This refreshing Malibu Watermelon with Sparkling Ice is a fizzy and fruity cocktail that’s perfect for cooling off on a hot summer day!
You’ll love this light, sweet Watermelon Malibu cocktail! With a hint of juicy strawberries from the carbonated Sparkling Ice beverage, this simple cocktail is ideal for summer afternoons by the pool or the ocean.
Just like this Dragonberry Rum Cocktail, it relies on a fun flavored rum to create an easy but flavorful beverage!
Why You’ll Love this Watermelon Rum Cocktail
With only two core ingredients and a few optional garnishes, cocktails don’t get much easier than this.
With the distinct flavor of watermelon and the tropical Caribbean flavors of Malibu rum, this drink also takes on a beautiful strawberry flavor and color from Sparkling Ice flavored sparkling water.
Garnish with some fresh watermelon and mint leaves to nail the presentation and highlight the classic bright red and green color combo. This cocktail is perfect for the spring and summer.
Ice cold, sweet, and refreshing, this Malibu Watermelon with Sparkling Ice is sure to cool you down and satisfy on even the hottest of days!
Watermelon Malibu with Sparkling Ice Ingredients
- Malibu Watermelon Rum – a sunny spirit that captures the flavors of summer in a bottle!
- Strawberry Watermelon Sparkling Ice – gives this cocktail a fizzy lift and provides a bright and beautiful strawberry-red color.
- Ice Cubes – this drink is best enjoyed ice cold.
- Fresh Watermelon Slices – for a beautiful garnish that will bring an even more natural flavor.
- Mint Leaves – provides some color contrast and a subtle cooling effect.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes. Pour in 1 shot of Watermelon Malibu.
- Top off with Watermelon Sparkling Ice.
- Garnish with watermelon slices & mint leaves. Add a couple of pretty colorful cocktail straws and enjoy. I love these pretty floral straws – perfect for girls night!
Watermelon Rum FAQs
What to mix with watermelon rum?
Any kind of fruit juice is sure to mix well with this flavored rum. Orange juice, cranberry juice, or pineapple juice would all be fantastic mixers.
You could also mix it with any number of sparkling waters, both flavored and unflavored. Make simple watermelon cocktails with some lime juice and soda water and you’ve got an outstanding beverage right there!
Does Malibu Watermelon taste like coconut?
It does! Because the base is Malibu, which is a Caribbean rum, it inherently has a coconut flavor to it.
This makes it perfect as a mixer with sweet, fruity, and light beverages like flavored sparkling water, lemon-lime soda, or fruit juices.
What alcohol is good with Sparkling Ice?
This all depends on the flavor of sparkling water you’re working with. Generally, mixing with rum, vodka, tequila, gin, and bourbon will yield delicious results.
For some of the more autumnal varieties of Sparkling Ice, you can even mix with champagne or fall-appropriate sangrias.
Is Sparkling Ice an alcohol?
No, Sparkling Ice is a brand of flavored sparkling water. They offer a wide variety of flavor options, as well as different varieties of drinks with zero sugar, added caffeine, and more. You can find all the Sparkling Ice flavors right here.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- If you can’t find Sparkling Ice or the strawberry watermelon flavor, feel free to substitute another brand of sparkling water or another flavor. Perrier also makes a watermelon flavored sparkling water that would work perfectly fine.
- Sparkling Ice also offers flavors like coconut pineapple, lemonade, lemon lime, and cherry limeade that would pair well with your watermelon rum.
- For an even stronger watermelon flavor, add a splash of this watermelon juice.
- To bring some sharp citrus flavors into your cocktail, use some lemon or lime juice. You can also garnish with a lemon or lime slice.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Dragonfruit Serum – Another sweet and tropical cocktail that features striking and exotic dragon fruit!
- Margherita Pizza – This pizza uses puff pastry for the crust for a fast and super-light appetizer that’s perfect to enjoy outdoors.
- White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries – Great for patriotic holidays, these strawberries can also be customized to fit any celebration or special occasion.
- Watermelon Tequila Lime Bars – This recipe from Homemade Hooplah turns a delicious and summery cocktail into a sweet dessert bar!
Watermelon Malibu Cocktail Recipe
- Malibu Watermelon Rum
- Watermelon Sparkling Ice
- Ice Cubes
- Watermelon Slices
- Mint Leaves
- Fill a glass with ice cubes.
- Pour in 1 shot of Malibu Watermelon.
- Top off with Watermelon Sparkling Ice.
- Garnish with watermelon slices & mint leaves.
- Another flavor of Sparkling Ice can be used if the strawberry watermlon isn't available.
- You can also use another brand of watermelon flavored sparkling water if you can't locate Sparkling Ice.
- For even more watermelon flavor, add a splash of watermelon juice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 4gSugar: 53gProtein: 6g