This Pizza Pull Apart Bread recipe is the perfect way to enjoy your favorite pizza flavors in a comforting and tasty appetizer!
You’ll love this warm and satisfying appetizer loaded with your favorite pizza toppings! Easy to make and so simple to customize to your own preferences, this yummy bread is also fun to eat.
And if you love this recipe, you’ll also enjoy this Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread. Serve them together for a savory pair of appetizers, perfect for any occasion!
Why You’ll Love this Pizza Bread Recipe
If you love pizza (and who doesn’t?), this warm and savory appetizer is right up your alley! With classic pizza ingredients like cheese and pepperoni, the addition of bacon, and a soft and tender base thanks to biscuit dough, this is the ultimate comfort food appetizer.
With only 10-15 minutes of prep and a short baking time, this dish is easy to make and great for a substantial dish that’s ready in no time. Best of all, you can easily customize it and add any pizza toppings you please.
This is an extremely versatile dish that’s always a crowd pleaser. It’s so fun to pull apart this pizza bread and see all of the yummy cheesy goodness inside!
Pull Apart Pizza Bread Ingredients
- Store bought biscuits – this will take the place of pizza dough; biscuits are often used as the base for pull apart bread as they are easy to work with and tasty with a whole host of toppings and mix-ins.
- Bacon bits – add a slightly smoky and salty flavor.
- Chopped pepperoni – channels the flavor of pepperoni pizza.
- Melted butter – ensures that the biscuits get nice and brown and take on a rich buttery flavor.
- Garlic powder – brings together all of the ingredients with a distinctly pizza-like quality.
- Mozzarella cheese – great as a way to hold everything together and ensures a melty and cheesy experience.
How to Make Pizza Pull Apart Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a bundt pan or use cooking spray and set aside.
- Cut your biscuits into quarters and add them to a large bowl.
- Add bacon, pepperoni, butter, garlic and mozzarella cheese to the bowl with the biscuits.
- Mix ingredients until well incorporated.
- Add the ingredients to the bundt pan in pieces, evenly spread around the pan.
- Continue adding the dough pieces to the bundt pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and invert the bundt pan to remove the bread.
- Transfer the bread to a colorful serving plate and add a bowl with pizza sauce for dipping.
What kind of dipping sauce can I use for this pizza bread?
I highly recommend serving this with some marinara sauce to really capitalize on the pizza flavors of this dish. You could also serve it with ranch dressing, hot sauce, or a garlic and herb dipping sauce.
Can I make this pull apart bread in a cast iron skillet?
Sure! The baking time may vary somewhat and it will be a different shape, but a cast iron skillet is a great way to make this yummy appetizer. You can really use any kind of baking dish.
Is there a way to make individual pizza rolls?
Yes, but the prep may take a bit longer. In this case, you’ll want to combine all of the ingredients aside from the butter and biscuits. Roll each the dough balls out flat and stuff each one with the pizza filling, rolling into a self-contained ball.
Then place in the bundt pan (or a cast iron) and brush the butter over the biscuits and bake! You can also sprinkle some additional cheese on top to make it really melty and gooey.
Can I make my own biscuit dough?
If you really want to make biscuits from scratch, here’s a great recipe from Mom on Timeout. But I recommend using storebought dough for pull apart bread, as it’s typically a pretty good quality and much easier when it comes to prep time.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Add some cooked sausage or ground beef.
- Brush the bottom of the pan with a small amount of olive oil before baking for a super golden and crispy finish.
- A quick way to add lots of extra flavor is to stir some Italian seasoning into the dough mixture.
- Serve with marinara sauce on the side for dipping. Other dipping sauce options include ranch dressing, hot sauce, pesto, or a garlic herb butter sauce.
- For some heat, add red pepper flakes.
- Feel free to add more cheese if you like a super melty and stretchy pull apart bread. You can also use other cheeses like cheddar, Colby jack, or pepper jack.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Italian Sausage Baguettes – Another filling appetizer with lots of Italian flavor, perfect to serve alongside this pizza pull apart bread for a delicious appetizer platter.
- Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza – For my pizza lovers, this is a great way to create a quick and yummy pizza that’s great as an appy or even for a main course.
- Mermaid Water Cocktail – This fun cocktail has a beautiful aquamarine color and sweet tropical flavors.
- Chocolate Monkey Bread – If you love making easy and tasty pull apart breads, this chocolate variation would be excellent as a dessert.
Pull Apart Pizza Bread
Pizza Pull Apart Bread
You'll love this comforting and savory pull apart pizza bread with pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and bacon bits for lots of flavor!
- 2 cans of store bought biscuits
- 1 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup chopped pepperoni
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 TBS garlic
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease a bundt pan and set aside.
2.Cut your biscuits into quarters and add them to a large bowl.
3.Add bacon, pepperoni, butter, garlic and mozzarella cheese to the bowl with the biscuits.
4.Mix ingredients until well incorporated.
5.Add the ingredients to the bundt pan in pieces, evenly spread around the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- You can add any ingredients that you prefer on pizza. Try cooked sausage, onions, mushrooms, spinach, and more.
- Add extra cheese for a super melty and cheesy bread. You can also add other cheeses like cheddar or Colby jack.
- Serve with marinara, garlic herb butter, ranch dressing, or buffalo sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 831mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 15g