These tasty Banana Pudding Shots are made with 99 Bananas liqueur for a fruity boozy kick! You’ll love the flavors of banana splits and banana creme pies in a yummy pudding shot.
Get ready to turn your favorite childhood treat into an adults-only delight! This one is perfect for anybody who has fond memories of creamy banana pudding.
And if you want an alcohol-free treat that has similar flavors, try these Banana Pudding Cups. Layers of sweet pudding with cookies and homemade whipped topping!
Now it’s time to take that nostalgia to the next level. You’ll love these playful shots that infuse the ripe banana flavors with the punch of 99 Bananas and creamy pudding.
These pudding shots with 99 Bananas taste just like a banana cream pie! These dessert shots are a delicious and imaginative way to capture the essence of your favorite dessert.
Transform simple banana pudding into a grown-up indulgence! Whether you’re hosting a lively gathering or simply want to enjoy a fun night in, these shots are the perfect combination of creamy and spirited.
Why You’ll Love this Banana Pudding Shot Recipe
This boozy dessert is both whimsical and indulgent! Remember the joy of spooning into a bowl of creamy banana pudding?
Imagine that experience infused with a spirited kick that’s sure to delight. Fans of banana will love this dessert in shot form.
It combines the nostalgia of banana pudding with the bold flavor of 99 Bananas liqueur.
Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply want to enjoy a unique treat, whip up a batch of these easy pudding shots.
As you sip and savor the blend of creamy banana goodness and the lively note of 99 Bananas, you’ll be transported to a world where dessert meets cocktails in the most delightful way.
More Pudding Shot Recipes:
- Strawberry Shortcake Shooters Dessert – Keto-friendly and delicious, these “shooters” don’t actually contain alcohol, so they’re perfect for the whole family.
- Caramel Apple Jello Shots – If you’re looking for a fun shot recipe for the fall season, make these shooters that channel the flavors of classic caramel apples.
Ingredients for Banana Cream Pie Pudding Shots
- Whipped Topping – Cool Whip is the brand that comes to mind for many, but you can use any whipped topping you like.
- 99 Bananas – if you can’t find this liqueur, a banana flavored vodka will also do the trick.
- Milk – ensures a creamy pudding base
- Instant Banana Pudding – infuses your shots with even more tasty banana flavor.
- Cherries – for a fun garnish and a pop of pretty red color.
- Whipped Cream – adds another layer of presentation and sweetness.
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies – provide a crunchy base layer that tastes delicious alongside the creamy pudding.
- Condiment Cups – these work perfectly as plastic shot glasses, and they usually come with lids for easy storage and transportation.
How to Make Banana Cream Pudding Shots
- Combine the 99 Bananas, banana pudding mix, milk, and whipped topping in a large mixing bowl, blending together well.
- Crush 2 nilla wafer cookies per condiment cup. Line the bottom of each condiment cup with crushed cookies.
- Transfer pudding mixture to condiment cups. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.
What is 99 Bananas?
The 99 Bananas proof rating is right in the name, 99 proof! That translates to 49.5% ABV. So this 99 proof banana liqueur is probably a bit stronger than many other fruit-based spirits you’ve had in the past.
Can you drink 99 Bananas straight?
Yes, this banana liqueur can be enjoyed on its own. Take banana shots for a quick burst of fruity, boozy flavor, or even enjoy on the rocks and sip casually.
You’ll love the fruity flavor of bananas, perfect for the summertime.
How much alcohol is in a shot of 99?
Because this liqueur has such high alcohol content, a 1.5oz shot of 99 Bananas has about as much alcohol as a shot of some vodkas and tequilas, if not more.
Don’t let the fruity taste fool you, this is a strong spirit!
How long will 99 Bananas shots last?
If you store your banana pudding shots in the fridge, they should last 5 days. Be sure to keep them covered. Many plastic condiment cups come with lids, which are great for storage.
The shots should only be left at room temperature for a couple hours at a time. Leave them to chill until you’re ready to serve.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- If you’re unable to find a banana pudding mix, vanilla pudding works just as well. Add some banana extract if you miss the extra banana flavor.
- Use chocolate pudding mix to make chocolate banana split pudding shots. Drizzle with some chocolate syrup and top with rainbow sprinkles.
- Add some peanut butter to your pudding mixture for peanut butter banana shots.
- These can also be served as a boozy dessert. In parfait glasses, layer the pudding mixture with crushed cookies and whipped topping for a parfait-like treat.
- Use half the 99 Bananas and replace the other half with coconut rum for an extra tropical twist.
- More garnish ideas: top the shots with thin slices of banana. Sprinkle with finely crushed wafer cookies. Stick a single wafer cookie into the whipped cream.
More Shot Recipes You’ll Love
- Baileys Strawberries and Cream Pudding Shots – You’ll love this take on pudding shots with a romantic pink finish and sweet strawberry flavor!
- Smirnoff Peach Lemonade Jello Shots – Another summertime classic, these jello shots are bursting with fresh and tangy flavors.
- Strawberry Shortcake Shooters Dessert – Keto-friendly and absolutely delicious, these “shooters” don’t actually contain alcohol, so they’re perfect for the whole family.
- Caramel Apple Jello Shots – If you’re looking for a fun shot recipe for the fall season, make these novelty shooters that channel the flavors of classic caramel apples.
- Cinnamon Roll Fireball Shots – This fun and sweet shot recipe from Spaceships and Laser Beams uses cinnamon whiskey to create a dessert shooter that tastes like fresh baked cinnamon rolls!
Banana Split Pudding Shots
- 8oz Whipped Topping
- 1 Cup 99 Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 1 box Banana Pudding
- Whipped Cream
- Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- Combine 99 bananas, banana pudding mix, whipped topping & milk in a mixing bowl.
- Crush 2 Vanilla wafer cookies per condiment cup.
- Line the bottom of each condiment cup with crushed cookies.
- Transfer mixture to condiment cups.
- Garnish each cup with whipped cream & a cherry.
- Use another kind of pudding, like vanilla or chocolate, for a slight variation on these pudding shots.
- Graham crackers can be substituted for the wafer cookies.
- If you can't find 99 Bananas, use banana flavored vodka.
- Other garnishes include crushed cookies, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 966Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 60mgCarbohydrates: 233gFiber: 25gSugar: 127gProtein: 11g