This 5 minute Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip is loaded with creamy deliciousness and a perfect snack for chips and veggies.
Here’s a quick dip for happy hour, game day or an afternoon snack. Whip up a batch of this bacon cheddar dip with cream cheese and sour cream and enjoy with potato chips or crackers.
5 Minute Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip
Dips are always a favorite at any kind of gathering; this one is guaranteed to be a hit at your house! Serve this during game day, any party or gathering, or even pull it out for the Super Bowl. This is a versatile and crowd-pleasing dip that your guests will devour before you can even blink!
- Cream Cheese – serves as the base of your bacon and cheddar dip recipe and provides a nice creamy texture.
- Sour Cream – adds a delicious tang and helps keep the dip nice and smooth.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese – there are other varieties of cheese you could use, but cheddar tends to work best with the flavors in this dip.
- Bacon Bits – bacon pieces bring a hearty and savory flavor to this dip.
- Ranch Seasoning – a quick and easy way to add lots of flavor to your cheesy bacon dip.
- Chives or Green Onions – provide a color contrast and some light and grassy flavor that accentuates the rest of the ingredients.
- Carrots, Celery & Crackers – for dipping and dunking.
- Wash and cut fresh vegetables such as carrots, celery, broccoli or cauliflower and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, ranch seasoning packet, bacon bits and chives.
- Mix in well together until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer from the mixing bowl to a serving bowl and set on a platter. Arrange crackers, vegetables and potato chips around the dip bowl.
- Serve and enjoy! Cover and refrigerate any leftover cheddar ranch dip in an airtight container to nibble on later.
What is ranch seasoning made of?
Ranch seasoning is typically comprised of onion powder, onion flakes, dill, parsley, garlic powder, dried chives, and salt and pepper.
If you have all of these ingredients in your pantries already, you could even make your own ranch seasoning and tweak the ingredients proportions to your own liking!
How long will cheddar bacon ranch dip last?
Stored properly in the fridge, your dip should last 3-4 days or so. If you let it sit for a couple of hours it may actually improve the flavors as they meld together, but definitely be sure you don’t let it sit in the fridge for too long before enjoying.
Can cheddar bacon dip be frozen?
I don’t recommend freezing this dip. The dairy components don’t typically freeze and thaw very well, so the consistency and flavors may be off when you do let it defrost.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Add some small chunks of grilled chicken for even more protein and to make this dip super filling and satisfying!
- For some heat, stir in diced jalapenos.
- If you need ideas for dippers, try one of these: pretzels, raw veggies, crackers, potato chips, bread chunks, or pita chips.
- This dip can also be enjoyed warm for a different take! Make it in a baking dish and heat in a 350 degree F oven until the cheese is melty and the dip is bubbly.
- To add even more flavors to this dish, try ingredients like mustard powder, hot sauce, chili powder, or garlic.
- Other cheeses that would work well instead of or in addition to cheddar: Swiss, American, pepper jack, Colby jack, Monterey jack.
This cheddar bacon ranch dip is the perfect party snack for a crowd!
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Serve alongside these Jimmy Dean Sausage Stars – a filling savory appetizer sure to please.
- These Tuna Salad Pickle Boats turn just 7 ingredients into a healthy low carb snack!
- For another dip recipe featuring yummy bacon, try this distinct and delicious Dill Pickle Dip.
- Check out all of our Appetizer recipes!
Easy Cheesy Bacon Dip
- 8oz Cream Cheese
- 16oz Sour Cream
- 8oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2.5oz Bag Bacon Bits
- 1oz Packet Ranch Seasoning
- 1Tbs Chives
- Potato Chips, Carrots, Celery & Crackers For Dipping
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, ranch packet, bacon bits and chives. Mix well.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Arrange chips, crackers and vegetables on a platter around the bowl of dip.
- Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge. It should alst 3-4 days.
- Serve with pretzels, potato chips, crackers, chunks of bread, or raw veggies.
- You can also serve this dip warm for a gooey and melty appetizer that's incredibly comforting!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 602mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g