This sweet and refreshing Mango Margarita with mango juice and Triple Sec is a mouth-wateringly fruity take on the classic margarita cocktail that will become a new cocktail staple!
With a tropical mango flavor, this delicious twist on the margarita cocktail is a must-try for any tequila lovers! Combine sweet mango juice with your favorite tequila and orange liqueur for a refreshing and satisfying drink.
Whether you’re making a single drink to unwind after a long day or a big pitcher for your next party or picnic, mango margaritas will be a guaranteed success! Just like this Italian Margarita, you’ll love the simple preparation and consistently yummy results of this cocktail.
Why You’ll Love Mango Margaritas
Sweet, refreshing, and slightly tangy, this easy recipe for mango margaritas is the perfect way to level up your happy hour! Take the classic ingredients for a margarita and add a splash of tropical mango juice for a gorgeous color and fruity flavor.
With an easy garnish of lime slices and a rim of salt, this is a simple but stunning cocktail that’s sure to please guests. It will be a hit at parties and gatherings, or help quench your thirst anytime you need something light and tasty! Any lovers of mangoes or tequila must try this delicious drink!
Ingredients for Mango Margaritas
- Mango Juice – you should be able to find mango juice in most grocery stores
- Tequila – any blanco tequila will work well, but we love using Espolòn for its high quality and reasonable cost.
- Triple Sec – an essential margarita ingredient that adds a splash of orange flavor and an extra boozy kick.
- Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice – store bought will also work, but freshly squeezed yields the best results!
- Simple Syrup – for some added sweetness to balance out the citrus.
- Ice Cubes – you’ll want to enjoy this drink ice cold.
- Lime Slices – for garnish.
- Margarita Salt – a thin and flaky salt that’s perfect to coat the rim of a cocktail glass.
Recipe for Mango Margarita
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Pour in tequila, simple syrup, and triple sec.
- Squeeze in the lime juice. Top off with mango juice.
- Shake well. Coat the rim of a glass with lime juice and roll in margarita salt.
- Pour into a margarita glass and garnish with lime slices. We love these bent stem margarita glasses – you can get them here!
Mango Margarita FAQs
How can I make this a Mango Margarita mocktail?
To make an alcohol-free version of the margarita, omit the tequila and Triple Sec and instead use something like club soda or tonic water. You can add a splash of orange juice to make up for the missing citrus flavor of the Triple Sec. Instead of simple syrup use some agave nectar to channel the flavor of the tequila.
Can I serve this as a Mango Margarita on the rocks?
Yes! If you prefer to leave the ice in your drink, feel free to pour all the ingredients into a single glass over ice and omit the cocktail shaker altogether. You can also make a large pitcher or margaritas with ice by increasing the amounts of each ingredient.
Can I make this Mango Margarita without Triple Sec?
If you prefer a drink that isn’t quite as strong, the Triple Sec can be left out. You may want to add some orange juice for the citrus flavor, but the mango juice will bring enough sweetness to the cocktail that it won’t be bland without it.
How to make a frozen Mango Margarita?
To make a slushie-like cocktail, simply add all of the ingredients to a blender, including the ice, and blend until smooth. Then pour into glasses and garnish. For a thicker version, throw in some frozen mango chunks for added mango flavor and a silky texture.
Mango-Rita Popular Variations and Substitutions
- For more garnish ideas, top with a fun umbrella, a pretty straw, or even float chunks of fresh mangoes in your cocktail!
- An easy way to combine some ingredients is to use mango nectar, which is made with mango pulp and sweetened with simple syrup. This way you’ll only have to purchase the one ingredient instead of two separate ones. If you don’t often use mango juice or simple syrup, this is a great solution!
- Spicy Mango Margarita Recipe – to give your cocktail a little bit of heat, use Tajin or chili powder instead of or in addition to the margarita salt. You could also add a splash of jalapeno simple syrup.
- Pineapple Mango Margarita – substitute half of the mango juice for pineapple juice.
- Grapefruit Mango Margarita – substitute half of the mango juice for grapefruit juice.
- Peach Mango Margarita – use some peach juice or peach nectar in addition to the mango juice. You may want to exclude the simply syrup, as this will add lots of natural sweetness.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Poor Man’s Margarita – This more affordable take on the classic margarita on the rocks uses limeade instead of margarita mix. It’s a cost effective ingredient that still delivers lots of citrus flavor!
- Peach Margarita – A delicious frozen cocktail with lots of peachy notes, this is an excellent drink for cooling off in the summer or on any warm day.
- Apple Cider Margarita – Want an excuse to sip margaritas all year long? Make this autumnal apple cider version of the cocktail to bring in crisp fall flavors!
- Orzo Arugula Salad – Great as a side dish or appetizer, this salad combines healthy ingredients with both sweet and savory flavors for a unique and satisfying dish.
- Spinach and Feta Quiche – Next time you need a showstopping centerpiece for brunch or a hearty, savory appetizer, make this delicious quiche with nutritious spinach and flavorful feta.
- Mango Cooler Cocktail – With only 5 ingredients, this refreshing drink from Chew Out Loud is another delicious mango cocktail that also features lemon-lime soda for a fizzy finish.
Simple Mango Margarita Recipe
- 3 Ounce Mango Juice
- 2 Ounces Tequila
- 1 Ounce Triple Sec
- 1 Ounce Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice.
- 1/2 Ounce Simple Syrup
- Ice Cubes
- Lime Slices
- Margarita Salt
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Pour in tequila, simple syrup & triple sec.
- Squeeze in the lime juice.
- Top off with mango juice.
- Shake well.
- Coat the rim of a glass with lime juice and roll in margarita salt.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with lime slices.
- Add some chunks of fresh mango to the cocktail for additional mango flavor.
- Make this a frozen cocktail by blending the ingredients together with ice until smooth.
- Use either a blanco tequila or a resposado tequila for best results.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 523Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1014mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 1g