1 Pound of Pasta – I used rigatoni pasta for this recipe, but feel free to experiment with other pasta shapes.
- Olive Oil – helps the seasonings stick to the pasta and ensures that the chips get nice and crispy in the air fryer.
- Garlic Salt – gives your chips a nice salty base with some garlic flavor.
- Garlic Powder – enhances the garlicky goodness of the garlic salt.
- Italian Seasoning – this blend of flavors is the perfect way to easily add lots of dimension to your pasta chips.
- Parmesan Cheese – provides a delicious cheesy flavor that pairs perfectly with the various seasonings.
Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- Stewed Tomatoes – gives your dipping sauce a delicious and authentic tomato flavor.
- Tomato Sauce – helps with texture and acts as a shortcut for your sauce.
- Garlic Salt and Garlic Powder – for more garlic flavor.
- Seasoned Pepper – adds lots of peppery flavor that makes your dipping sauce really pop.
- Italian Seasoning – compliments the seasoning on the pasta chips.
- Oregano and Sweet Basil – already present in the Italian seasoning, adding extra amounts of these ingredients help the flavors really pop.
- Brown Sugar – provides a complex sweetness that pairs well with the savory seasonings.
How to Make Pasta Chips in the Air Fryer
- In a sauce pan, add the stewed tomatoes, and with a sharp knife and fork, cut the tomato into small pieces. Add the tomato sauce, and stir well.
- Mix in the garlic salt, garlic powder, seasoned pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano, sweet basil, and brown sugar. Stir until well combined.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then turn down the heat to low. Let the sauce simmer for half an hour.
- While the sauce simmers, cook the pasta according to package direction. Boil and salt your water, then cook pasta according to the al dente time. For most types of pasta this is about 9 minutes.
- When done cooking, drain the pasta and return to the pot. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with garlic salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese. Mix and toss well so all of the pasta is evenly coated.
- Place about a third of the prepared pasta in the air fryer basket in a single layer, and cook for 8 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Once all the pasta is done cooking, take your air fryer pasta in the air fryer basket and transfer to a serving dish. Pair with the homemade dipping sauce and enjoy!
Can you cook dry pasta in an air fryer?
I don’t recommend cooking your pasta in the air fryer without cooking it first. It will be too hard to eat.
Cooking it first allows the pasta to soften up so it can then become nice and crispy in the air fryer!
Can you make these pasta chips in the oven?
Absolutely! If you don’t have an air fryer, the oven is a great option for making these crispy pasta chips. I recommend baking them at around 375 or 400 degrees F for around 20 minutes.
Baking heat and time may vary depending on your oven, so feel free to experiment and find out what works best for you.
How can you make pasta chips without an air fryer?
The best option for cooking pasta chips without an air fryer would be to cook them in the oven. Check out the instructions above for more details!
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- There are other variations of pasta that are perfect for this recipe. Bowtie pasta is a fun and adorable shape, or you could use something like rotini for a cute and curly variation.
- For other dipping sauce options, pair with regular marinara sauce or pasta sauce. You could also use a dipping sauce like ranch, or even pair with salsa or guacamole. Switch up the seasonings to match the dip you’re planning to serve.
- If you like a little bit of heat, add some red peppers flakes to your pasta chips.
More Air Fryer Recipes You’ll Love
- Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp – Delicious as an appetizer, snack, or even a main course, this shrimp is perfectly cooked and slathered in a bold homemade sauce!
- Air Fryer BBQ Wings – You’ll love these classic chicken wings that are beyond easy to make in your air fryer.
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks – Make a large batch of these mozzarella sticks and freeze half to pull out and air fry whenever you need a fast and satisfying snack.
- Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers – This classic appetizer recipe form I Wash You Dry is a savory treat with a spicy kick, creamy filling, and cheesy flavor!
Pasta Chips in the Air FryerPrep Time 10 minutesCook Time 30 minutesTotal Time 40 minutes
- 1 pound of Rigatoni Pasta (or another type Pasta if preferred)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Parmesan Cheese
- 1 can of Stewed Tomatoes - 14 ounce can
- 2 cans of Tomato Sauce - 6 ounce can
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of Seasoned Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Oregano
- 1 teaspoon of Sweet Basil
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- In a large sauce pan, add the Stewed Tomatoes. With a sharp knife and
fork, cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Add the tomato sauce, garlic salt, garlic powder, pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano, sweet basil and brown sugar.
- Stir altogether until well mixed.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, turn down the heat to low, and let simmer for half an hour.
- Begin making the pasta, following package directions. Cook about 9 minutes, until al dente.
- Drain, then return to pot and add olive oil and toss well.
- Sprinkle on all seasonings and the cheese.
- Toss again to blend well.
- Put about 1/3 of the pasta into the air fryer.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Repeat for the remaining pasta.
- Plate and serve with dipping sauce.
- Use other shapes of pasta like bowties, rotini, penne, and more.
- Vary the seasonings depending on the dipping sauce you're planning to use.
- Add some red pepper flakes to the chips and/or the sauce for a spicy kick.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 613mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 4gSugar: 23gProtein: 9g