These festive and flavorful Christmas Jello Shots are the perfect way to get in the spirit with a super easy-to-make boozy party treat!
Fruity and delicious with a sweet whipped cream topping, holiday jello shots are a great option to bring along to your next Christmas party or to liven up your cookie swap!
Beyond simple to make, these shots have a gorgeous, fun and festive presentation that can be customized to your pleasing. Pair them with these adorable Christmas Light Cookies for an extravagant Christmas spread!
Why You’ll Love These Winter Jello Shots
Need a showstopping bring-along to your holiday party? These striking Christmas jello shots with vodka have a festive white, red, and green topping that channels all of the nostalgic holiday feelings.
These shots are made with cherry jello and a cherry limeade flavored vodka from Svedka that gives them a unique burst of citrus. Top with whipped cream for a creamy and sweet finish and you’ve got a crowd pleaser on your hands!
Great to make the day before your event, this is one of the most simple and foolproof Christmas jello shot recipes you’ll find. Best of all, you can change the toppings around to match whatever occasion you need.
Just make the jello, pop your shots in the refrigerator to set, and in no time they’ll be ready to serve. Add some extra fun to your holiday festivities!
Christmas Jello Shots Ingredients
- Cherry Lime Vodka – keeping with the theme of red and green, this unique flavored vodka gives your jello shots a balance of sweet and tart.
- Water – for making the jello.
- Whipped Cream – provides a subtle sweet and creamy topping to your fruity shots.
- Christmas Sprinkles – for a pop of color and extra holiday cheer!
- Cherry Jello – any red colored jello works, but cherry pairs exceptionally well with the vodka flavor.
- Condiment Cups – the perfect size for making and transporting shots, and easily disposable.
Jello Christmas Shots Instructions
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Stir in the cherry jello and then pour the cherry lime vodka into the hot water.
- Pour into condiment cups. Refrigerate until solid.
- Once jello is set, garnish with whipped cream and Christmas sprinkles for decoration.
Jello Shot FAQ’s
How many Jello shots per person should I plan for?
When you break it down, every 4 shots contain about 1 to 1.5 oz of alcohol, which the standard amount for a typical shot. I recommend aiming somewhere between 2-6 per person, depending on the event and if there are other drinks being served there.
What happens if you put too much alcohol in Jello shots?
Too much alcohol will prevent the shots from fully setting and you’ll end up with super liquidy shots. You could still probably serve them, but the consistency wouldn’t be quite solid.
I recommend sticking to the instructions. Jello shots aren’t necessarily meant to get you too drunk, they’re more a novelty treat that taste great and are fun to take with your friends!
Should you flip Jello shots upside down?
This can be a great way to let gravity help you get the shot out of the condiment cup! Just be careful it doesn’t slip out.
Can you refrigerate Jello shots upside down?
You can, and this is actually a great way to make it easier for you to enjoy the shots. Letting them set with the cups upside down will ensure that the shots still look beautiful but will be easily accessible and will easily come right out of the cup when it’s time to serve.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Turn these into Grinch jello shots by using a green jello flavor instead, like lime or green apple.
- If you can’t find condiment cups, you can also use plastic shot glasses or other small disposable cups. I recommend using something disposable so you don’t have to worry about collecting any glass shot glasses after the event.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe! Just use as many cups of vodka as cups of water, 1 of each for every packet of jello you add.
- Any flavor of red jello will work for this recipe. Cherry is a great option to match with the cherry limeade vodka, but you could also go with watermelon, strawberry, or any other red colored gelatin.
- The same is true of vodka flavors. While I love the cherry limeade for the sweet and sour combination, feel free to switch things up and try different combinations of vodka flavors with jello flavors.
- Make these shots for other holidays like Valentine’s Day and top with pink and red sprinkles instead of Christmas-colored.
- Instead of sprinkles, you can also use decorating frosting or decorating gel in red and green to make colorful stripes over top of the whipped cream garnish.
- I recommend waiting until just before serving to decorate with the whipped cream and sprinkles. If it’s easier, the garnishes can also be left off altogether.
More Festive Recipes You’ll Love
- Strawberry Mudslide – Excellent for Valentine’s Day, this sweet and creamy cocktail is like a strawberry flavored adult milkshake!
- Christmas Tree Spinach Dip Breadsticks – For a festive and savory holiday appetizer that your guests or family will love pulling apart!
- Royal Flush Cocktail – Perfect for any Vegas or gambling-themed party, you’ll love this whiskey cocktail with sweet and fruity flavors.
- Christmas Mimosas – A fantastic addition to any holiday brunch or even your Christmas dinner.
- Pinecone Cheese Ball with Almonds – This quirky appetizer looks just like a pinecone and makes a great tasty centerpiece around the holidays.
- Christmas Tree Cookies – These simple sugar cookies from Cooking Classy are decorated to look like sweet little Christmas Trees!
Christmas Jello Shot Recipe
- 1 Cup Vodka (Cherry Lime Flavor)
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- Whipped Cream
- Christmas Sprinkles
- 3oz Box Cherry Jello
- Condiment Cups
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Stir in the cherry jello & then pour in the cherry lime vodka.
- Pour into condiment cups.
- Refrigerate until solid.
- Once jello is solid, add whipped cream and Christmas sprinkles.
- Any red colored jello works well for these shots.
- You can also try any flavor of vodka, or just use a plain vodka and rely on the flavor from the jello.
- Use green jello to turn these into fun Grinch jello shots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 59Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 137mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g