With a sweet and tangy lemon and peach flavored vodka, these Smirnoff Peach Lemonade Jello Shots are your new go-to for summer parties!
Whether you want something fun and sweet for your next picnic or you’re looking for a way to liven up a pool party, these homemade hello shots are a sweet treat with a slight sour citrus punch!
Why You’ll Love this Jello Shots Recipe
Adorned with a gummy peach ring, each of these jello shots is a party in a cup! Easy to make and fun to enjoy, these shots are unlike other peach jello shot recipes.
They have lots of great peach and lemon flavor from the Smirnoff vodka and peach flavored gelatin.
You only need 3 ingredients to make these refreshing and summery shots. Make them ahead of time and keep them in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
When you bring these out at your next gathering, they’ll be gone before you know it! Simple and classic with a peachy twist, these jello shots are a great way to take a party to the next level.
Smirnoff Peach Lemonade Jello Shots Ingredients
- Peach Jello – any box of peach jello will do for these shots.
- Smirnoff Peach Lemonade Vodka – this is a favorite vodka flavor of ours for the addition of the tart lemonade, but if you can’t find it or prefer something simpler, any peach vodka works.
- Water – you need this to make the jello.
- Peach Candy Rings – a cute garnish that elevates the presentation of your shots.
- Plastic Condiment Cups – any kind of small plastic cups with lids will do the trick, but these condiment cups tend to be the easiest shape to work with.
- Bring 1 cup of cold water to a boil. Once boiling, pour in the jello and mix well. Mix in 1 cup Peach Lemonade Vodka.
- Pour mixture into the condiment cups. Place cups in the refrigerator to harden.
- Once the jello is solid, place a peach ring on top and enjoy.
How much alcohol can you put in jello shots?
Anywhere from 1/2 cup to a cup of liquor is the range you want to aim for. If you find your shots aren’t setting properly, it’s likely you’ve added too much liquor; pare back the amount and that should fix the issue.
What’s the best kind of liquor for jello shots?
Vodka is most commonly used for jello shots since the flavor doesn’t overpower the flavor of the jello itself. White rum is another good option if you want the jello taste to be most apparent.
If you want to be adventurous and create more interesting flavor combinations, you can also try tequila, whiskey, gin, or brandy.
What can I substitute for peach jello?
If you’re unable to find peach gelatin, you can make your own in a pinch by mixing together 2 packets of unflavored gelatin, 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1 1/2 cups sugar, then adding 1/2 cup cold peach juice and letting this mixture sit for a few minutes.
Then you’ll want to add your boiling water (about 1 1/2 cups for this method) and proceed with your jello shot recipe as listed.
You can also consider using another flavor like pineapple, lemon, or apricot. The shots will still have some peach flavor from the Smirnoff.
Do you have to keep jello shots refrigerated?
Yes, it’s best to keep them nice and cold until it’s time to serve them. Otherwise the jello can become liquidy and it might take on an unpleasant texture.
Especially in the heat, I don’t recommend letting them sit out for more than half an hour or so.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- You can use plastic shot glasses instead of condiment cups. Just be aware the shape of the glasses might make it harder to get the jello out. Serve with some toothpicks so people can scrape the sides!
- Other good options for the liquor in these shots: Crown Royal Peach, Malibu Peach (or any peach rum), any kind of peach flavored vodka, Peach Schnapps.
- Stick some drink umbrellas into your shots for another fun garnish idea! You can also use a small slice of real peach.
- Add something like champagne or even soda to give your shots a fun and unexpected fizz.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Spiked Peach Peace Tea – Another drink featuring Smirnoff Peach Lemonade Vodka, this refreshing drink is ideal for casual sipping in the shade.
- Bacon Wrapped Cabbage Dippers – Keto friendly and perfect to serve during happy hour. Who doesn’t love bacon?
- Charcuterie Jars – Your favorite charcuterie components packed into an individual mason jar for a delicious novelty appetizer.
- Jello Peach Pie – If you love these shots, try a pie featuring more peach jello from How Does She!
Homemade Peach Lemonade Jello Shots
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Once boiling, pour in the jello and mix well.
- Mix in 1 cup Peach Lemonade Vodka.
- Pour mixture into the condiment cups.
- Place cups in the refrigerator to harden.
- Once the jello is solid, place a peach ring on top
- If your shots refuse to set, you'll have to try another batch and use less alcohol.
- Slices of fresh peach or cocktail umbrellas are also good garnishes for these shots.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g